Benn98

Reaction score
Dazed & Confused August 1999

First Blood

Photographer: Terry Richardson
Stylist: Sabrina Schreder
Hair: Rolando Beaucamp
Makeup: Frank B
Cast: Bridget Hall, Eva Herzogova, Annie Morton, Shalom Harlow, Guinevere van Seenus

For some reason, Ivanka Trump is also credited in this edit, but I can't spot her? :unsure:

Dazed & Confused Digital Edition

Last edited:

The Things You Do When You're Bored

Photographer: Rankin
Stylist: Miranda Robson
Hair: Oliver Wood
Makeup: Christian McCullogh
Cast: Shelby Lynne

Meltdown

Photographer: Rankin
Stylist: Miranda Robson
Hair: Mark Andersen, Shinya
Makeup: Charlotte Tilbury
Cast: Amanda, Lauren

Push Me Pull Me

Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Katy England
Makeup: Val Garland
Cast: Children from The Moving Visions Group

Breathe In Breathe Out

Photographer: Donald Milne
Cast: Tricky :heart:

God, that Terry edit is ingenious and still so potent 21 years later: So gloriously cheeky and gorgeous and so masterfully composed. Back in the day, he came up with such clever concepts— and they were his concepts and not the CD's/AD's, since there’s a signature witty consistency to them all. (And what a cast. Of course Ivanka isn’t shown: She doesn’t belong there.)

And speaking of genius, Tricky remains untouchable. Now we have to suffer a basic like Travis Scott… :weeps:

First Blood

Photographer: Terry Richardson
Stylist: Sabrina Schreder
Hair: Rolando Beaucamp
Makeup: Frank B
Cast: Bridget Hall, Eva Herzogova, Annie Morton, Shalom Harlow, Guinevere van Seenus

For some reason, Ivanka Trump is also credited in this edit, but I can't spot her? :unsure:
Maybe they erased her from the digital edition?

Mad about the cover and main edit. Not really familiar with this era of Terry's work, but it looks interesting. Very Klein, of course, which makes me wonder who came first.
Tricky's edit is masterful, especially the last show with the moody sky and English chimney in the backdrop.

Maybe they erased her from the digital edition?

Could be, but the pages add up when you count from Bridget's first page to Guinevere's last. And credits always appears on the last or 2nd last page Also, it seems as if Dazed scanned these olf issues manually. Maybe her shot just never went to print.

I actually like her look back then. Her chubby cheeks and small mouth seemed very quirky, but only with the HF theatrics. Otherwise she just looked like your average American teen.
When you read all the trivia of her modelling career it sounds a lot like Kendall Jenner, lol. I mean, this is Kendall to a T:

"Modeling was not an endgame for me," Ivanka says. "I didn't particularly enjoy the act of it. It's as ruthless an industry as real estate — the people you meet in that business are just as fricking tough." She scrunches her velvety brow. "I used it as an excuse to travel. I used it as a way to break up the monotony. It was great, but it is an annoying source of confusion at this juncture in my life. People still constantly ask me, 'How's modeling going?' That's how they remember me, and I want to be a little bit more serious than that, ha ha!"

Michael Flutie, the owner of Company Management, was more focused on her skill than her surname. ”If she walked into my agency, I would not sign her as a model. I like girls to be exceptionally editorial, which is more of an ability than a look. I don’t think she has that edge.”

Nearly a decade later Ivanka reflected on participating in the Tommy Hilfiger campaign. She said that “models were the meanest, cattiest, b****iest girls on the planet … entitled, unsupervised, undereducated, pampered teenagers whose every success came as the direct result of someone else’s disappointment.”

And then there was that Spin interview....

Read Our March 1998 Interview With a 16-Year-Old Ivanka Trump | SPIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->