Details March 2009 : Kanye West

His eye's are way to photoshopped :doh:

Try to seperate the cover from all the bull**** and he looks good. He's a bit much at times, but I do like Kanye's bluntness about certain things though...

On Kanye ready to pour all his “superhero” energy into conquering fashion: “Put this in the magazine: There’s nothing more to be said about music. I’m the f—ing end-all, be-all of music. I know what I’m doing. I did 808s in three weeks. I got it. It’s on cruise control. . . . Man, we talked about music for God knows how long! Now let’s talk about how my f—ing sweater didn’t come back right from Korea. That’s what’s interesting me.”
On having natural talent as a kid: “First beat I did was in seventh grade, on my computer. I got into doing beats for the video games I used to try to make. My game was very sexual. The main character was, like, a giant penis. It was like Mario Brothers, but the ghosts were, like, vaginas. Mind you, I’m 12 years old, and this is stuff 30-year-olds are programming. You’d have to draw in and program every little step—it literally took me all night to do a step, ’cause the penis, y’know, had little feet and eyes.”
On what makes him so hard-working: “People ask me a lot about my drive. I think it comes from, like, having a sexual addiction at a really young age. Look at the drive that people have to get sex—to dress like this and get a haircut and be in the club in the freezing cold at 3 A.M., the places they go to pick up a girl. If you can focus the energy into something valuable, put that into work ethic.”
On being the voice of the voice of this generation: “If not me, then who? Someone could be a better rapper, dance better. But culturally impacting? When you look back at these four and a half years, who’s the icon at the end of the day? Who broke down color barriers? What other black guy would a white person use as a fashion reference?”
On using “gay” as a compliment: “Titles are very important. I like to embody titles, y’know, or words that have negative connotations, and explain why that’s good,” he says. “Take the word gay—like, in hip-hop, that’s a negative thing, right? But in the past two, three years, all the gay people I’ve encountered have been, like, really, really, extremely dope. Y’know, I haven’t, like, gone to a gay bar, nor do I ever plan to. But where I would talk to a gay person—the conversation would be mostly around, like, art or design—it’d be really dope. From a design standpoint, kids’ll say, ‘Dude, those pants are gay.’ But if it’s, like, good, good, good fashion-level, design-level stuff, where it’s on a higher level than the average commercial design stuff, it’s, like, gay people that do that. I think that should be said as a compliment. Like, ‘Dude, that’s so good it’s almost . . . gay.’”
Read the full cover story of Kanye, 31, at DetailsMag.com and be sure to check out the behind-the-scenes cover shoot video!

excerpt from justjared

He's totally giving the gay face on that cover.

Well they definitely slimmed and contoured his cheekbones than natural. :P
It's not a bad cover but I'm kind of over him. Great music, horrid personality, over-inflated ego. Blah ...
I wish they would put male models on these kind of men's magazines (Details, Men's Vogue, GQ, Esquire) Maybe it's just me, but it would be more attractive with a male model on the cover rather than an overrated celebrity.

he has really bad wrinkles on his forehead for someone so young.......

his interviews r always gr8 tho, v funny

Much better choice than the corny pick GQ made of featuring Justin Timberlake on their cover. At least Kanye has some proper credentials, Justin gets all his music produced by Timbaland. But what's with the queer-ish pose and colours?

i think this is the cutest
he has looked on a cover..n i
personally find him unattractive
he looks like a little teddy bear..
but we all know he is gonna b talkin about
louis louis louis...fashion fashion fashion..music music music..cockyness

Dear Lord, Kanye needs to get rid of that fro-mullet :sick:

That said this is not a bad issue for the boys if I do say so myself.

Editorial Review:

Neutral Territory

Ph. Thomas Schenk
Fashion Editor: Paul Stura
Model: Vincent Lacrocq

Graphic Content

Ph. David Armstrong
Fashion Editor: Matthew Edelstein
Models: Taylor Fuchs, Sean O'Pry, Dennis Johnson, Tyson Ballou, Vincent Lacrocq & Noah Mills (This also features 3 other boys I can't ID)

There is also one last edit that is rather boring but the name escapes me at the moment :lol:

Graphic Content
Ph. David Armstrong
Fashion Editor: Matthew Edelstein
Models: Taylor Fuchs, Sean O'Pry, Dennis Johnson, Tyson Ballou, Vincent Lacrocq & Noah Mills (This also features 3 other boys I can't ID)

i want to see the eds, thanks a lot!!!

sounds amazing

Details Magazine March 2009
Editorial: Neutral Territory
Photographer: Thomas Schenk

332a4ja.jpg

30wnvwp.jpg

5ocpqo.jpg

1trkbc.jpg

mhbrko.jpg

mwyxqd.jpg

16hozud.jpg

250p0s3.jpg

2itswh0.jpg

5v6kpu.jpg

Details Magazine March 2009
Editorial: Graphic Content
Photographer: David Armstrong

xfqmbp.jpg

from men.style.com/details

vincent looks great!!

ugh eww. cover is way tooo photoshopped. i will admit that i like some of kanye's music but that huge ego destroys everything. it's not even confidence it's becoming more like arrogance. excited for the edits though, good group of male models.

i wish kayne would just let his music (or i guess his next endeavor of fashion) speak for itself.. but i bet if that did happen, people would talk and care about it less.. and i imagine he knows that too. better to be loud and obnoxious.

Neutral Territory
Ph. Thomas Schenk
Fashion Editor: Paul Stura
Model: Vincent Lacrocq

scanned by whatelseinga @ modelhommes.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back