Demelza Reveley

kickassgood

Reaction score
Australia's next top model cycle 4 winner. I don't think she's of the caliber of Alice but I guess with further production on part of Priscilla's she might get near Alice's standards.
header_web.jpg

Bully beauty Demelza takes out top prize

The vogue.com.au Forums are firing with blazing opinions on last night’s winner of Australia’s Next Top Model, Demelza Reveley. The 16-year-old from Wollongong first came to the attention of the public when her antics on the Foxtel program labelled her a bully. The judges’ decision was drawn, with Vogue Australia editor-in-chief Kirstie Clements voting for finalist Alexandra Girdwood because of concerns about Reveley’s behaviour. The winner was decided by public voting.
Part of Reveley’s prize is a shoot in Vogue Australia’s September issue, with the magazine under a contractual agreement with Australia’s Next Top Model to feature the winner on eight pages, but don’t expect the amateur model to appear on the cover like last year’s winner Alice Burdeu. “Alice was such an exceptional case,” Clements says. “It was clear from the very beginning that she had the makings of an international model.” (July 2, 2008)
- Damien Woolnough
antm_main.jpg

vogue australia

Last edited by a moderator:
i think Demelza's look is really commercial. she looks more like a Target girl. maybe it's her eyebrows. i dunno. :lol: on the other hand, Alice Burdeu is more elegant, high fashion...

:lol: at the eyebrows thing: you know, I really think you might be right...Also, that picture of her in the purple dress is highly unflattering.

I quite like her, she looks pretty stellar on the runway and in person. She needs some work, though.

yeah not some i think tons but i might be exaggerating because of how much i dislike her:rolleyes:
470top-model1.jpg

qa_header_web.jpg

Australia's Next Top Model winner Demelza Reveley visits Vogue Australia’s offices to talk to vogue.com.au.
Here, she speaks with Damien Woolnough on bullying, the future and laundry.

1. What was it like when you were announced as the winner of the series?

polaroid_web.jpg

I started to get anxious when the music started to throb. When they announced my name I didn’t hear it. It was really crazy.
2. What was the high point of the program for you?

Definitely going to New York. I felt really comfortable there and the energy was incredible. I’m so excited that part of the prize is going back there.
3. What was the low point?

There were times that I just wanted to go home but I’m pretty independent. I have one sister who is 17-years older than I am so I almost grew up as an only child. You can imagine how difficult it is to go from that to sharing with so many girls.
People always thought the fights would be over the bathroom but it was getting to use the washing machine and the dryer that caused the most tension.

4. Which of the judges did you relate to?

They were all great. Alex Perry has such a great knowledge of fashion and Jodhi is so nurturing but I really valued Charlotte Dawson’s comments. She would be critical but you knew that she was trying to help you.
5. How do you feel about being labelled a bully?

It’s difficult because I’m not that person. There’s the way that the public see me and the way that I really am. What happened took place five months ago. I can’t change the way people think about me. All I can do is keep apologising and hope that in time people will move on.
6. How would your friends describe you?

I think they would say that I am generous. I always try to do nice things for them and surprise them.
7. What are you looking forward to now?

Just the future. I know it’s going to be hard but I like to busy. I’m very determined and I hate just sitting around. (July 3, 2008)
- Damien Woolnough

vogue.com.au

i think Demelza's look is really commercial. she looks more like a Target girl. maybe it's her eyebrows. i dunno. :lol: on the other hand, Alice Burdeu is more elegant, high fashion...

I never watched the show, though my friend made me watch the final and those were my exact words. ^_^

i agree that she's quite commercial looking but i think that can be changed....i think there is something unusual about her face which can be highlighted. and i also think she's really very pretty. i'm interested to see what kind of work she gets. how tall is she?

She's 5'10''.

I don't care what people say, I am so happy she won instead of Alex :yuk:

topmodelsnarrowweb300x4nt9.jpg

smh

It'll be interesting to see what an agency can do for her. I didn't like her much on the show, but she does have potential and I did like that shot of her in the Tigerlily swimwear.

Here is her full portfolio from the show :smile:, I was really glad she won. Even though her portfolio wasn't perfect she had a few great shots and a superb look (I loved her eyes/ears) and I definitely preferred her to Alexandra. I don't like her nearly as much as I loved Alice last season but I still think she's great :smile:
Hopefully she fixes her eyebrows and learns to be more expressive though, can't wait to see her Vogue Aus. spread

Pre-Show

Australian Vogue (cropped from group picture:(

Napolean Perdis Makeup:

Mary Kri Shoes on Side of Building:

Alex Perry Look Book:

Peter Alexander Pajamas:

Fiji Casualty:

Tigerlily:

Oyster Magazine:

Couture:

NYC Shoot:

all via: www.realitytvgames.net

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to see what she is doing a year from now.

The third one along - is she capturing the fairies and listening to them? :lol:

she will be coming to new zealand to do fashion week, with 62 models.

it will be interesting to see if she can overcome all the negative press and criticism of her behaviour, and become a top model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->