Detail And Craft

I loved that too! It kind of reminds me of a wood nypmh style.

My fave too and not because I started it either :wink: Actually,I've been so inspired by it all lately,I thought I would share my passion.

this inspires me to start working on my clothes more, may be I willa ctually finish some thing, Iam working on all these shirts with emboidery and such. :heart:

Undercover :heart: :heart: :heart:
00032.L.JPG

00049.L.JPG

00051.L.JPG

OMG! That Undercover waistcoat-I am so doing that long stitch thread this very moment to a coat of mine! I have never seen that picture either. :woot:

And thank you for posting the Bruno pics. I was about to get a few myself but you beat me to it :wink: :flower:

i really like and appreciate the work done the fashion line Project of Alabama. The clothing is my by numerous recycled tee shirts and hand stitched by older women in Alabama.

Here are some pics

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Scott@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 4:17 am
Camilla Stærk Fall 2002

Crocheted Lace(much like the Irish style) top attached to a knit(which I am guessing is an old needle technique)bustier
:woot:
post-19-1073092653.jpg
love this one here scott :heart:
and also some of the project alabama pieces posted by the sweetest* :heart: :heart:

great & inspired thread indeed :flower:

Is that an old needle technique with the knit bustier? Looks similar to the same technique Jurgi did with this sweater

I like Project Alabama but I don't like the 1000 dollar price tag attached just for a few t'shirts. They're based not too far from where I live,actually.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jan 1st, 2004 - 9:23 pm
I lvoe all the carft details, i lvoe embelishments and details liek stiching :heart: :heart: :heart:
As do I

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:41 pm
Undercover :heart: :heart: :heart:
00032.L.JPG

00049.L.JPG

00051.L.JPG
Oh I LOVE that last one. It looks like something I'd design :smile:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 10:37 pm
I liek Project alabama alot, btu so much $$$
I agree. However, it is a lot of work and I think it's fair. Doing things by hand isn't easy!

Yes but what you must realize is that there isn't much of an emphasis on a garment's construction,like seamwork,tailoring and dressmaking-that's even more difficult to do combined with handwork. And people like Jurgi Persoons,who do both,never have that big a price on their pieces unless its a coat or something. Basically,its very one-off homespun t's PA are doing(maybe some other pieces)....I can see paying $400 or less for something like that but not in the thousands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->