Designer Clothing / Accessories Rentals

Discussion in 'Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion' started by mteb123, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Romantic Rebel

Romantic Rebel New Member

Yes please do.
    We're all interested on how your fashion business will turn out in the future.
    If you have time, please also post pics of your store here. All of us will be delighted to see it.

2. Noemi27

Noemi27 New Member

Hire Clothing

Hey ! I know that in Paris you can rent from Vintage stores if well negotiated , I know you asked for London but Paris is a train ride away :)

3. thestylishdevil

thestylishdevil New Member

I've been looking through the forum threads and trying to find out more about where I could locate historical gowns (for example, Valentino dresses) to be used in a shoot.

I was thinking a rental situation/costume place would be the answer. But I have no idea in SF/South Bay!! Can anyone give me more info about perhaps where to go or what sort of rates I'm looking at? A point in the direction would be greatly appreciated!! :(

4. BetteT

BetteT Mod Squad Team Leader

High end resale shops might have a few vintage designer gowns, but they will want to sell them ... not rent them.

The only place that I can think of, that might have any selection at all and is willing to rent them out, is at some the costume houses in Los Angeles. Western Costume in Hollywood is one. Universal Studios has one behind it's backlot, if they still do that. There is one in North Hollywood/Sun Valley area, but I forget it's name. There are more .... I just don't have the information handy. I found them by Googling. I know that they are not in your area, but it might be worth a trip down here.

You will have call ahead and find out how to set up an account with them or how you need to cover possible loss and or damage and about how much time you for returns and if you can ship them back ... but it's not as hard to do as it sounds. Then you can shop in their warehouses ... they have stacks of racks, up to the ceilings, miles and miles of wardrobe. They have huge ladders that roll, so you can get up there. Bring an assistant to help lift things down to the rolling rack they will lend you. Each type of clothing will be in it's own section, so vintage gowns will probably be in one area of the warehouse. Of course, you will need to know what's real and what isn't, if that is important to you to be authentic.

#24 BetteT, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited by moderator Natasa: Dec 21, 2013
  5. thestylishdevil

thestylishdevil New Member

Thanks again Bette!