Dermatologists/Aestheticians Recommendations - London

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Marchessa, May 21, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Marchessa

Marchessa New Member

I tried to do a search but couldn't find one on this subject so I hope it hasn't been done.

I was thinking we could possibly use this as a place to recommend dermatologists or aestheticians and give reviews.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never been to a dermatologist and I think my skin is showing signs that it's time to find one.:ninja: So I was hoping someone would know of a good one within London. :flower:

2. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

Marchessa - I'm changing the title to reflect that you are looking for recommendations on London based dermatologists or aestheticians.
    That is what we have done with all the hairsalon /hairstylist recommendation threads.. and it is bound to give you a better chance of a useful reply :flower:

3. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

Well, if I were you I would look through the backlog on DailyCandy London in their new spa's section and they might have someone they recommend or some place new that strikes you. A lot of cosmetic surgeries are on Harley St. in Marylebone and that is where you will find people who will do resurfacing and that sort of thing. Otherwise, I find it's best to look in your local area. There is a great threading place in Marylebone on some little side street. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, but it's quite famous so I would just google it. It was only 15 quid which I think is quite reasonable. I will say that generally I don't find the accessibility to derm's the same as in the US or Canada. In Canada at least, you need to get a referal to a dermatologist via your family doctor. I don't know if it's the same however at your GP in the UK.

4. Fashionturnip

Fashionturnip New Member

Good idea for a thread. :)

Ive never had anything done personally, but a friend of mine has been to the Sk:n clinic on Harley street. I went there & the staff are nice, its clean & welcoming. They give a free consultation...so they might be worth a try! :flower:

Any other suggestions anyone....?

5. Marchessa

Marchessa New Member

*bump* So I've booked an appointment with sk:n clinic, hopefully it goes well. Any other recommendations.