Diego Luna

WheresMyUmbrella

Reaction score
No thread for Gael Garcia Bernal's B.F.F., Diego Luna? Shock and horror!

From wikipedia:
Early life
Luna was born Diego Luna Alexander in Mexico City, the son of Fiona Alexander, a British-born costume designer, and Alejandro Luna, a set designer who is one of the most acclaimed living theatre, cinema and opera set designers in Mexico. His mother died in a car accident when he was only two years old. She had worked in the film industry and had made sure that this was a life Luna would be immersed in. His father also reinforced the importance of theater and the arts in his life. In Luna's youth, he would bring him to the sets and mentor him in all different aspects of his art, furthering his desire to become an actor and uphold a family tradition.

Career
From an early age Luna began acting in television, film, and theatre. His first television role was in the 1991 movie "El Último Fin de Año." His next role in the telenovela "El Abuelo y Yo" (1992) alongside his childhood best friend, Gael García Bernal. Following this, Luna began to receive more acting work. His big break came in 2001 when he was cast in the critically acclaimed Y Tu Mamá También, once again alongside García Bernal, as Tenoch Iturbide.

He is currently making a name for himself in the American market, such as by starring alongside Bon Jovi in Vampires: Los Muertos (2002) and the Academy Award-winning Frida (2002). He was also in the western Open Range, the prequel to Dirty Dancing, entitled Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights, as well as The Terminal with Tom Hanks, and Criminal with John C. Reilly.
photo sources: imdb and wikipedia

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 89f.jpg
    89f.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Diego_Luna_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
    Diego_Luna_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 0
Shock and horror, I agree!

What a nice looking man. No more photos?

I watched Dirty Dancing:Havana Nights with him and Romola Garai.It's very nice romantic drama.

MV5BMjEyMDM1NjM4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE1MzkyMQ@@._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMTg1MzU4NTM5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDE1NjI3._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMTc3OTY2ODAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjE1NjI3._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMTc3MTQxNzExOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDI1NjI3._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMTcxOTI2MTEyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjI1NjI3._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMTc4Nzk5NzQ4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTI1NjI3._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

imdb

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, I'm watching it now, actually. :heart:

People have finally showed up to this thread. Woot! :D

Diego's Gap ad (click to enlarge):

source: diegolunaloco.com

I think his girlfriend Camilla Sodi is pregnant.^_^

Camila Sodi??I know that girl,I remeber her face,my grandma watched one soap-opera with her,I know she talked me about it,and I had to listen and watch...-_-

Here they are together:
diegoluna_052507_320.jpg

46364_1.jpg

^^Mhm, she is niece of actress and singer Thalía.

I watched Dirty Dancing 2. Lovely.^_^

Really??Great for them.They are cute together.

That second photo of them is gorgeous. What a lovely couple. :heart:

Super-cute photo and article from Latina magazine (click to enlarge):

source: diegolunaloco.com

:heart:

Apparently, he hates Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. I've never seen it, because it seemed pretty awful.

"A Letter To True"
A Film Journal
by Bruce Weber

Supplement to Vogue Italia Nov 2003

my scan

^^^Thanks for the scan! I am going to my hometown (Monterrey) this weekend. I'll get some magazines and hopefully he'll be in one of them!

he's starring in “Elysium”out now in theatres in the US. Did anyone see it?

Actress America Ferrera and Director Diego Luna attend the 'CESAR CHAVEZ' interviews at the Berlin Movie Stars Lounge at The Westin Grand Berlin on day 7 during the 64th Berlinale International Film Festival on February 12, 2014 in Berlin, Germany.
tuJ6Fu4.jpg

kPeZF5O.jpg

Director Diego Luna attends the 'Cesar Chavez' press conference during 64th Berlinale International Film Festival at Grand Hyatt Hotel on February 12, 2014 in Berlin, Germany.
DowsrQL.jpg

jObX3Gn.jpg

pRVuB9q.jpg

53TLByg.jpg

zimbio

2014 Film Independent Spirit Awards
HY369xU.jpg

57mmlju.jpg

zimbio

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads