Designers That Should Stop What They Are Doing...

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by fasionlover22, Jun 9, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. Which designers do you feel should work on changing their image, before its too late...

2. humble balmy gore

humble balmy gore New Member

Roberto Cavalli,I think its HIDEOUS!!!

3. Acid

Acid yes

zac posen :sick:

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Galliano, Cavalli, Ford, Karan, D&G, Dona-tella , Phoebe Philo (Chloe) to name a few, should start thinking hard on their collections. Of course there are many more out there... going the wrong way including some x-faves of mine :ninja:

5. Acid

Acid yes

Lena, i agree partially with that......but you must understand that once you are at the top of your game.....the only way is DOWN

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:shock: what a cliche dear aciddddd , i'm shocked

people need to prove MORE when they reach "the top" in order to stay there , but they don't really care do they? ;)

7. Acid

Acid yes

it may be cliche but its true Lena ;)

often when people try to prove MORE they try TOO HARD and end up with a disaster
    not just in fashion.. in everything......beauty, music and sport especially too

the only true way to keep at the top is to save the best till last and go out with a bang!

8. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

others may disagree but i am not a fan of galliano. i loved some of the creative expression he did for dior but at the same time i feel that he's just doing it for crazy value and not in pursuit of a fashionistic artform. anyway...there are others i just can't think of them now.

9. Poison

Poison New Member

cavalli
    i don't like oscar de la renta but didn't he end his career?

10. Poison

Poison New Member

And Marc Jacobs- I jst hate him
    maybe not for LV but for Marc by Marc Jacobs
    but for LV also

11. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

John Galliano should I think finally stop the urban-grit thing at Dior. The mood is now for reconstructing couture and giving it back absolute elegance in a modern way.

Aside from him, Julien Macdonald should build an image for Givenchy which has been lacking for the past few seasons.Phoebe Philo should be a little bit more serious at Chloe, did'nt like her last punk-vinatge collection.Donatella should do Versace the way her brother did it.Dolce & Gabanna should concentrate more on what they do best.

As for Cavalli he should'nt 'cause what he's doing now is what he does best, except for his fall collection he had done much better.

I also like Zac Posen, I think he has done nothing wrong.

12. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Cavalli's winter 03-04 was sooo bad.... over here only the cheap club singers and tacky babes wear cavalli :sick:

13. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Versace(always hated),Dolce and gabbane(geting so boring)
    Julien Mcdonald (just get the*ck out of Givenchy :sick: ),Valentino (so boring)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Galliano but I agree that he needs ore ideas he is kind of keeps flaling bakc on punk meets asian or punk meets glamoure or asian street queen elizibeth, I also wish he would stop watering down theouture.

14. charlottesometimes

charlottesometimes retro queen

I agree Spacemiu, definitely Versace. I've never liked it. IMO it's too OTT to the point of looking tacky. And as for Donatella.....!

15. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I also forgot Tom Ford. . . . even though I liked what he did at Yves Saint Laurent this fall, Yves Saint Laurent is a label of sophistication and what he did this spring and fall was all about sex so he should change that.

16. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

truely!

Yeah teh whoel sexd up ysl thing amkes me puke even if i liek soem of it, he really has absoutely no right to mess with saint laurent. sad sad.

well this is how i used to feel sprt of about largerfeld at chanel but i love it any ways even if coco is roling in her grave.

17. agent v

agent v New Member

I totally agree with Cavalli... my dad saw one of his outfits on a manaquin and thought it was an Elvis impersonator costume!

18. Acid

Acid yes

Spacemiu.....i couldnt disagree more on the Valentino/Dolce&gabbana dislike you have

they are 2 (or 3 should i say) of the most well cut/presented/engineered designers out there at the moment.....they are iconic

19. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

valentino is holding well to his clients, those ladies need their 'mainstream' master, he might be boring but he's covering in a good way delicate 'client group' needs.

Dolce&Gabbana ? .... hm i agree with spacemiu and igni, they need clear message, those collection are all over the place. I wonder for how much longer they will stick with their madonna inspiration... it getting a bit tiring.

oscar de la renta is doing so well with his company, that he left Balmain Haute Couture behind.
    he's the 'american Valentino' imho.

btw, i'm afraid i need to add :shock: Jean Paul Gaultier in my list , he's been all over the place, sooo blury that lately all his clever ideas pass un-noticed in a sea of passè theatricals.

i find theatricals sooooo very boring, honestly :ninja:

20. classic1908

classic1908 Member

Donna Karan has needed to get off the New Age/40s kick forever. I'm old enough to remember when she first started, and I love the bodysuits and wrap stuff. I still have some Karan from pre-1992, and wear it.

I also disagree with the Valentino/Oscar bashers. I'm not interested in raggedy-looking stuff. Give me elegance and good taste any time.
    :flower: