Designer Makeup Yay Or Nay

ALaFramboise

Reaction score
I would jsut liek to know what everyone here thinks about designer makeup trends, aka, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Prada (heh), As well as just "department" store makeup versus drugstore.

Personally, i'm starting to use Chanel Double Perfection Compact Foundation, And i find it to be the best makeup i have used....ever....*period*
It beats my shinys!

But i'm sure everyone has their opinion! Share it! :innocent:

I personally love designer make-up. I love YSl and Dior especially. Everything about it is just the way I want. From the look of it to the quality...:heart: Especially the big choice...colours and ideas...that they offer.

Always loved it and always will...

I cannot live without YSL's Eyebrow Enhancer Duo. It's the best thing my poor sparse brows have ever tried.

ysl.com

Attachments

• ysl beauty.JPG
    ysl beauty.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel and Dior both do some very good things ... no experience with the others mentioned.

Dior, Chanel, YSL, G. Armani, Anna Sui, are all overall higher quality than an average makeup line, according to my experience.

prada?!?! I just wish they came out witha foundation it seems that they only have the concealor....

The average prada client is just so sexy they don't need foundation. HEH! ;-)

Also, as a man, if i used anything to enhance my eyebrows (via YSL) i'd look like wolf boy!

One thing about these prada beauty gellyt hings...........How long do they last?!?!?! i mean....i'm not one to buy designer so it can last 4 days >.<
(one other thing i love about chanel.....they're liquid foundations are huge for the amount you pay, as well as the quality for your skin....i was just recently turned on to there pressed powder foundation and it's so amazing i don't know what to do with myself.)

ALaFramboise said:
One thing about these prada beauty gellyt hings...........How long do they last?!?!?! i mean....i'm not one to buy designer so it can last 4 days >.<
(one other thing i love about chanel.....they're liquid foundations are huge for the amount you pay, as well as the quality for your skin....i was just recently turned on to there pressed powder foundation and it's so amazing i don't know what to do with myself.)

The powder and under eye concealer last (me) a long time because a little goes a long way. I'm not using the foundation, but I can ask my mom if you like ^_^ And the lip tints look small but you get so many they last forever.

Some of the skin care still comes packaged for individual use, but if I remember correctly my SA told me they were phasing that out.

IMO, if prada was to branch out into the same things that all other names have, ex. Nars, Dior, Chanel, etc. They would become quite the hit around the globe......Prada is already a very well established company, imagine if they branched out further into the full lines of makeup?

Oh man, really? I must try it.. lol thank god my mother bare's with me....i'm spending all my money on makeup! (lol foundation for every occasion........)

(By The way! It's not that i have bad skin...i just love foundation! The lighter the better, it helps keep away my oily's.)

ALaFramboise said:
Oh man, really? I must try it.. lol thank god my mother bare's with me....i'm spending all my money on makeup! (lol foundation for every occasion........)

(By The way! It's not that i have bad skin...i just love foundation! The lighter the better, it helps keep away my oily's.)

There is no shame in it! I have several foundations, powders, etc and switch it up all the time too ^_^

shadow said:
Armani makeup. Impeccable!

I second that, especially when it comes to powder foundation. The Silk Powder gives a very smooth finish, the only gripe is that it doesn't cover quite well :ninja: But perfect for people with good skin that just want to control oiliness or have an extra polished look

I've seen some people with foundation or cover up and you can really tell they have makeup on. I tried evening out my eyebrows one time, and you could also really tell I had makeup on. Does the designer makeup look more natural?

@gius: it totally depends on the texture itself, if it's for covering up blemishes, or just to add a sheer glow... but in general High End Brands do have more natural looking foundations. just take a look at the "worst foundation" thread and you'll see that almost only drugstore brands are mentioned :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->