Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

He can definitely bring Mugler to the 21st century, I can't wait to see what he does, Beyonce must be crazy about these news, she supports both Koma and Mugler like no other

DESIGN CHANGE: Daniele Cavalli, son of Roberto Cavalli and his wife Eva and creative director of men’s wear, has left the family company, WWD has learned. Roberto Cavalli himself has taken over his son’s role starting with the fall collection.

The news of the exit of Daniele Cavalli, who has been in charge of the Italian brand’s men’s wear line since 2011, comes on the heels of a major shake-up at an executive level. On Friday, the company unexpectedly said its chief executive officer Gianluca Brozzetti and chief operating officer Carlo Di Biagio were leaving their roles.

COOPER EXIT: According to sources, Martin Cooper is exiting Belstaff, where he has been chief creative officer since 2011.

Cooper had joined the English outerwear brand to creatively spearhead its transformation after it was acquired by Labelux Group with additional investments by Harry Slatkin and Tommy Hilfiger. The designer had previously worked at Burberry Group, rising to vice president and design director for outerwear during his 16-year tenure.

Cooper in mid-January in Milan presented the men’s collection, which was inspired by the 1965 International Six Day Trial race on the Isle of Man with strappy shearling leather coats, a claret parka lined with black shearling, and voluminous waxed motorcycle capes.
wwd.com

Dior Beauty;

Out; Tyen
In; Peter Phillips

Peter has left Chanel and is now appointed as the brands Creative and Image Director. :clap:

so excited for that! would like to know how he'll shape the image for the brand

Me too, he didn't have much freedom the last few years at Chanel hope he can do what he wants at Dior.

Sonia Rykiel

Out: Geraldo da Conceicao
In: Julie de Libran

Unexpected news comes from the house of Sonia Rykiel today. The brand announced that Julie de Libran has been appointed as artistic director, replacing Geraldo da Conceicao, who spent only five seasons at the helm of the label. Like Da Conceicao, De Libran comes from Louis Vuitton, where she essentially served as Marc Jacobs’ right-hand woman during her five years as the house’s studio director of women’s ready-to-wear. She also headed up Vuitton’s Resort and Pre-Fall collections. De Libran, who did stints at Prada, Versace, Gianfranco Ferré, and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac before her Vuitton tenure, departed LV after Nicolas Ghesquière took the reins. Her first collection for Sonia Rykiel—a house best known for its Parisian irreverence and gorgeous but wearable knits—will debut in Paris during the Spring ’15 shows.

So why the sudden switch? For starters, De Libran has more experience—and industry clout—than Da Conceicao. She was more or less the face of Vuitton’s pre-collections and is familiar with speaking to the press, and designing in line with a particular style or vision. It’s worth noting that the house and First Heritage Brands, which acquired an 80 percent stake in Sonia Rykiel in February 2012, have expressed via a release that De Libran’s hire is part of a “relaunch strategy and accelerated international development.” One might argue that given her name recognition and design track record, De Libran is more qualified than her predecessor to “develop” the label. Furthermore, as Sonia Rykiel’s daughter Nathalie states, De Libran is “a woman, a Frenchwoman. An international woman and a talented one. A woman who enjoys dressing herself and designing for other women.” While one could, I suppose, make a case for reverse sexism here, the fact that De Libran is a femme française who adores fashion (just take a look at the street-style blogs or her Instagram account for proof) and manages to juggle a career and a family allows her to understand the Sonia Rykiel ethos better than a male designer might. Whatever the reason for her appointment, I look forward to seeing what the designer brings to Rykiel in September.
style

Oscar de la Renta is searching for new creative designer !

I don't know if it was posted, but I just read in L'officiel Lithuania, that Oscar de la Renta is searching for new creative designer. Before leaving de la Renta wants to get in touch with new creative director. It's written that Prabal Gurung or Olivier Theyskens are potential new designers for Oscar de la Renta fashion house.

I don't know if it was posted, but I just read in L'officiel Lithuania, that Oscar de la Renta is searching for new creative designer. Before leaving de la Renta wants to get in touch with new creative director. It's written that Prabal Gurung or Olivier Theyskens are potential new designers for Oscar de la Renta fashion house.

I'd like to see Olivier at Oscar, Prabal I feel isn't exactly ready yet.

Andrea Incontri Tapped for Tod’s Menswear

Tod’s continues to amp up its ready-to-wear presence. Back in September, the leather goods company brought on Alessandra Facchinetti to design its women’s collections, and today it announced that Andrea Incontri has been hired as the label’s new creative director of menswear.

“Becoming part of a company like Tod’s is both an honor and an exciting challenge,” says Incontri. “Quality and contemporary Italian style are Tod’s values that are already part of my personal vision of the modern man. My aim is to develop them, always keeping in mind the importance of the roots of a brand with such a rich history and craftsmanship.”

Incontri has been showing his namesake men’s and women’s labels since Spring 2013, but will no doubt benefit from the global exposure of Tod’s. Incontri’s first collection for the house will be shown in Milan this Sunday, June 22.
style.com

Ports 1961 Menswear

Out: Fiona Cibani
In: Milan Vukmirovic
Milan Vukmirovic is a creative director for menswear by Port 1961. Vukmirovic has worked for brands including Chevignon, Trussardi and Jil Sander and his first collection will bow for fall/winter 2015. For the first time, Fiona Cibani is passing the baton to a designer who will be fully in charge of Men’s collection creativity. Salem Cibani, Ports 1961 ceo, says: ”Fiona and I are thrilled to have Milan on board, as his menswear perspective perfectly matches the brand’s urban contemporary style”.
mffashion.com

Ter et Bantine Taps Kostas Murkudis as Creative Director

22 Sep 2014/Editorial Staff Pambianco

Ter et Bantine has tapped German designer Kostas Murkudis as its new creative director. He will also oversee the young line Hache.

The appointment comes after the Italian ready-to-wear brand’s founders, the Bolognese designer Manuela Arcari and former CEO David Agus stepped down in May.

Arcari and Agus still hold a 20% stake in GFM Industria, the Ravenna, Italy-based company that owns Ter Bantine and Hache, and which produces and distributes the English brand Daks and Daks Sport’s women’s line under license, and which will also develop Kostas Murkudis’ brand beginning with A/W 2015-16.

The remaining 80% of GFM Industria was bought in 2009 by the investment fund Opera Italia, which named Fabio Cavana its CEO in May.

Murkudis previously worked for Helmut Lang, New York Industry and the German denim brand Closed. He has also worked at Balenciaga and Pringle of Scotland.

In joining GFM Industria, the German designer will also revive his own ready-to-wear brand for men and women, which he founded in 1996. He re-took control of his label in 2003, having presented the collections from the brand in Paris until 2001.

http://en.pambianconews.com/ter-et-bantine-taps-kostas-murkudis-creative-director/

Ricci Confirms Peter Copping Exit
Nina Ricci said Peter Copping is stepping down as its creative director after a five-year stint.
The spring 2015 collection paraded here on Sept. 25 was his last.
This confirms a WWD report on Sept. 12 that the English designer was close to exiting the Paris-based fashion house to take on a lead design role at Oscar de la Renta.
De la Renta, 82, has yet to comment on his intentions. He has been looking for a design collaborator and possible successor for some time — most visibly in 2013, when he hired John Galliano for a three-week designer-in-residence role.
Ralph Toledano, president of Puig fashion division, parent of Ricci, thanked Copping for “his commitment to Nina Ricci and his contribution to the legacy of the house.
“His vision has been a major factor in the re-launch of the brand,” Toledano added.
Copping noted he was “very grateful to the Puig family for their kindness through the last five years.”
Ricci added that it would “shortly announce” its new creative director, believed to be Carven creative director Guillaume Henry, who is exiting that house after a five-year stretch of his own.
Henry is credited with catapulting Carven back onto the fashion radar, and giving it a youthful élan.
The Frenchman is to remain in his post until the end of November and Carven chief executive officer Henri Sebaoun is in talks with several potential successors, as reported.
In the decade before Copping, Ricci saw a number of designers come and go: Nathalie Gervais, Massimo Giussani, James Aguiar, Lars Nilsson and Olivier Theyskens.
wwd

Totally missed the Carven news :o I thought it's just a rumor.. This is quite sad, Guillaume is so perfect for Carven.

When it comes to the continuous cycle of hirings and firings at fashion houses, rumors often leak and spread before a brand formally announces a switch. Case in point: After word broke out this weekend that Carven designer Guillaume Henry was likely next in line to take over for Peter Copping at Nina Ricci, a Carven rep has now confirmed that he will, in fact, be leaving the French label after November.

Reps for Nina Ricci and for its parent company, Puig, did not respond immediately to request for comment. So that one is still up in the air.

So what's to become of Carven? As CEO Henri Sebaoun told WWD, it'll be business as usual, at least from a strategy standpoint. Store openings and expansion of the company's various segments will continue on as planned. Carven is currently in talks with a number of potential replacements for Henry, who was appointed creative director in 2009.

While we wait for official news on Henry's next move to drop, here's a look at his latest (and now last) Paris Fashion Week show for the brand. With its sporty, mod vibe, it's quite different from what we typically see at Nina Ricci, so it's fair to say the designer would provide a new take on the house's style as creative director.
fashionista.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Copping will do great at ODLR!! However I have a very bad feeling about Guillaume Henry at Nina Ricci... I think he's going to ruin it's heritage into another street brand! I pray he won't disappoint

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->