Dark Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care' started by softgrey, Apr 9, 2004.

1. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

all around me i keep seeing people colouring their hair...now this is nothing new...however...instead of going lighter...they are going DARKER!...now this is something new...what's going on... is this happening where you are?...

is this some form of backlash against the proliferation of uber blonde pop stars and bimbos with hair extensions...

or is the dark-haired vixen gaining popularity?...what's going on?...

add your thoughts... :flower:

2. meowmix

meowmix New Member

i think the strong presence of this more ladylike style/look may be a factor...just moving towards a...hmm more demuere look? just a lil thought :flower:

3. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

I like the whole hair darkening thing... ;)

4. meowmix

meowmix New Member

i second that. in the past ive tried to go lighter and lighter but it just didnt work for me...finally embracing my (dark) roots

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

me too, even though aubruns were hot on the runways, i think darker and more ash tones are the new look, redish is a bit tired over here.

btw, my haircolour is a bit darker than my natural colour :heart:

6. meowmix

meowmix New Member

I love ashy tones but they never turn out very well on me...ahhh black hair :doh:

7. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

I have naturally dark brown hair but its making me made all these blondes are dying there hair brown, plus they do it with an at home kit so it look like ****.

Bottled brunette is just as bad as Bottled blonde

8. fuj

fuj New Member

i dyed my hair a deep brown recently.

I like it, it makes it easier to use bright colours that i normally wouldn't be able to use with my naturally blonde hair.

9. neonpinkstains

neonpinkstains New Member

I prefer dark hair.
    My sister has dark dark brown hair it's so gorgeous, and I am envious.
    I would love dark hair, but since I am a redhead it'd make me look almsot ghostly pale. :cry:
    So instead I have to go more for a blondie red look since I don't like being a redhead.

10. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

me too, even though aubruns were hot on the runways, i think darker and more ash tones are the new look, redish is a bit tired over here.

btw, my haircolour is a bit darker than my natural colour :heart: [/b][/quote]
    so do women change their hair colour according to trends or runway looks?...

sorry if i sound really naive...but i've never coloured my hair-(except the tips blue... :p)

also -the whole demure ladylike thing sounds very plausible as well, no...

being a very dark brunette...i'm glad not to be such a minority anymore...but i'm having trouble getting used to it...but i have to say...most of these women actually look MUCH better with darker hair... :flower: :woot:

11. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Why don't you like being a redhead neonpinkstains? :cry:
    There are so few of us already...

12. Glamourina

Glamourina New Member

I think that's a large part of it, trends tend to be pretty pendulous. One look gets used so much that it is overdone, so things swing back to the opposite end. It happens in fashion, music (with rock music being the trend now as opposed to the pop movement of the early 00's), all sorts of things. People got tired of seeing bleach blondes everywhere. Personally, I have mixed feelings about the darker hair trend. I've been dark-haired my whole life, whereas everyone else in my family is naturally blonde and very Scandinavian looking. For a long time I was made to feel inferior to my blonde cousins because of my hair color. Now, they're all desperate to be brunette because it's trendy. What happened to hating "boring brown" hair? :angry:

13. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

so do women change their hair colour according to trends or runway looks?...

sorry if i sound really naive...but i've never coloured my hair-(except the tips blue... :p)

also -the whole demure ladylike thing sounds very plausible as well, no...

being a very dark brunette...i'm glad not to be such a minority anymore...but i'm having trouble getting used to it...but i have to say...most of these women actually look MUCH better with darker hair... :flower: :woot: [/b][/quote]
    you should be happy to be a minority, i know i was a hell of a lot happier when i was the only brunette in my classes.

14. highheels

highheels New Member

Well softgray i work at a hair salon and i think being a blonde for some is almost the norm so just like brittany spears and christina they want a break from that. The only thing, it dosen't last for most. As they are paying to leave their having second thoughts, even though they actually look so much better darker they are back in a week to be blonde again.

15. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Omgsh I love how all the blondes are goig to brunette i will post a few pics of celebs. changing to darker!

Pictured" mary kate olse

Attached Files:

16. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Nicky Hilton-

Attached Files:

17. neonpinkstains

neonpinkstains New Member

:eek: I don't like Nicky Hilton as a brunette!
    She looks like a weird Christina Aguilera! :wacko:

18. Glamourina

Glamourina New Member

I'm sorry, but I don't find Nicky Hilton attractive at all :yuk:

19. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

Britney spears-

Attached Files:

20. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

I think Nicky Hilton is gorgeous with brown hair- more than she was! Here is another piture---not great but better.

Attached Files: