Dion Lee F/W 2018.19 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 10, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

4. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

Some of the earlier looks are pushing it for me, but as always it's a pretty solid collection. I do love the color palette.

5. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

Some looks are very good and quirkier than his usual "sexy ultra modern" stuff we are used to see. I hope he's gonna develop it in the future.

I'm not sure about those pointless menswear looks though. I hate more and more those merged shows...

6. ToniOrtega

ToniOrtega Member

The first few looks with the bras showing on top or cut-out through tailored suits resonated with me so much, especially with today's #MeToo and #TimesUp movements! And while the tailoring looks impeccable here, it's the draping that's the most beautiful IMO, like the last look Kinga is wearing!

7. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

This looks very fresh and exciting something which you rarely see at NYC fashion. I am quite impressed.

8. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

It's still absurd to me that he hasn't been given the direction of a big house yet, or that his brand is so underrated. One of the few out there consistently making modern, sleek and desirable clothes.

Another impeccably strong collection.

9. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Active Member

Well, the angle of those photos are making justice to the clothes. It looks more dynamic and more effortless than his previous offerings. Finally we're getting something more modern and confident from him because, honestly, I just didn't understand most of his previous collections. Very pretentious, boring and OTT. He used to be really cool four years ago. I remember that he worked sublime prints and that would have helped here.

Although he's copying Helmut without shame, here the whole formula is working. Dion Lee must stay strong in this direction: sexy, clean and contemporary.

10. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

Male models wearing flip-flops?? Didn´t their shoes arrive on time or something??

11. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Some of this I find captivating - the exposed bra looks, albeit not new, look very well-made and attractive, the slouchy pants are cool and I like the silk slips. And then there are the hideous deconstructed hems and Raf-for-Dior mesh dresses that absolutely lost me. They are so try-hard.