Devi Kroell Pre-Fall 2010

Leeroi

Reaction score
Very new designer. Just opened a flagship store. Love the fact a dark fabric background was used. White backgrounds usually washes out many collections.

----

68534390.jpg
15199412.jpg

72242952.jpg
17285191.jpg

75221638.jpg
28753260.jpg

56760373.jpg
67171287.jpg

79958041.jpg
37011455.jpg

43484201.jpg
31647351.jpg

style.com

the only piece that kills this collection for me is the orange dress. what the **** is that? how un-chic of the creative team to include that.

Very nice. Not too keen on the draped pieces but I am keen on seeing more of his work.

Very nice. Not too keen on the draped pieces but I am keen on seeing more of his work.

Devi is a woman. Eheh.

But I agree that the collection is nice. She's very talented at what she does, and probably one of the most exciting pre-fall collections yet.

Her draping isn't as good as let's say Alber Elbaz, but she started her brand first doing shoes and handbags.

^_^

hannah macgibbon better watch out. there's something very chloe here but in a completely grown up and mature way free of all of the chloe gimmicks. this just goes to show that accessories girls -- frida at gucci, et al -- really do have an eye for a total look.

I love the leather trousers and skirts (is that leather?). I love this collection

I really like some pieces, but there's some that are a definite miss for me. Great cuts though, I will definitely give her that :D

Meh.

I don't dislike it but I'm not loving it. I don't get why she's branching out to ready to wear....her accessories are out-of-this-world-gorgeous, but I think her ready to wear(as far as I've seen)while beautiful, doesn't grab me or make my heart skip the way other designers do...It's pretty but that's it.
Maybe she'll reach the realm of someone like Alber Elbaz in time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh.

I don't dislike it but I'm not loving it. I don't get why she's branching out to ready to wear....her accessories are out-of-this-world-gorgeous, but I think her ready to wear(as far as I've seen)while beautiful, doesn't grab me or make my heart skip the way other designers do...It's pretty but that's it.
Maybe she'll reach the realm of someone like Alber Elbaz in time?

:flower::flower::flower:

i do agree about her accessories, but i think that more and more designer clothing has become something of an accessory in the way people dress today. it's a piece here a piece there worn with the same in that regard, she's doing great things with her clothing collection, but i do agree...the clothing does not make one's heart stop in the same way.

DK_FW09_HB_Large-Zurich-Shopper_Handpainted-Python-Black-Fuchsia.jpg

devikorell.com

I agree with your sentiment about how the designer clothing has become sort of like accessory, which is why I don't get wow-ed at all except with Alber^_^ If you look at closely, there are actually some quite nice pieces in almost every designer's collection, but nothing extraordinary. Nothing that whisk you away to heaven the moment you see it(or picture yourself in it).

Except with Lanvin, I haven't felt the " OMG I HAVE TO have it, I can't live without it" kind of complete adoration since the Balenciaga FW05 collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->