Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

.....I mean people talking about Jacquemus teeth in the thread of his collection has nothing relevant to do with what he is known for....

And i'm sure reading those comments about your teeth is as unpleasant as hearing people talking about you in a room.

I'm cherry-picking this bit, Lola, because I think you may be quoting it out of context just to prove your point. Someone reading this, not knowing in which context it was said, will naturally consider it out of place. Yet the pretext of it was actually all the 'he's so hot' comments, which you don't seem to have any problem with. That is a double standard. You cannot be fine with compliments about his looks, which should be completely irrelevant to his creative output, yet find the negative musings on his looks 'weird.'

See! Sorry to say this, but I prefer newspapers to handle exposes such as these. The blogger, though meaning well, didn't appear to have that journalistic instinct to question and investigate a claim once it's made.

110% agree. The exposé on Weinstein for example took months of investigation by the newspapers involved. Even the investigations on Weber and Testino were properly investigated. This list has no credibility and in my opinion is quite dangerous. I hate to use the term...but random blogs like this are what give rise to the term 'fake news'. People will see this list and jump to conclusions even though it has presented no evidence whatsoever. Gees, I could properly send in a completely fake tip off about Anna Wintour and it would make the list...illustrating its lack of credibility.

Leave this stuff to people who know what they're doing and actually have credibility so that we know the full stories. Actions like assault should NEVER be so flimsy.

I'm cherry-picking this bit, Lola, because I think you may be quoting it out of context just to prove your point. Someone reading this, not knowing in which context it was said, will naturally consider it out of place. Yet the pretext of it was actually all the 'he's so hot' comments, which you don't seem to have any problem with. That is a double standard. You cannot be fine with compliments about his looks, which should be completely irrelevant to his creative output, yet find the negative musings on his looks 'weird.'

Maybe what I should have said is that being a public persona, having people criticizing your look is part of the game, even more when you’re working in the industry of beauty and being representative of a standard of beauty. Yes those models for the most part remain unknown but they are exposed to the world and are the faces of fashion.
Yes the Jacquemus example was kinda «*easy*» and not that well though.

The thing about these accusations is that it's only about naming people. With naming people, they also have to mention which kind of behaviour they are pointing out.

If Jeremy Scott and Tom Ford are mentionned, it's a big deal but their behavior needs to be adressed. Was just an uncomfortable situation? A comment? Or acts à la Bruce Weber and Testino.

I don't like this kind of list because everything and everybody are mixed in the whole thing without really knowing what's the deal.

You’re right. When I first saw the list I thought it was fantastic that abusers were finally being held accountable for their actions, but like what I said regarding @fashionassistants, if they’re naming names they risk getting sued and also risk ruining innocent people’s reputations and possibly careers/lives.

I agree with what other people are saying - if they’re going to publish a list like that, they also need to publish full accounts of what happened along with the names, and make sure those accounts are verified for truth.

The problem with this kind of thing is that once one false accusation is submitted, it makes all the other ones less believable whether true or not so they NEED to do their background research or else they could be harming the very victims they’re trying to help.

There's a huge difference between talking about a human being's looks in front of him or her, and posting something critical on the Internet somewhere. One is dehumanizing, the other is perhaps b!tchy. There's a difference.

These guys, especially Mario Testino, are disgusting pigs!

Many Accusations, Few Apologies
By: Jacob Bernstein, Vanessa Friedman, & Matthew Schneier

In media, in politics and in Hollywood, the usual script followed by people accused of sexual harassment or assault in the last five months has been to hire a crisis manager, to apologize for the offensive behavior (usually while denying ill intent) and maybe enter rehab.

In fashion, a world where sex is part of the landscape and the definition of acceptable behavior has long been blurry, there are still few apologies.

More often, there is an aggressive response to accusations, leaving colleagues and business partners in a state of doubt — or denial.

Last week, Paul Marciano, a founder of Guess, said he was temporarily relinquishing his day-to-day responsibilities at his company after Kate Upton accused him of groping, harassment, intimidation and firing her from jobs. He called her accusations “preposterous.”

Patrick Demarchelier, who is one of the most famous photographers working; Karl Templer, a top stylist; and Greg Kadel, a photographer known for his work with Victoria’s Secret, were all named in a recent Boston Globe report about sexual harassment in the fashion business.
Continue reading the main story

After three models said Mr. Templer had touched them inappropriately, he issued an open letter that said he was sorry “if” he had “ever inadvertently treated a model disrespectfully or without due care.” Mr. Kadel, accused of assault, had a representative say that he had “never sexually coerced or assaulted anyone in his life.” But Mr. Demarchelier, accused of aggressive and unwanted advances? “People lie and they tell stories,” he told The Globe, saying his accusers were people who get “frustrated if they don’t work.”

When The New York Times published accusations from more than a dozen male models and photography assistants that the photographer Mario Testino had sexually harassed or assaulted them in the course of work, he was also not apologetic. Through his attorneys, Mr. Testino said that some of his accusers were mentally ill or were disgruntled employees.

Giovanni Testino, Mario’s brother, is a founder of Art Partner, an influential agency that represents photographers, creative directors and stylists, including the photographer Terry Richardson.

In January, Giovanni sent a letter to his clients, obtained by The Times, criticizing reporting on sexual harassment.

It read, in part: “I’m sure you all have read the allegations against my brother Mario in the papers this weekend. I am shocked by the news and am deeply saddened and disturbed by this phenomenon where media has take upon itself to be both judge and jury; where one is guilty until proven innocent based only on accusations.”

This week, Maria Grazia Chiuri, the creative director of Dior, provided a statement regarding the allegations about Mr. Templer, who had styled the house’s shows since she joined the brand, and with whom she had worked in her previous role at Valentino. “I really hope that the truth will come out very soon,” Ms. Chiuri wrote. “I think in this difficult period it is wise to give Karl Templer the time to officially clarify the situation so that we can continue our collaboration in the very near future.”

The fashion companies who moved quickly to distance themselves from Mr. Testino — and from the photographer Bruce Weber, who was also accused in the Times article by models of sexualized abuse of his authority — also had caveats.

Condé Nast declared it would not work with Mr. Testino and Mr. Weber “for the foreseeable future,” an addendum that New York magazine recently characterized as “not exactly Time’s Up — more like Let’s Give It Time.”

At a Bottega Veneta show in New York City last month, Stephen Gan, the editor of V, asked a reporter if the whole thing with Mr. Weber would “blow over” — though he later said he had no additional shoots scheduled with Mr. Testino.

All of this makes it seem possible that many of the men accused of misconduct will be welcomed back into the industry in the future. Given the range of allegations, this could lead to even greater confusion about what is acceptable professional behavior, instead of real change.

Out of concern that fashion may revert to the status quo, since the publication of the Times article nearly two months ago, more male models and assistants have come forward to say they were harassed, often in situations linked to promises of work, by Mr. Testino between 1995 and 2015. Some said they wanted to speak out now because of what they saw as attempts to undermine the previous accusers.

Each of these men described making it clear to Mr. Testino that they were not going to have sex with him. For some, when they did, Mr. Testino’s professional interest in them ended abruptly.

“I continue to deny any wrongdoing,” Mr. Testino said in a statement provided by his lawyers this week, when presented with these new accusations from five men, bringing the total number of accusers to 18. “However, in the current environment, accusations like the ones leveled against me have proved to be just as damning and devastating as actual proof of wrongdoing, which they are not. It has become nearly impossible — and certainly unpopular — for anyone to try and defend himself against these types of allegations. It is important to hear both sides of every story, with no preconceived ideas, before jumping to judgment.”

Oliver Bjerrehuus, a Danish model who has appeared in advertising campaigns for Prada, Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, Nautica and Dolce & Gabbana, met Mr. Testino in the mid-’90s. Mr. Bjerrehuus assented to being photographed naked.

Then, he said, Mr. Testino reached to grope his genitals “and I grabbed his throat,” he said. “An assistant rushed in, and I said to Mario, ‘Get that camera and shoot the picture. You at least owe me that.’ I told him that because I knew that if you did a shoot with Mario Testino or Bruce Weber people would mention it and it would do something good for your career.” But the pictures were never published and, he never worked for Mr. Testino again.

In 2010 Cory Bond, a model who has appeared in campaigns for Dolce & Gabbana and Guess, met Mr. Testino. In a recent Instagram post, Mr. Bond described an incident that began when Mr. Testino “came for drinks with me, my wife and his friend,” and “talked of these amazing shoots that we could shoot together.”

When the two wound up alone together, Mr. Bond wrote, “He got very close to me and just shoved his hand down my pants and I retreated backward. He told me, ‘Everyone does this. I have couples that I love to shoot that do everything (whatever that meant). I said, ‘Well, I’m not everyone.’ He then immediately left. He never contacted me again.”

That was around the time Shaun Hartas, then a 27-year-old aspiring photographer, began assisting Mr. Testino.

There was nothing quite like getting to work for Mr. Testino, who that very year photographed 10 of the 12 covers of Vogue.

Mr. Testino was smart and charismatic, “the life of every party,” Mr. Hartas said. But it came with a downside.

“I worked for him for 15 months, and for 15 months I was harassed. It never stopped,” Mr. Hartas said. Most mornings Mr. Testino was in New York, Mr. Hartas said that he would pick up Mr. Testino at his apartment building on Bond Street and drive him to set in a Range Rover.

“Every day he would sit in the front and try to grab my” genitals, Mr. Hartas said. “He would ask, ‘Are you straight or are you gay?’ I’d say, ‘Straight,’ and he’d say, ‘No, you have to be nothing. If you’re nothing, you can be everything. The second you label yourself, you limit yourself.’ He would say, ‘Maybe you can come to London and Paris?’”

Mr. Hartas recalled, “It was like there was this lifestyle he’d welcome you into if you gave him what he wants.”

One morning that spring, Mr. Hartas and Mr. Testino were on their way to photograph Sarah Jessica Parker for the August cover of Vogue. According to Mr. Hartas, Mr. Testino was being particularly aggressive. Mr. Hartas asked him to stop fondling him.

He said he was told by Mr. Testino to wait in the car while Mr. Testino did his shoot, and was never booked to work with Mr. Testino again. Two longtime fashion industry professionals corroborated that Mr. Hartas began telling them he was being harassed months before he stopped working for Mr. Testino.

In 2013, the photographer Edward Mulvihill started freelancing for Mr. Testino. “I’d been warned,” he said. “I’d heard the stories going into this. The rumors were all true.”

One of Mr. Mulvihill’s first tasks was traveling with Mr. Testino to Los Angeles, where they were shooting the fall 2013 campaign for Michael Kors and a new cover of Brazilian Vogue featuring Pamela Anderson. “It was kind of a joke among the crew that being the new guy traveling to Los Angeles, you had to stay in Mario’s house the first night, and that you’d better watch out,” Mr. Mulvihill said.

After dinner, Mr. Mulvihill returned to Mr. Testino’s home in the Hollywood Hills. Mr. Mulvihill said he was provided with his own room and his own bed, but “it was Mario trying to get me drunk, Mario trying to kiss me, and Mario trying to jump on me,” he said. “Later, we were riding in an elevator somewhere and he just shoved his hands down my pants and tried to finger me.” Mr. Mulvihill said he was offered full-time work, which he declined. (Like Mr. Hartas, Mr. Mulvihill referred The Times to people who said they were told of this back then, years before allegations against Mr. Testino became public.)

Both Mr. Mulvihill and Mr. Hartas said that they were coming forward about Mr. Testino’s behavior out of solidarity with the initial group of accusers. “I don’t want to see those brave men get discredited,” Mr. Hartas said.

In 2015, Mr. Testino was back in Los Angeles, and was introduced by an agent to a model named Kenny Sale at a bar.

Much like Mr. Hartas, Mr. Sale said he was also asked repeatedly that evening if was straight or gay. “He kept saying, ‘So, are you into guys?’ and I would say, ‘I have a girlfriend.’ He just brushed that off and said, ‘Maybe you should try something new. Maybe you’d like it.”

Later, Mr. Sale ended up in a bathroom with Mr. Testino. “He just pushes me up against the wall and sticks his tongue down my throat,” Mr. Sale said. “I’d never experienced anything like that. He pressed me up against the wall again, and that time his hand went down my pants, first in the front and then around the back. He used his hand to give me a ‘prostate exam.’”

Mr. Sale said he was asked to drive Mr. Testino home and didn’t know quite how to get out of it. “As I was driving, he unbuttoned my pants and grabbed my penis,” he said. “I guess I could have pulled over, but I had a white-hot feeling going down my spine and I was so embarrassed I didn’t know what to do.”

He still questions himself and said he was also coming forward now out of solidarity with the men who came before him, though he hadn’t met any of them. “I don’t want it to happen again,” he said.
NYTimes.com

Well I have to say, i found the speed in which CN and others dissociated themselves from Testino quite suspicious. He was arguably the most popular fashion photographer out there, and certainly the best connected, and still he was dropped like a stone, even though the initial allegations gave scope for the type of dissembling fashion people are professional at.
Now it makes sense, clearly you cannot behave like this and not be general knowledge, his enablers were just quick to recognised his time was finally up and the ship was sinking.

sh*tmodelmgmt:

blacklist going down tonight at midnight - im getting too many death threats and threats to find my family and make me sorry i did this.

im still not sorry for protecting models from future negative experiences.

thank you so much to the thousands of people that supported me through this scary but important movement.

cont.

someone had to do this. i know its crazy that a meme account ended up being the person to do it, but it was just time. what would you do if you had thousands of horrific stories? would you just go to bed at night knowing you had a way to help? im not that kind of person. im not the kind of person to stay silent. and maybe im too bold. but i couldnt wait around for change. because it wasnt coming. not until someone spoke out, no matter how scary it is. i couldnt wait for the police to do it. tell the models to get a lawyer and solve it on their own. do you realize it took decades for the police to give a sh*t and finally investigate terry richardson? when he had SO MANY victims, and his disgusting ways were already public? no one saw what i saw. no one read what i read. these experiences were heartbreaking. these models were coming to me terrified that their named person would find out it was them who reported. i have a relationship with my followers. ive always answered their dms and i consider you guys friends. i feel a connection with every one of you and i had to do something to help.

cont.
creeps in the fashion industry: be afraid. watch yourself. because the truth will always come out. people arent afraid of you anymore. time is f*cking up. and its time for this b*llsh*t to end. models: be brave. be bold. f*ck the consequences. name your abuser. tell your stories. its over for these pieces of sh*t that abuse their power.

Shitmodelmgmt started something amazing. I'm really proud of whoever is behind that account. I'll always stand by them.

Shitmodelmgmt started something amazing. I'm really proud of whoever is behind that account. I'll always stand by them.

The way the persons responsible for the website went about it is simply not right. I can understand some people felt the need for radical action because things are really not changing at the pace they should but just taking names out of a hat without any sort of proper investigation to corroborate those stories, it's simply not justifiable and I dare say even criminal. Another thing i find extremely troubling is the fact that all of this allegations and not just on this website are being thrown in the same bag, someone that is known for asking inappropriate sexual favours is not the same as someone that actually put their hands on you. If the level of public opprobrium is the same, what will stop abusers going a step further? This is not intended to minimise anyone's suffering, but History has shown that sweeping everything under the same umbrella is counter productive.

Maybe the way they went about it wasn't right. I actually think someone asking inappropriate sexual favors and someone actually putting hands on someone are under the same umbrella. It's all abuse. Yes, one is worse than the other. But neither should ever happen. And think that is what it's really about.

Maybe the way they went about it wasn't right. I actually think someone asking inappropriate sexual favors and someone actually putting hands on someone are under the same umbrella. It's all abuse. Yes, one is worse than the other. But neither should ever happen. And think that is what it's really about.

They are different levels of the same crime. And they are punished by law in a different way. So they are different. Putting them all under the same umbrella without distinctions like the website did is putting them all that the same level, when they are certainly not. Lawmakers understood and rightly so that if you punish less serious offences the same way as the more serious ones, you are not discouraging the "lighter" crimes, you are simply making criminals not care if they go all the way since the punishment is the same.
This actually calls to my mind a documentary I've seen about pedophilia in the Catholic Church, when trying to understand one of the reasons so may priests became child abusers, one of those priest explained that since breaking your chastity vote and sex, as a blank concept was one of the biggest sins. Sex with children for the Church was at exactly the same level as sex with a woman. There is was no "lesser" sin, sex was sin . Simply as. Both were forbidden in exact the same way and you would be damned because of it. The fact he couldn't understand how perverse that sounds for most of us, is horrifying,

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess all I'm saying is that neither of these things should ever happen. And no one should ever have to worry about if it will happen. Whoever is behind the account definitely could've gone about this in a different way, and specified what each individual did.

Fashion’s ‘Blacklist’ Has Been Taken Down
By Emilia Petrarca - MARCH 6, 2018

Just one week after the Instagram account @ShitModelMgmt published a “Blacklist” naming photographers, agents, and stylists who allegedly “acted sexually inappropriate” toward models and others in the fashion industry, the account’s moderator decided to take the list down on Monday at midnight.

“I need to stay safe and go under the radar for a little bit,” the Blacklist’s publisher told the Cut Monday evening. “It’s been a lot.”

Per emails and DMs reviewed by the Cut, she was sent messages not only threatening legal action but also making threats against her safety and the safety of her family. @ShitModelMgmt and the Blacklist are both run anonymously, but the publisher feared her identity would be revealed, with some saying they were working to track her down.

“It’s just sad because this is what happens when people speak up about abuse,” the publisher said of the backlash she received. “I feel like things will never change because every time people try to speak up, they get threatened. Now, I’ve experienced it firsthand how angry people can be. Clearly, they’re scared, too.”

Those with their names on the Blacklist felt similarly attacked. Lanny Zenga, a longtime professional model scout who said in an email that his “conscience is clear,” claims that he found himself on the list with someone who had once abused him. Seeing his name on the same page as those of “actual known monsters,” he told the Cut, lead to “one of the darkest, lowest points of [his] life.”

In addition to personal fears, the responsibility of managing the Blacklist also became too much for its publisher. “I feel like the police at this point, and that’s not my job,” she said. In some ways, she wishes she had just “posted [the list] and just disappeared.”

Instead, the Blacklist’s publisher felt she had to keep adding names to the list, which continued to pour in until the final hours, and also respond to the concerns of those being accused. She said she took down “five to ten” names for various reasons.

According to Zenga, the Blacklist’s moderator did not respond to his inquiries via email or direct message. His lawyer also sent a cease and desist with no response. (The Fashion Law has written more about the legality of the Blacklist here.)

Despite the Blacklist publisher’s alleged efforts to be thorough, respond to everyone, and gather as much “proof” as possible, she is not, as she said, the police. Similarly to Moira Donegan, who created the “sh*tty Media Men” Google spreadsheet in October, the publisher intended, perhaps naively, for the Blacklist to be used only within the modeling community as a way to keep themselves safe. Needless to say, with the help of @ShitModelMgmt’s over 140,000 followers, the Blacklist grew into something much bigger than any one person could or should have to moderate — further proving that there are more stories of sexual harassment out there than we know what to do with.

“I 100-percent agree that predators should be called out and held accountable for their actions,” said Zenga of the Blacklist’s intentions. “I also believe that victims of said predators should have a safe place in which to report. However, I think it is important that this type of reporting is handled in a responsible and critical setting — not a witch hunt–style arena of free-flowing information from anywhere and anyone with an Instagram handle. This is both dangerous and takes away from the actual problems trying to be solved.”

“I’m very sorry if anyone is on the list and they shouldn’t be,” the Blacklist’s publisher said in response. “I did the best I could to make sure it was factual and that every name was accurate. I’m trying to listen to both sides, but I have to stand on the side of the victims. I can’t flip-flop. If [some of those on the list] are innocent, that’s my mistake. It’s my mistake for believing people and thinking that they have good intentions.”

In the end, the Blacklist’s moderator says she has “no regrets.” If her intention was to raise awareness, she’s done it. We know these stories are out there — and that there are a lot of them. The question now is, what do we do with them? What’s the best way to collect and investigate the claims of the abused within the fashion industry?

Clearly, the traditional reporting process is flawed if so many are turning to Instagram direct messages. The Model Alliance has already proposed a “neutral, nonprofit arbitrating entity that will guarantee accountability” to help solve this issue, but they’ll need the industry to get behind it.

“It’s time for change,” the Blacklist’s author said matter-of-factly. That, we can all agree on.
https://www.thecut.com/2018/03/fashion-industry-blacklist-has-been-taken-down.html

Interesting article about the legality of the Blacklist

UPDATED: Is the Fashion Industry's Newly-Published Blacklist Legal?
March 6, 2018

The anonymous individual behind "**** Model Management" is moving beyond memes that poke fun at the long hours, little pay, and near-constant critique endured by the faces of the fashion industry. The account’s operator has created a “blacklist” – one that has been likened to fashion’s version of the “sh*tty Media Men” list – that contains nearly 300 names, ranging from well-known photographers, like Mario Testino, Olivier Zahm, and Bruce Weber to big-name designers like Tom Ford and Jeremy Scott. All of the individuals on the list have allegedly “acted [in a] sexually inappropriate” manner towards models and others in the fashion industry.

According to the site’s creator, "I asked my followers to message me the names of any photographers that acted sexually inappropriate towards them. My DMs immediately blew up. I was receiving thousands of messages from different models." Unlike the “sh*tty Media Men” list, which was meant to be shared amongst women in the industry and not published in a public capacity, the **** Model Management founder compiled the submitted names into a list and published it on the newly-created site.

Certainly anticipating legal backlash (likely as a result of the publication of what appears to be unverified information), the creator – who told The Cut’s Emilia Petrarca that she is trying to keep the list as accurate as possible by amending it if "a photographer DMs me saying he didn’t do anything wrong, begging me to take him off the list" – includes an interesting note in connection with the list. It reads: “The names on this list were sent to me, and I am simply publishing what was sent to me. Section 230 in the U.S. Code says that ‘No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.’”

The post quotes language from the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which referred to Section 230 of the U.S. Code – the Communication Decency Act of 1996 – as “protecting bloggers when they publish information sent by a third-party.”

**** Model Management’s founder goes on to try to make her case, “I am reporting and reposting content that was sent to me, and I am not editing or changing the content.” In short, her rationale is that because she is merely posting content that is being sent to her, she is immune from legal action, namely, defamation – or more specifically, libel, since the potentially inaccurate and reputation-harming statements at issue are written.

Is it really that simple, though? Almost certainly not, as Petrarca noted yesterday. This is at least in part because the site’s founder may be able to be construed by any of the individuals on the list as more than merely a service provider, and more accurately, an author, i.e., the author of the fashion blacklist, and thus, liable for any defamatory content.

Typically, we see the Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act cited when lawsuits are filed against website operators over content that is included in the comments section of their websites. For instance, several years ago, Sarah Jones, a former Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader sued Arizona-based gossip website, The Dirty, alleging that anonymous comments erroneously posted on the site stated that she had slept with numerous players and as a result, contracted sexually transmitted diseases.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit sided with Nik Richie, the founder of the website, holding that Richie did not develop or create the content and thus, was immune from liability. But that case centered on statements that were posted in the comments section of Richie’s website by third parties. That is different, one could argue, from the instance at hand.

One noteworthy takeaway from the the Jones v. The Dirty case – especially given some of the factual differences between that case and the **** Model Management blacklist – comes from a a joint brief filed (in favor of Richie) by the Kentucky branch of the American Civil Liberties Union, along with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Center for Democracy and Technology, Digital Media Law Project and Public Participation Project.

In their amicus brief, the groups stated, “Federal courts have consistently held that website operators may be held responsible for developing unlawful material only if the facts demonstrate that the operator unambiguously solicited or induced content that is itself unlawful.” While the groups argued that “no such facts have been found in [the Jones v. The Dirty] case," there seems to be some evidence of **** Model Management soliciting content, namely, the operator's call for her followers to send her the names of any photographers that "acted sexually inappropriately."

Moreover, there very well might be a reasonable argument that by issuing this call for user submissions and then publishing that information as part of a larger narrative (i.e., a blacklist of “people in the fashion industry that [the site’s creator] suggests [that] models avoid”), the site’s operator is acting more as an author or dissemintaor of content than merely “a provider of interactive computer services," something that would made her ineligible for s. 230 protections.

The question remains: Is the content at hand unlawful? Assuming that the information is inaccurate, and thus, libelous – which a number of representatives for individuals on the list have argued to TFL, arguably making this a matter most appropriate for a fact finder (i.e., jury), as opposed to the decisions of the media or individuals in a non-jury capacity – the wrongfully accused just might be able to make a case, even if the founder's intentions are noble and aimed at making the fashion industry a safer place for models (which they appear to be).

UPDATED (March 6, 2018:( Just a week after its publication, the list is no more. After receiving threats of litigation, as well as "threats against her safety and the safety of her family," the blacklist's author opted to unpublished the list. The existence of the list, itself, while inherently problematic from a legal perspective, paired with the threats that its author says she received as a result of posting it, sheds light on the at-times very ugly underside of the fashion industry (and its not infrequent attempts to keep bad behavior under wraps) and the backlash that those attempting to stand up against its alleged abuses face.

This list, itself, sheds light on the many unaddressed allegations of sexual harassment. The Cut's Emilia Petrarca notes that New York-based organization The Model Alliance has a better idea of how to deal with such claims, which continue to run rampant in the fashion industry, proposing a “neutral, nonprofit arbitrating entity that will guarantee accountability” to help solve this issue.

http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/is-the-****-model-management-fashion-industry-blacklist-legal

“I’m very sorry if anyone is on the list and they shouldn’t be,” the Blacklist’s publisher said in response. ]

I just can’t with that response.
It’s just too easy to wash-up things like that...

This just prove to me that that list didn’t add anything to the conversation and neither helped the alleged victims and those who are fighting against sexual harassment/abuse.

Of course not. It's akin to the racial divide in fashion. You'll get a few movers and shakers here and there, the industry responds for a bit, then you're back to square one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barba
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->