Denim/Jean jackets

i've also been seeing jean shirts on a few people (that are not western shirts)... which on the few ppl i've seen looked really nice, but it's all about styling-- and the same can be said of jean jacket + jeans.\

in the end, i think a well cut or fitted jean jacket for ladies can be pretty classic especially for spring and summer.

the things i associate jean jackets with are greasers, working class, 80s/90s, punk, and really oldschool/biker/neighborhood gang fashion--all of which are cool imo. personally, one of my projects when i have time is to customize a jean jacket along the same fit and messed up wash style as Brody Dalle's jacket in the attached fotos from Kerrang magazine (2003). heh.

...and i think less traditional stuff in denim is strange/momentary/trendy (in the bad sense)--like that denim trench or blazer. for me that's as wrong/denim-overkill as making a denim longcoat or denim hoodie, hahaha.

Attachments

• kerrang.gif
    kerrang.gif
    111.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
yey! they are back, kirsten dunst have been wearing them too, and Sienna miller keeps wearing her demin vest! but im not a fan of the Demin-demin combination...like jeans and demin coat...it looks awfull...
but i love to see for exemple a pair of dark blue shorts and a demin jacket (light color)

I SO agree with you on the denim on denim look.. the other day i saw a pic of lindsay lohan with a denim top and jeans and it looked like Poo..IMO.:sick: too much denim all at once...

i think denim jackets can ONLY work if you don't wear it with jeans but with like a cotton dress or cotton shorts or something that isn't made of denim, like the way cory kennedy did it on the 1st page....too much denim on denim can be waay bad....remember this disaster?....
bs2.jpg

(denimology.co.uk)

i love my denim jacket! its perfect for LA winter weather...a black cotton dress with a denim jacket when its a little breezy is HOT HOT HOT

omfg :shock:

i hate hate denim jackets.

i have yet to bump into a well fitting jacket.

Something random -- a little kid sup'd up in Samurai Denim (cred=superfuture).
Pretty darn cute imo! :P

Attachments

• img08805650.jpg
    img08805650.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 2
I don't like denim and denim but i love my denim jacket. Bring them back i say!

I saw picture's in a fashion magazine with celebs wearing denim, but it comes in all vorms now I think. Jacket, bodywarmer, gilet.

I'm against denim on denim look:sick:. I don't think denim jackets were ever out of style but maybe there's a resurgence.

she mixed denim with pvc leggings and a black shirt and she looks good!

pic from Stockholm street style

what has been out but may be coming back in:
denim shirts

ACNE
hot11ny2.jpg

http://www.fashion156.com/

I think the "denim tux" can work if the jacket is washed/destroyed with a pair of clean raw jeans.. the contrast in the two types of denim makes it interesting. I have an old denim jacket from the Gap that I haven't worn in a couple years, maybe I'll give it life again this fall.. ^_^

I prefer only fitted cropped denim jackets. Anything else isn't for me. Denim overload is all right for those who live in the mountains or live on a ranch from what I observe.

I have the denim jacket found above (that is #33), and i can't bring myself to wear it :lol:

Kristin Dunst denim on denim sometime in July
4uenzbs.jpg

SRC: JustJared

later that day apparently inverted it...?
4zc798o.jpg

SRC: AdoreVintage Forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->