Dior Homme F/W 2004

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 26th, 2004 - 6:29 pm
:o is this me? :unsure:
post-19-1075154173.jpg
ABSOLUTELY :heart:

How's KARL ' Honey I shrunk the kids ' LAGERFELD going to fit into THIS collection !!! :yuk:

You've got the youth , SEAN , and GO FOR IT !!! :rolleyes:

KIT :innocent:

You've got higher cheekbones...and a nicer nose...he does look quite similar though.

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 27th, 2004 - 2:37 am
no i mean........i think he is ACTUALLY my twin :shock:
:P he wishes acid :P

:lol: sure i do Strawberry...we were......erm.......separated at birth

Originally posted by tott+Jan 26th, 2004 - 6:31 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Jan 26th, 2004 - 6:31 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kit@Jan 27th, 2004 - 12:18 am
With all due respect , TOTT :flower:

Some of us LIKE this melange of elements - 80s , or whatever . :innocent:
And all due respect back, kit...

I only said I was getting a bit bored, please don't take this as an attack or insult somehow!

:flower:[/b][/quote]
NO offence taken , Matie :heart:

I hear what you are saying !!! B)

PS

The channel that WAS F-MEN is running the MILAN MEN'S shows AS WE SPEAK !!!
I DO hope it's starting up again .
What WOULD this collection be like on F-MEN ? :P

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 27th, 2004 - 12:37 am
no i mean........i think he is ACTUALLY my twin :shock:
ACTUALLY your twin?

I have a twin, and we might have a tripleganger... I've seen this guy who looks exactly like us, and it has occured that people have come up to me and greeted me like an old friend; they have not been friends of my brother or me and "know me" very well. Bizarre.

please dont get offended on collection opinions guys,
its such a personal matter and we are all free to post
whatever we really think

we are only exchanging views,
we dont design the bloody collections :wink:

hmm it seem to eb a diffrent mood for hedi, elss punk, mroe comerciala nd colourful

its ok

I love the skrits :shock: :heart:

Originally posted by Christopher31@Jan 26th, 2004 - 5:21 pm
HERE'S ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! YSL Post is nothing, rubbish compared to this one! haha
I love the movement of the skirts(trousers?) in contrast with the more fitted torsos. It has a very moody and cerebral combination about it...á la Rick Owens/Demeulemeester. But maybe with more traditional/classical elements like the pleated kilt-style detailing and parkas etc.

Overall,this is my favorite from him.

PS...Love the group of tuxedos!

My ONLY criticism is the low-rise trousers....I don't like those on women let alone do I like them on men.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 26th, 2004 - 3:57 pm
i wonder will hedi's fan base buy into the man skirt phenom.

:rolleyes:
:sick:

oh yeah, i'm getting a 70s rock musician/disco vibe, it's the wrinkled shirts and pants i think.

(quoted from an article on a post in the dior homme msn group)

"....Mr. Slimane seems more expansive in his message, and more at ease in the house, having won concessions to design in the future under his own name, whether that means women's clothes or even a line of furniture. Wherever his unstrung mind leads him, Mr. Slimane has loosened up, mixing sharp tailoring with pieces that have the nice, cheap feel of the street. Skinny suits had a more boyish look, with soft shirts over striped T-shirts, and there were more separates, like a white quilted leather jacket and turtlenecks with leather elbow patches. Halfway through the show, rows of hot lights descended from the ceiling and out came half a dozen guys in maxi-kilts and tough leather — proof that Mr. Slimane is feeling more free."

"As for Slimane - who recently renewed his contract with Dior after three years of blockbuster success - he offered a fresh take for next winter on the ultra-slim, androgynous, youthful silhouette that has become his calling card.

Is the French designer growing up or just in search of a simpler look? Either way, he has traded in the underground rock star chic of previous collections, opting for a less tormented look with wider appeal.

"This is the wardrobe I wanted - pieces that are easy to wear," Slimane told AFP.

The designer has not forsaken his penchant for basic black, but allowed other colours and patterns to edge their way into the collection, in the form of tweed jackets, grey wool knits and Prince of Wales check. Even the duffel coat made an appearance on the Dior catwalk, along with striped T-shirts.

But fear not, Slimane fans: he sent out plenty of models made over in his slim likeness in T-shirts, jeans slung low and belted around their slight hips and straight-cut jackets.

The designer let his flashier side show with a burgundy jacket studded with tiny silver spikes and an overcoat in lurex tweed. Short jackets with satin lapels or long kilts should please his female clients, like Oscar-winning actress Nicole Kidman. "

Thanks for this last post , Christopher :heart:

My final verdict , after all the excitement and a good night's sleep , is that this collection is a superb riposte to John Galliano's men's collection .

Hedi seems to be saying , " I can do outrageous and hyperimaginative , but I can do it in a far far less ' camp ' way ."

The jupe/culottes are for the catwalk and thse nightclubs where the gay male fashionistas can strut their stuff . The main body of the collection is close to the edge , but is rooted in the REAL world , where the clothes have , let's admit it , GOT to sell.

Hedi's collections up to the present have been for the 6 foot and over , rake-thin adolescent ' boy' , and I detect a marginally less constricting cut and a slightly wider age group appeal than heretofore .

Galliano for men , imho , has yet to equal this ' maturely conceived ' collection on the part of Hedi .

And dat's de troof !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->