Designers That Should Stop What They Are Doing...

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by fasionlover22, Jun 9, 2003.

1. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

versace and the rich bitch attitude is beyond old. nothing invgorating from that house. but i understand that is their signature. i just think they are holding on to it to much pumping out collection after collection based on the same premise they are insperationless.[if thats a word :lol: ]

cavalli- read versace :rolleyes: :sick:

marc- needs a revamp he is getting stale :(

galliano/dior - :doh: as much as i like him he needs to get out of the orient :cry:

D&G- as lena said- way to madonna obsessed-lazy researchers perhaps? all too music oriented-----club mtv revisited :wacko: but i do like some of there stuff, it reminds me of barbie clothes, tho'

Tom Ford/gucci/ysl- :angry: :angry: :angry: sex doesnt sell anymore thanks to him .way too sex obsessed and demeans women to penis hungry greedy bitches :angry: someone needs to give tom a lesson in true femininity doesnt = sex

pheobe philo/chloe- i find her a bit boring. so, can someone tell me- was it really pheobe her carried stella? if so i would imagine more from her now that she is in charge. i dont know if im right but it seems that chloe isnt as hot now that stella has left? who is wearing chloe besides french actresses?

2. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I always see things at thrifts tores that look like versace and dolce it is very funny

3. LolitaLuxe

yeah good point-its the 90's. its the only decade in the thrift shops, all the 70's and 80's that used to be quite abundant are now in the vintage shops! :lol:

4. Lush

Lush New Member

imitation of christ :sick:

sonia rykiel

5. Serena

Serena New Member

Lush... so true about Sonia Rykiel & IOC

Anna Sui - may be i'm getting old, but lately her stuff seems odd to me:huh:

Versace - too flashy & redundant

Custo Barcelona - no difference season after season, or that's the point ?

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

so right on Custo Barcelona Serena, the most boring little label :rolleyes:

7. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

:angry:

V
    E
    R
    S
    A
    C
    E

:angry:

need i say more???????? (even V2 is better than the main line!!)

8. LolitaLuxe

:mrgreen: agreed :lol: a lot of people wear custo wear i live :sick:

off topic- most of the designers mentioned here are all mentioned in rap songs :lol: esp. ver$ace [ver$ach-ay .bling bling :rolleyes: ] and that is a sign -to me -right there that something with the label needs to change. :innocent:

9. Poison

Poison New Member

I must say that Pheobe Philo is doing really well, her designes are really good
    you should add to this list Stella M. for her little girly designs

And leave Versace-I love it! There is so much life in Donattella's ideas. They have really special style and this newest collection is for ppl who don't like it-very casual and smart B)

10. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I don't pay much attention to Chloe these days but I love Stella M. Her a/w '03 was a great collection. I loved the fabrics she used and the cuts and shapes of her collection. Donatella doesn't have any new ideas. She has had the same look for the past couple of years. Her dresses have the same shapes and has anyone else noticed that her models look sort of like her, with long straight blonde hair and thick eyeliner and all that.

11. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I lvoe IOC and sonia rykiel , they are uber cool

I agree with mehg donatell has no new ideas , it the same , boring and trashy, and im sorryy but versace will never be smart! ever!

12. Poison

Poison New Member

Hey Spacemiu, this s/s 04 collection was quite smart and really dissapointing to Versace's fans B)

13. Spider Girl

Spider Girl New Member

Versace F/W 03 was awful :angry:
    Narciso Rodriguez...soooo boring and old-fashioned.We are in 2003,Narciso! :cry:
    Calvin Klein F/W 03 is only for grannies:the dark colors and the long jackets are not helping the woman today :blush:
    Behnaz Sarafpour didn't have a great collection,either :unsure: and I can't forget Matthew Williamson :sick:

14. Poison

Poison New Member

but these designs look like "drag queen" costume

15. Nicky

Nicky New Member

*Gasp* Narciso BORING ?????? Nononono. Have you seen any of his dresses up close? They're pieces of art. It's like they're couture. The attention to details is unparalleled.
    Calvin Klein's last collection is not his best, but I wouldn't say it's for grannies unless it's some super stylish granny.
    I agree on M. Williamson, but I have to disagree on Behnaz, she's a relative newcomer and she's doing great IMHO.

Now, Betsy Johnson should definitely stop with the girly, silly, frilly stuff she keeps pumping out year after year.
    Miguel Adrover is :sick: He seems like he has no direction, no vision....Sad
    Dolce & Gabbana :rolleyes: enough with the "Madonna" and "Sex goddess" themes. Time for something new.
    Galliano :blink: STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

16. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

I agree, Nicky. :flower:

To say Narciso is old-fashioned is a little weird to me. Narciso is nothing short of modern and genius when it comes to cuts and fabrics.

To each their own though. B)

17. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I agree, Nicky. :flower:

To say Narciso is old-fashioned is a little weird to me. Narciso is nothing short of modern and genius when it comes to cuts and fabrics.

To each their own though. B)
    [/b][/quote]
    agree totaly

18. trean

trean New Member

Cavalli,Jeremy Scott :cry: ,Eley Kishimoto.

19. Nicky

Nicky New Member

:eek: Good one, Trean. I totally agree on Jeremy Scott, his 'designs' are just ....trash :ninja:

One more thing about Narciso Rodriguez and I'll shut up :blush: , I promise. THE SHOES :heart: OHGAWDTHESHOES!!!Now tell me if this shoe doesn't belong in the 21st century or my closet :cry:

[​IMG]

20. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:shock: ohhhh... don't say Jerrrrremy Scotttttt he gives me the goosebums, i think he should stop what he's doing all together :sick: :yuk: