Derek Lam Pre-Fall 2010

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
"Minimalism with warmth" is how Derek Lam described his pre-fall lineup, a focused exploration of the essential pieces that comprise a woman's wardrobe. Since opening his Crosby Street store last summer, the designer has been receiving firsthand feedback as to what those items are. Fur does well, so on offer today were a fox vest and coordinating shrug. This label does a brisk business in outerwear, too, and a pair of bonded wool coats—one in brown with a fur collar and another in printed jacquard—should be particularly coveted next winter. Coupled with pieces like a sienna-hued vest-style wrap dress and a black leather and flannel T-shirt, the overall effect was cleaner and more graphic than the polka-dot-and-floral,1940's-inflected looks the designer showed for Spring. But that's not to say he's abandoned his softer side. Lam updated one of his best-selling silhouettes—a slim-but-not-tight elbow-sleeved frock—in Lurex with a digitized butterfly print. The verdict: plenty here to warm his fans' hearts.

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg
00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg

wwd

I like it, after the last summer collection i became a real fan of his designs. I think this time he did a real good job as well. Classy, feminine, modern.

The first look is really nice - although, I think it may rely on one standing with one's hand on one's hip, somewhat! :lol:

The purple and orange dress, with the graphic print on the bottom section, is nice, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
the colors remind me of the spring prada collection from 2005 in the best possible way and the dress in look eight is simply stunning.

At first sight I thought that it's Missoni. But all in all it's pretty good, love the mini dresses and fur shoulders.

Its nice to see some color in the the pre fall collection.
I like the blue short jacket, some nice pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->