Difficult Designer / Brand Pronunciation #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My policy: watch a video!

If I'm feeling unsure, I just go to youtube and search one of the the designer's shows because typically there will be people giving their critiques and comments while mentioning the designer's name here and there. Style.com also has excellent videos that cover runway shows and designer profiles so it is always an awesome reference for me.

If I'm feeling unsure, I just go to youtube and search one of the the designer's shows because typically there will be people giving their critiques and comments while mentioning the designer's name here and there. Style.com also has excellent videos that cover runway shows and designer profiles so it is always an awesome reference for me.

I just ran into a youtube channel that actually does that, and only that. I couldn't find a pronunciation for Miu Miu anywhere, and I decided to just give it a shot on youtube, and to my surprise, it was there! The channel's name is wwwihmcca if anyone wants to subscribe (www.ihmc.ca)

Haha, I guess some French people got upset about Americans screwing up pronunciation :lol:

How do you pronounce the French brand Maje? It has been one of my favorite labels for quite some time now, and I am embarrassed that I still have no idea whatsoever how to pronounce it. :blush:

I always say "vair-sah-chay", but my friend is always telling me that it's actually "chee", but I'm insistent with "chay".

^I'm pretty sure it's Vair-SAH-chay with r pronounced by flicking the tongue against the front teeth instead of just puckering the lips. I think the Italian "ce" gets pronounced like Chay, since everyone says Dole-chay & Gabbana instead of Dole-chee :unsure:
How is the u in couture pronounced? i say Ote COO-tyure for Haute Couture but I'm not sure if that's correct. Oh and how are Balmain and Lanvin pronounced? I have no idea if the Ns at the end are pronounced or not or how the soft-n works, nor how the ai is pronounced :wacko:
Thanks in advance!

^I'm pretty sure it's Vair-SAH-chay with r pronounced by flicking the tongue against the front teeth instead of just puckering the lips. I think the Italian "ce" gets pronounced like Chay, since everyone says Dole-chay & Gabbana instead of Dole-chee :unsure:
exactly! :clap:

How is the u in couture pronounced? i say Ote COO-tyure for Haute Couture but I'm not sure if that's correct. the soft-n works, nor how the ai is pronounced :wacko:
Thanks in advance!

I studied French in high school but i'm by no means fluent.

I think you're perfect on the couture pronunciation. At least that's how I was taught it by an American :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->