Designers That Should Stop What They Are Doing...

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by fasionlover22, Jun 9, 2003.

1. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

OMG!!

did u say JEREMY SCOTT?? :shock:

his clothes are awful!!!
    and so is he!! :ninja:

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

3. humble balmy gore

humble balmy gore New Member

I have a friend that went to school with jeremy scott.She said he did'nt know what a weft was!!!
    I actually like some of his clothes.My friend has a pair of beautifully cut high waisted pants that look amazing on her.

4. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I think you can't diss the likes of Matthew Wiliamson, Jeremy Scott, and Behnaz Sarfpour because what they are doing is what they do well, just because you don't like they're work does'nt mean they have to change and if they do then the fashion world will be one hell of copycats.

You can diss the likes of Cavalli and Dolce and other fashion houses only if they aren't doing what they do best.

Stick that in your pipe and smke it! :lol:

Kidding, Peace! ;)
    Igni32!

5. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

This is everyone's opinion. :rolleyes: There is no right or wrong. :huh:

6. Nicky

Nicky New Member

This is completely off topic, but it seems to me if we follow your rules, we'll just keep quiet since we also can't discuss other people's relationships 'cause it's theirs and not ours (Demi & Ashton thread). Seriously, this is a forum and anything and anybody who's in the public eye, is up for discussion criticism or praise.

7. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

This is completely off topic, but it seems to me if we follow your rules, we'll just keep quiet since we also can't discuss other people's relationships 'cause it's theirs and not ours (Demi & Ashton thread). Seriously, this is a forum and anything and anybody who's in the public eye, is up for discussion criticism or praise.[/b][/quote]

I agree, Nicky. B)

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

9. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Hello! What ever happened to right of free speech! Just because I said something does'nt mean you have to follow it remember , as you said, 'its an opinion'! ;)

10. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I liek jeromy scott i think he is quite fun

11. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Jeremy Scott is a clown. :lol: I just can't take his collections seriously. He's one of those designers who get caught up in their own hype. The same for Imitation of Christ. :huh: What a pretenious name to begin with. :rolleyes: Cavalli is just uninteresting. :ermm:

12. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I agree, Nicky. B) [/b][/quote]
    For me (this is my opinion and yes you don't have to follow it), I think new designers such as Behnaz Sarafpour, Matthew Williamson, and Jeremy Scott cannot be dissed.Why? because we haven't seen their work evolve as a brand, yet, meaning they haven't been in the business for so long to have their work be told to change immediatly, yes you can say they're work sucks but you can't tell them to change.

Like I never liked Jeremy Scott but I don't want him to be another Prada or Tom Ford so I'll leave him the way he is as.
    As for Cavalli, Versace and Dolce (or any other designer who has been in the industry for a long time) yes you can tell them to change if they are doing something wrong because they could be betraying their customers or not staying true to their principles.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree with Astrid, I also never liked Imitation of Christ they were never true to their rebel cause which was being anti-fashion and I kinda like* Cavalli because he's really a rock designer whch I love but until he's fall collection I hated it it was so tacky! :angry:

*I only wear Cavalli when I get free stuff from him.

So stick all of these and shove it up your A**!

Kidding, as usual! :innocent:

Peace, Igni!

13. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

First off Ignitioned, people can "diss" whichever designer they choose to, new or not. We do not need your permission to do so. :huh: Yes, this is everyone's opinion and (I think we know we don't have to follow yours. :lol: ) there is no right or wrong, so enough with the "You can do this or you can't do this because....".

Secondly, kidding or not, never tell a member here to stick something up their ass' or put this in your pipe and smoke it. :huh: That's just rude.

14. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I'm sorry! Okay I'll stop and be good and respect everybody's opnion and go to the magical land of pixies . . . :innocent: !

For real, I'll not say rude coments, respect peoples opinions and stop obseesing about this thread! ;)

15. estevairevana

estevairevana New Member

I almost said Betsey Johnson, but..
    She's so original and is becoming rather singular.
    I want her to remain the same.

16. estevairevana

estevairevana New Member

This is not a real design house, but Victoria's Secret should definitely slam on the brakes..

17. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I doutn udnerstand why people cant take IOC sieriously, i think they are quite intretsing, i can understand Jeromy scott mroe , but still I think people should appriciate originality rather its good or bad

18. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

My main beef w/IOC is how they go about doing things. They think they are the Messiah's of fashion. :lol: They are more about the show than the actual clothes. And ugh, the clothes. :cry: There is nothing original about IOC, imo.

Jeremy Scott - Read above. However, I do think Jeremy Scott is creative. ;)

19. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i think jeremy scott is indeed an old label -he's been around for ages now- and his style is very defined and very useless (for my taste that is) but Mathiew Williamson, hmmm he's last two collections are surprisingly cool ;) (my taste that is)

regarding IOC even though I'm not a fan, I can see that they have been improving lately (i can see this thread getting 'touchy' sooooo this reply is >>> just my two euro cents boys and girlsssss)

20. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I agree thsi trhead is kind of touchy , we may need to try to rephrase some of our language

nicely said lena