Dazed & Confused June 2011 : Ai Weiwei

tarsha

Reaction score
bestcover.jpg

June's Global Activism Special concentrates on the struggle for freedom around the world, featuring missing Chinese artist and social critic Ai Weiwei on the cover, and publishing one of his last interviews before he was detained by the government. The magazine also spends a few days with the underground resistance fighters of Burma’s brutal dictatorship, hears street artist JR's account of his art revolution in Tunisia, and profiles some of the Middle East's young activists fighting for a new tomorrow.

dazeddigital

Wow, this seems like an interesting issue. I can't wait to see the contents.

It's important that we have Ai Weiwei in the media, talking about his work and his position in society. It's important that he has a voice, and that we get to hear it.

Brilliant! :shock: The best cover of any magazine so far this year and exactly the reason why I love Dazed :wub:

:shock:the first magazine that has caught my attention all year where i'm not even bothered about fashion/models/eds etc it is indeed brilliant. this sound like a very strong issue can't wait to read it.:heart:

does this mean we can talk about politics here ?
kidding

nonetheless, the cover hits very interesting

Such a bittersweet cover...

I will definitely be buying this. And I'm glad that other people will be too even if they are unfamiliar with some of the topics.

the most powerful cover of the year!!!!brilliant in every aspect.

Dazed & Confused always knows how to surprise me... :heart: You never know, what you can expect from them. That's why I'm always looking forward for the new issue..Wish I could get it, though.

There's an ed by Ben Toms with Saskia...dislike her so much but the styling by Jacob K is amazing as usual. There's also an ed with Liu Xu and Hyoni...IDK if I'm right on the IDing, a feature on Gucci F/W 11 by Serge Leblon and Richard Burbridge/Robbie Spencer shot something with a few girls and guys (similar to the AnotherMan ed, you have that tapestry thing on their faces.)

It looked far better than i-D anyhow :innocent:...

Beautiful cover... and David Byrne inside too. I hope I can find this issue.

Ph: Ben Toms
Styling: Jacob K
Model: Saskia de Brauw

bentoms.blogspot.com

^ Stunning. I'm sold on that alone. Jacob K can do no wrong!

ofdazed1.jpg

ofdazed2.jpg

ofdazed3.jpg

ofdazed4.jpg

ofdazed5.jpg

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?
photography Lina Scheynius
styling Kate Shillingford

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads