dior39.jpg

dior40.jpg
dior41.jpg

dior42.jpg
dior43.jpg

dior44.jpg
dior45.jpg

WWD

Mhm, great, but most of this has been done too many times before. Not to mention that some fabrics just hurt my eyes.

i LOVED the clothes i must say, i know they will definitely sell but i still was VERY underwhelmed. YAWN..."SLEEP"

Loving this.
It's cute, it's girly, it's polished, there's pastels, it's very 60's.
Overall I love it. For a cruise collection, it's definitely exceptional. My favorite gown has to be Georgina's big 'ol pink gown. Stunning.

Loving this.
It's cute, it's girly, it's polished, there's pastels, it's very 60's.
Overall I love it. For a cruise collection, it's definitely exceptional. My favorite gown has to be Georgina's big 'ol pink gown. Stunning.

I couldn't have said it better. Like the dresses so much. It is typical Galliano but i haven't seen something like this before. Really exceptional !

Mhm, great, but most of this has been done too many times before. Not to mention that some fabrics just hurt my eyes.

It really has.

When I was going through the collection I was thinking of the seasons were the looks originated and how great it would've been if he had just shown the same things and stopped trying to reinvent everything, but failing. Needless to say I will be posting in the look a like thread soon...

That said, some of the looks are good, and I like that the whole collection is girlish and fun. The two last dresses are stunning. :heart:

Casting is so much better than at Chanel cruise.
Clothes also. It's adorable.
Minus: What celebrities has to do with fashion ? I kind of understand , but if I was a designer no singer would perform on my show. I don't see the point.

It's the typical Dior stuff,but I definitely love this collection!
It's so fresh,young and girly!This is an easy collection to wear,has some signature pieces and very cute accessories...it gonna sell like nuts in the Asian market(which is Dior biggest pursuit after all)

this is so gorgeous, fun, fresh, retro and girly and i'm literally wearing a huge grin right now. i love this, the colours are so soft and fresh, and the shapes variate from prom-belle to a sporty, laid back girlie-girl. i really like this. magdalena's dress is so fabulous. the dresses looked so delicate, with the light fabrics, making a contrast with those huge fun bows. this whole collection is so playful, yet so amazing. what i really don't like is that i'm seeing some cuts and shapes from s/s 10. eitherway, god save galliano! :woot:

BTW THE ONLY TACKY THING HERE IS GALLIANO'S CLOTHES. what happened to buff galliano? he looks thinner.

Man i can't understand people bashing at this collection and saying that Galliano should be left out of Dior over a "cruise" collection, wich is suposed to be "modest", when Karl delivered the most hideous, tacky and unwearable show and they were raving about it!!...this is sooooooo brilliant!!!!

Lovely collection.. but that's all for me... he could take the shanghai concept way more great than this... and john Galliano is really thin now.

I find the styling very off ,it really is a hot mess.

Overall, it's ok. I did have high expectations though.

Oh good, the 60s....we haven't seen that referenced in a while. :mellow:

Dior can't be how it was before probably because they werent making
any money...Galliano had to bring Dior back to old Dior so they could sell again...
although it may not be exciting it will sell
Actually you couldn't be more wrong. Back in the 2000-2004/5 era when Galliano was doing that uber-young, hyper sexy, loud, brash, trashy stuff it sold like mad, but LVMH and Dior didn't like the image that the house had built itself, hence the shift to a more mature, "sophisticated" look.

I'd actually venture a guess that in the logo-ed up J'adore Dior days of saddle bags, stilettos and slashed party dresses Dior probably made more money than it does now on it's RTW, shoes and especially handbags. Part of that was no doubt due to the economy, but part of it was also because Galliano had a knack for creating "it" items that women felt they had to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->