Designers That Should Stop What They Are Doing...

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by fasionlover22, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

It's only touchy when people tell you to do certain things to your body because you don't agree with them. :rolleyes:

2. can anyone say, "donatella".
    thats all I have to say.

thank you.

3. Rhizm

Rhizm New Member

No real designer should stop what he or she is doing, they should just go ahead with the line of the few pieces in their collection that are worth mentioning. I don't like most things cavalli or Galliano are doing, but every collection they too have a few great and wearable pieces that I would realy wear. The problem with specially those two is that they often let the ballance between wearable and conceptual fall to the side of conceptual, that doesn't make it my style but they shouldn't stop for that.

The one that should realy stop what he is doing is Dirk Bikkembergs. His whole football collection put him from being a top fashiondesigner to being the next Tommy Hillfiger. Making a shirt and printing your name and a footballplayer on it does not make it designwear. He made me sell all my clothes from previous collections because I can't wear them anymore without feeling like a snob. Congratulations Mr. Bikkembergs, you lost my respect :-(

4. TeezBelts

TeezBelts New Member

John Galliano

I've never been a fan of John Galliano so I think any tweaking of his image could be advantageous!

5. Casualuxury

Casualuxury New Member

oh and i think Chloe and Anne Valerie Hash should not just change their image but just stop designing all together.

#65 Casualuxury, Jul 30, 2005
    Last edited by moderator silverbutterfly: Jul 31, 2005
  6. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

i have never liked cavalli or donatella versace, but i dont think they should stop because people obviously like to look trashy and they buy that stuff.

well, maybe not versace, arent they bankrupt

7. Pastry

Pastry Active Member

Ok, IM really tempted to say John Galliano :rolleyes: (for both houses), but its never going to happen, nor should it. This is because Dior is a huge maney-maker, and it may seriously lack modernity(ahem), but it still "counts" as fashion.
    Another doozy is Fendi:sick: . I dont know if Lagerfeld is doing this on purpose, but his collection have got to stop. I dont understand how someone who can design such beautiful couture creations can come up with something as stupid as Fendi.

8. mishahoi

mishahoi loaded and locked

whoah, melodrama much? :huh:

i love anne valerie hash... do you own anything by her? i think its soo comfy

as for designers, i give another vote to VERSACE.... :sick: dolce&gabbana are starting to make me sicker and sicker after each presentation as well:sick: :sick:

9. drexl

drexl doom doom doom

Oooh someone's gonna get band soon...

#69 drexl, Jul 30, 2005
    Last edited by moderator silverbutterfly: Aug 1, 2005
  10. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think so too :lol:

Good god, this is SUCH an old topic and as already said before... to each his own opinion, kay?! It´s one thing to disagree but your comment was just beyond offending. Behaviour like that is not much appreciated on tFS... :angry:

11. LoveKylie

LoveKylie New Member

I believe she's already been mentioned one time too many... but yes, Donatella.

12. j´adore dior

j´adore dior New Member

what!!!!!!:shock: YSL has always been about sex, since the begining, Yves was the first one to use sex on catwalks with see through fabrics and that famous backless dress that jean paul gaultier has re done a few times, sex is on the core of YSL, tom has long gone now but i think pilati shout really concider it, if he already hasn´t.

13. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Oookay....that was really rude and hateful casualluxury....but I think elaborating should be left up to that administrator,if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Anyhooo-

One designer who should stop? I don't think that was the initial question at all. I think it was bascially one's who should evolve...try something different. And my answear would indefinitely be:BERNHARD WILLHELM!

14. meowmix

meowmix New Member

donatella versace, karl lagerfeld for fendi ( :sick: ), michael kors (BORING), tommy hilfiger should just disappear off the face of the earth... and take all those celeb "designers" with him

15. Rhizm

Rhizm New Member

I like Bernard willhelm :D , his clothes are made for fun, I would rather walk on the street wearing bernard willhelm than I would wearing certain things from Galliano, Cavalli or D&G.

16. Yanka

Yanka New Member

absolutely totally agree! Tommy H should stick to making poloshirts for rednecks, he is so unnecessary

17. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

No I adore Bernhard,quite alot actually. As anybody on these boards can attest. I just think there's only so much hoodies,trackies and 80's irony one can take before it becomes redundant. I wish he'd return to his early days when his collections were less about being "post-modern" & grotesquely ironic and more about creating imagintive and captivating clothes. And frankly,I no longer find him that funny anymore. Just rather tedious and frustrating to look at now.

Oh,cannot agree with you more about Bikkembergs. How mind numbing has he become these days?! I cannot for the life of me understand how much he's changed into this icky "jock" realm. Indeed,much like Hilfiger.

18. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Hedi Slimane needs to go to a few less rock concerts, stop acting like he's the same age as I am and do a bit more designing.

19. morgan38

morgan38 New Member

-Roberto Cavalli- too flashy..kind of tacky
    -D&G- all over the place and again too flashy
    -John Galliano- his work has become too theatrical/conceptual/silly....realistically I wouldn't wear most of what he designs anymore
    -Zac Posen- boring with no direction
    -Donatella Versace- has run out of ideas and is not doing a good job recycling the old one
    -Armani- boring...not going anywhere
    -Michael Kors- same "concept" to every collection...and it's getting really tired

#79 morgan38, Jul 31, 2005
    Last edited by moderator meetu2nyte: Jul 31, 2005
  20. Diorling

Diorling New Member

With Kors, every season is going on vacation in St. Tropez (S/S) or St. Moritz (F/W).

Zac Posen...make it stop...