Dazed & Confused July 2013 : Kati Nescher by Paolo Roversi

Mat Cyruss

Mag Master
Reaction score

Kati Nescher, Vanessa Axente, Marie Piovesan and Ondria Hardin.

models

Last edited by a moderator:
1006262_10151631154644089_1736708130_n.jpg

facebook / Dazed & Confused

from models.com
Since its inception Dazed and Confused has been one of the standards by which other magazines are judged. The Dazed look – that instantly recognizable blend of innovation and edge, has spawned imitators, but none that can match the original when it comes to style and wit. With the launch of the July issue Dazed begins a new era of creativity. Led by fashion director Robbie Spencer, the London glossy breaks new ground with content that pushes the visual envelope and dares to inspire and provoke. The dazzling 30 page Paolo Roversi cover story is a near mythic exploration of “trash fashion” that reveals the extraordinary quality of discarded objects.
Finding the beauty in the unexpected is one of Robbie Spencer’s specialties; throughout his illustrious career he has continuously taken fashion into the realm of art with unorthodox styling, creating some of the most memorable imagery in recent memory. In this Models.com exclusive preview, he unveils his plans for Dazed’s future, the inspiration behind the astonishing cover story and just what keeps him excited about fashion.
All photos courtesy of Dazed & Confused for Models.com

View more of the Dazed & Confused July issue on dazeddigital.com
Photography by Paolo Roversi
Styling by Robbie Spencer
A Models.com interview by Janelle Okwodu

What does your new position as fashion director entail? Under my direction, alongside Creative Director Chris Simmonds and Editor Tim Noakes, I intend to build on the visual language we have developed as a team over the past three years. My goal is and has always been to create and commission memorable imagery, as well as unifying the Dazed aesthetic for both print and digital.
As Fashion Director I intend to bring a youthful enthusiasm to the pages of Dazed, working with a new fashion team as well as new contributors. This marks a new era of Dazed and I am excited about what we can achieve together.
What made you want to work with Paolo on your first issue as fashion director?
It was a real privilege to work with Paolo on my first issue as Fashion Director of Dazed & Confused. I felt like he was the perfect component in capturing the rawness of the issue’s “trash fashion” theme while also producing some beautiful and almost couture-like imagery. I felt like together we were able to create a real statement of intent using some of our favourite girls: Kati Nescher, Vanessa Axente, Marie Piovesan and Ondria Hardin.

i have the slight feel this will be an awesome issue :woot:

via dazeddigital

i :wub: :heart::wub: Kati & Marie here

LOVE the cover and the editorial so much. That shot of marie in the pastel furry thing and the last one !!

The previous issues has been lackluster and JUST as my subscription ends, they pull out this fantastic preview. Typical. :cry::rolleyes:

It's time to "trash and burn" that cellophane tag line...

But I'm interested in seeing what's inside.

Ohhh Paolo Roversi! Love his work! I like the cover. I can't say is lovely. But dark and interesting. Very Roversi.

cover looks very cheaply done but i am happy for kati!

Cover Story: Modern Life Is Rubbish
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Models: Kati Nescher, Vanessa Axente, Marie Piovesan & Ondria Hardin
Styling: Robbie Spencer
Hair: Yannick D'Is
Make-Up: Adrien Pinault
Nails: Elsa Deslandes

Digital Edition Dazed & Confused

cont.

Digital Edition Dazed & Confused