Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

conde nast has put out a special stand alone issue "kim and the kardashians" it's appears to be a bunch of reprints. it's been on newstands for a few weeks now in NYC.

this publication has a higher price tag so perhaps conde nast won't want to put her on a new cover that compete with this more expensive item. here's hoping.

i think karl has a point about wealth flaunting. he's usually photographed in his uniform - nothing that looks outrageously expensive. and his homes in vermont and new york are decidedly understated.

Grab your popcorn 'cause Slimane on twitter talking in third person

Post 2 & 1

25rgqe1.png

Post 3

2qasb4y.png

twitter/hedislimanetwit

Last edited by a moderator:
Post 4

wjht1f.png

Post 5

2ywgtpk.png

Post 6

2zegl89.png

Post 7

2eg91cz.png

Post 8
5oa5o6.png

twitter/hedislimanetwit

Backwards in order, he is now talking about confetti so let's hope he's almost done :innocent:

same source

:lol:

Please Heather, don't forget to keep a backup of this.. his last meltdown was wiped off the internet (tfs twitter screenshots posted by Isabelle included :innocent:).

^ YES. I'll just keep reposting it.

Annnnnnd, wait for it:

28te0r4.png

twitter/hedislimanetwit

He has the right to defend himself. People are claiming that "YSL" is back with Vaccarello but the brand is still Saint Laurent. The logo never disappeared.
A Logo appears in a pair of heels and suddenly everybody is crazy.

This war with Kering is getting ridiculous. They really have a problem with handling their designer's exit. Tom, Frida, Stefano, Nicolas and now Hedi. I hope Demna and Alessandro are ready.

^ YES. I'll just keep reposting it.

Annnnnnd, wait for it:

twitter/hedislimanetwit
I like this kind of legal-sounding but totally troll-ish way of externalising anger. Surprised he went for Hedi and not the plaintiff.

You'd think jumping from house to house singing covers of other designer's hits his entire life would've given him thicker skin and familiarised him with the now typical way any new designer in these houses tends to refer to their era as a "new future that WILL honor the legacy" and the previous one as something next to deplorable. He found no problem in playing that card when it was convenient for him, making the years and work of Pilati sound like garbage and poorly representative of what YSL "truly" was. So what did he expect? a smooth and glorious exit? he assembled himself all the right conditions for a nasty relationship and a nastier departure. Moron :lol:..

Things will be a lot easier when these designers (especially dinosaur ones like Hedi) learn to deflate their egos a little, acknowledge their own team, and then previous ones that have left but that paved the path for them to get there in the first place. Humility.

OMFG whaaat. Hahaha. I don't understand how adults in the entertainment and fashion industry act like teenagers on the internet! There is a way to defend yourself without going on a rant and looking like a psychopath.

He has the right to defend himself. People are claiming that "YSL" is back with Vaccarello but the brand is still Saint Laurent. The logo never disappeared.
A Logo appears in a pair of heels and suddenly everybody is crazy.

This war with Kering is getting ridiculous. They really have a problem with handling their designer's exit. Tom, Frida, Stefano, Nicolas and now Hedi. I hope Demna and Alessandro are ready.
I agree, but I think he could've addressed the logo thing with a succinct tweet. this is...overboard, obsessive. like, chill dude. it's not that serious.

The thing is he's actually right about the YSL argument... but you always lose when you go down the twitter rant lane.

Wtf I'm embarrassed for him. How old is he again?

I'll always like Hedi as a designer and visionary image-maker.

But for a 47-yo men, he is clearly so up in his own... ivory tower, he's in an alarming stage of arrested development, as displayed by his tweet tantrums. Creepy and sad.

Wow, someone is really having a tantrum, embarrassing. :blink:

Eh, with this one I actually am willing to let it slide. He had four years of people bitching, complaining and criticizing him for his supposed desecration of the YSL logo and name -- starting with that "Ain't Saint Laurent Without Yves" crap that came out before he showed a single image or sold a single handbag -- and, as he clearly illustrates, it's been an unfair accusation all along.

I can't say I wouldn't be pissed to hear every critic who vocally opposed me for something which was essentially untrue suddenly referring to my successor's use of the logo so positively when, in fact, I'd been doing it all along while catching flack for not using it. I might not have used a dozen tweets to prove my point but I doubt I would've been able to sum it all up in 140 characters or less, either.

The overreaction. :rofl: At least make one post about it not 20. :rofl:

ridiculous.... this logo doesn't belong to Vaccarello, Slimane, Pilati or Ford. Whatever uses they did of it. And none of those designers can claim "I did it first".

It belongs to Yves Saint-Laurent himself...

Eh, with this one I actually am willing to let it slide. He had four years of people bitching, complaining and criticizing him for his supposed desecration of the YSL logo and name -- starting with that "Ain't Saint Laurent Without Yves" crap that came out before he showed a single image or sold a single handbag -- and, as he clearly illustrates, it's been an unfair accusation all along.

I can't say I wouldn't be pissed to hear every critic who vocally opposed me for something which was essentially untrue suddenly referring to my successor's use of the logo so positively when, in fact, I'd been doing it all along while catching flack for not using it. I might not have used a dozen tweets to prove my point but I doubt I would've been able to sum it all up in 140 characters or less, either.

Agreed. I don't find it to be a tantrum per se, but how else was he expected to get his point out? Emailing the fashion press directly, penning an open letter in the NY Times? I'm sure the alternatives would've elicited even more eye rolls.

ridiculous.... this logo doesn't belong to Vaccarello, Slimane, Pilati or Ford. Whatever uses they did of it. And none of those designers can claim "I did it first".

It belongs to Yves Saint-Laurent himself...

I think you have missed the point...Spike's post sums it up rather well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->