Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

I wonder if they even pay those people they have on their runway? I mean they could be that desperate for fame and walk for free which a great business move in short term, but I just don't understand who buys D&G?

And just now he threw tantrums on Tim Blanks' review of his show... and called it stupid LOL... seriously somebody needs to takeover his instagram account

^ At least they know nobody is here for this **** anymore. Except fans of Vine fads.

I wonder why people are still shocked about Stefano's (and sometimes Domenico) behaviour.
I mean, we are talking about people who have banned a lot of journalists from their shows, pulled advertising from magazines were they felt they weren't well represented, whose PR people drive a lot of people insane...Etc.

The funny thing is that they sometimes believe that they were original...Let's be honest, the aesthetic of Dolce & Gabbana is just a pure mix of Jean Paul Gaultier and Azzedine Alaia.

I used to love them and to buy their clothes but i think i'll stop from now. I don't mind him dressing Melania or others but i'm tired of having to read/hear about their antics.
They should stick to design clothes...

He's honestly such an embarrassment for the industry and humanity in general. Pathetic, despicable and vile person in every way possible.
Well, you don't know him personally, so I think it's best to spare the slanderous name calling.

This is what I think many people, myself, and I might assume Stefano, too, are sick of - that if you disagree with the establishment's socially acceptable political and social agenda or step outside of the boundaries of "polite" behavior, you are thereby a horrible human being. No room for different perspective and no room for different views.

My impression is that Stefano enjoys being ridiculous, over the top and peevish. And why is he not allowed to be? You don't have to like his behavior, but I get the impression he likes to troll to poke fun at the pearl-clutchers out there who have the insatiable need to be offended at all times and by everything.

I also think the brand Dolce & Gabbana at this point is not trying to be anything other than what it is in its current state. I, myself, can look back at old collections from the duo and love so much of their work. I can look back and see that they are nowhere near as fabulous, gorgeous, and fashionable as what they once put out there. But clearly they are not interested in creating collections in the same way, they are clearly not interested in casting models the same way, or putting out ad campaigns in the same way...fine! I've mourned the creative loss ages ago and accepted that this is how they choose to run their business, and franky, the brand feels like a reflection of this carefree - or careless, some might argue - attitude Stefano enjoys putting on his social media accounts. All that said, I imagine this point in particular is what Stefano is referring to re: Tim Blanks. Tim is shamelessly snobbish, and so judging Dolce & Gabbana's collections at this point by any previous standard is both futile and missing their whole point. They clearly are not interested in catering to any high fashion crowd.

Who cares?! He's not PC! Get over it!

^^ I really want to boycott this idiot, but damn ... with Alber and Donna both gone, I still need to be able to buy the very occasional statement piece. And the dumbest designer on earth regularly produces good examples of the very few prints I like to wear ... :ermm:
Save

My god I just read more of Stefano's comments. He's like the Donald Trump of fashion when it comes to social media and ranting on about stuff.

That says it all. I just don't see his behavior as defensible at all.

I wonder if they even pay those people they have on their runway? I mean they could be that desperate for fame and walk for free which a great business move in short term, but I just don't understand who buys D&G?
i have a sneaking suspicion you're right, and a lot of these instagram 'models' and celeb offspring do these shows pro bono because they think walking for D&G validates them and means they're real models and not just average looking people who don't want to get a normal job.

In regards to Stefano, all i can say is it shows how in the digital age there's no real mystery or fantasy behind the big designers, they're just as petulant and politically incorrect as mere mortals.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me the problem isn't so much on the feud itself, but the way he behaves like a crazy 12 year old girl. The cringeworthy posts, fighting with people on comments, bragging about blocking 'haters', that whole boycott that reads like a public mental breakdown... He's simply pathetic. I mean this is something he's posting in all related comments

Karma for all your comments posted re this discussion!! Extremely well put. :flower:

I wonder why people are still shocked about Stefano's (and sometimes Domenico) behaviour.
I mean, we are talking about people who have banned a lot of journalists from their shows, pulled advertising from magazines were they felt they weren't well represented, whose PR people drive a lot of people insane...Etc.

The funny thing is that they sometimes believe that they were original...Let's be honest, the aesthetic of Dolce & Gabbana is just a pure mix of Jean Paul Gaultier and Azzedine Alaia.

I used to love them and to buy their clothes but i think i'll stop from now. I don't mind him dressing Melania or others but i'm tired of having to read/hear about their antics.
They should stick to design clothes...

I think the shock (in my case at least) is more a reflection of how much he's valued, Lola. People still care about him, about his brand, his legacy. There's still hope that they'll turn that house around. That's why we're so vocal. If it was Philip Plein or some blip designer going on like a lunatic, very few would actually bother.

I'm sorry to say, this petty and obnoxious type of behaviour should never be normalised. And if my opinion is construed as 'pearl-clutchingly PC', then so be it.

Wow, Stefano Gabbana must be the most stupid and ignorant person in the fashion business. I'm so glad Miley spoke out against their policies, nothing more frustrating to see "woke" celebrities wearing D&G on the runway. I remember when Zoe Saldana wore one of their dressed at the GLAAD awards, right after the whole controversy around same-sex parents. How ignorant can you be!?

It seems never was a thread about this subject on tfs, see now buy now. So I choose to post it here. I've seen several brands cancelled their plans for this instant reachability, has any insider called out it's a fail experiment?

How rich!!

Stefano Gabbana Is Trying to Start Another Feud on Instagram, This Time With Dior
by Katherine Cusumano
July 5, 2017 1:30 pm

On Monday, Maria Grazia Chiuri presented her second couture collection for Christian Dior. This year, the house celebrates its 70th anniversary, and to mark the occasion, a retrospective, “Christian Dior: Couturier du rêve,” is up at Paris’s Musée des Arts Décoratifs—a museum that also hosted a retrospective on the brand’s 40th anniversary, in 1987. At Chiuri’s couture presentation, a who’s-who of the brand’s ambassadors and biggest fans, including Bella Hadid, Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman, Cara Delevingne, and Karlie Kloss, all paid their respects.
But not everyone was celebrating, it seems: Afterwards, when Anna Dello Russo, editor-at-large of Vogue Japan, posted an Instagram of the show's finale, Stefano Gabbana of Dolce & Gabbana swooped in and commented, “ha sbagliato tutto come al solito”—which roughly translates to, “she’s gotten it all wrong as usual,” and presumably refers to Dior designer Chiuri.

Other Instagrammers have hopped into Dello Russo’s comments to respond to Gabbana. “Stefano is getting brave since he's been showing us the same boring collection for years now,” the user @altuzara—not to be confused with @altuzarra—wrote.
Instagram, it seems, is Gabbana’s preferred method of stirring up drama. He frequently pounces on perceived copycats, Miley Cyrus, and pretty much anyone who has criticized his open support of and fondness for dressing Melania Trump—or any of Dolce & Gabbana’s designs, in any context. (Gabbana’s penchant for firing off haphazard shots on Instagram does, in some ways, resemble Melania’s husband’s own use of Twitter.) Occasionally, he even pops up to apologize—for body-shaming Lady Gaga, for blatantly plagiarizing Vivienne Westwood. But unlike his previous targets, it’s not entirely clear what Gabbana’s beef is with the current creative director of Dior—as New York magazine’s The Cut noted, this could be Gabbana’s first criticism of a fellow designer’s collection that doesn’t allege it’s a Dolce & Gabbana ripoff. He’s just not a fan.
Meanwhile, Dolce & Gabbana’s own couture show, Alta Moda Palermo, takes place Thursday.

Source: https://www.wmagazine.com/story/stefano-gabbana-maria-grazia-chiuri-dior-feud

I think we can just let go of all expectation that his Instagram posts will be rational ...

Stefano is the last person in the world that should be criticizing anyone. He should take a look in the mirror at his own work before judging anyone else. Dolce&Gabanna has only stayed relevant because of the large amount of Advertising space they buy. Without that they would be nothing.

Woopsiiieeee... :ninja:

IMG_0234_zpsqnikw4ou.png

IMG_0235_zps0bxwkesc.png

Instgram

Jason is the agent/owner of Soul Artist Management...

Last edited by a moderator:
bye that is so funny :lol: Guess all the male models of Soul Artist won't be walking Balmain next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->