Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

I want to share something that happened to me and my friends.

In the design industry Ralph Lauren would put on fake interviews so that recruiting agencies would send their best candidates to their interviews. Once the interview start, Ralph Lauren designers would take pictures of your portfolio. Ralph HR would send you to have interviews with all of their divisions in the company so that everyone would have a dip of your work FOR FREE. Then they would ask you to design a project, aka a small collection as a pitch to get the position. When the project is done they would either ask you for a copy or take pictures and you never hear from them again. This is a common practice that Ralph Lauren continues to employ. Why pay when you can put on fake interviews and get ideas at no cost, since candidates want to get the position so they obviously would only present their best work.

As their stock continues to slide, they have to come up with a way to get people to do work without having to pay a single penny.

I want to share something that happened to me and my friends.

In the design industry Ralph Lauren would put on fake interviews so that recruiting agencies would send their best candidates to their interviews. Once the interview start, Ralph Lauren designers would take pictures of your portfolio. Ralph HR would send you to have interviews with all of their divisions in the company so that everyone would have a dip of your work FOR FREE. Then they would ask you to design a project, aka a small collection as a pitch to get the position. When the project is done they would either ask you for a copy or take pictures and you never hear from them again. This is a common practice that Ralph Lauren continues to employ. Why pay when you can put on fake interviews and get ideas at no cost, since candidates want to get the position so they obviously would only present their best work.

As their stock continues to slide, they have to come up with a way to get people to do work without having to pay a single penny.
Wow, I mean I don't have much work experience so I'm not really aware of these kinds of 'practices' but that is disgusting. Unfortunately this probably happens more often than we would like to think but other companies just use different methods for similar purposes. This makes me so angry and I'm sorry you and your friends had to go through that.

Miley vs. Stefan Gabbana.

tNvSguw.jpg

instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Miley's brother walked for their show and she congratulated him but also mentioned that she didn't agree with their company's policy and then he fired him.

Miley's brother walked for their show and she congratulated him but also mentioned that she didn't agree with their company's policy and then he fired him.

My god I just read more of Stefano's comments. He's like the Donald Trump of fashion when it comes to social media and ranting on about stuff.

Wow, someone is in dire need of some Instagram weaning! It's a shame the Cyrus guy had to get dragged into this mess, but I'm sure he'll be flooded by offers now.

Stefano is such a troll, it's ridiculous, I can't believe people would want to be associated with him anymore.

I honestly think Stefano is hilarious on Instagram. Seriously a crack up.

And in regards to the Miley Cyrus incident - he's the owner of the business...it's his perogitive. He has every right to do as he pleases and work with whomever he wants to for whatever reason he sees fit. If the Cyrus's disagree with his point of view or politics, then why work with him in the first place? So hypocritical. So tired of the perpetually victimized activist narrative everyone loves playing out these days. Apparently - so is Stefano.

I'm so tempted to buy one of the #Boycott Dolce & Gabbana tees - they're so fabulous and probably the chicest thing they've designed in a decade!

Stefano is an idiot. He also comes off as really stupid which is weird if you run a multi million dollar company.

I honestly think Stefano is hilarious on Instagram. Seriously a crack up.

And in regards to the Miley Cyrus incident - he's the owner of the business...it's his perogitive. He has every right to do as he pleases and work with whomever he wants to for whatever reason he sees fit. If the Cyrus's disagree with his point of view or politics, then why work with him in the first place? So hypocritical. So tired of the perpetually victimized activist narrative everyone loves playing out these days. Apparently - so is Stefano.

I'm so tempted to buy one of the #Boycott Dolce & Gabbana tees - they're so fabulous and probably the chicest thing they've designed in a decade!

No one is denying that he has the right to reject people he disagrees with, but he could not have been more immature or childish about it. He has his views, whatever, but come on, does he need to be such an ***?

He's honestly such an embarrassment for the industry and humanity in general. Pathetic, despicable and vile person in every way possible.

Seriously, for once i'm on Stefano's side.
Over the past few years, he has made stupid and delusional comments on everything (as if we care) but she doesn't have to say that she disagree with their politics. If you disagree, don't associate your brother or your family name to that.

He has said that he doesn't care about American politics and it's his brand. He can do whatever he wants.
While i'm totally against everything he stands for, i'm also against forcing someone to believe what we believe.

To me the problem isn't so much on the feud itself, but the way he behaves like a crazy 12 year old girl. The cringeworthy posts, fighting with people on comments, bragging about blocking 'haters', that whole boycott that reads like a public mental breakdown... He's simply pathetic. I mean this is something he's posting in all related comments (Malibu is Miley's new single fyi:(
Dedicated to all the bay fart: BUY "FART FROM MALIBU" the new dolce & gabbana fragrance avalaible in DGonline store ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Seriously what the **** is this?

Oh wow.. how petty. What Miley said wasn't even that bad.

he also posted a lot from Versace, Gucci etc that he believes copied D&G's designs

He is really a mess on social media.

Pay more time on the design plz rather than act like a petty little b*tch on Instagram, no one here even bothered to post your lasted men collection though, bc it's the same crap and the cast is just desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->