Dior Men F/W 2019.20 Paris

vogue.com

Collection wise his best in my opinion. The presentation was neat in theory and fits Kim sensibility for Dior however I truly think it would have been far more impressive in physical motion.

His strongest collection so far.
That being said, this kind of very hard-edge style of fashion seems a bit dated IMO. He has done it a lot and more successfully at LV and there are just too much style effects in this.

I feel like a man who is going for this look will not own the look. It’s very « fashion » without the timeless appeal that I like a menswear but that’s just personal.

My favorite collections from him at Vuitton were always the Winter ones, specially the Nemeth and Supreme collection. It had that instant desirability and his FW16 was also perfect and strong.

Nevertheless, strong accessories and the music! Honey Dijon is really perfect with him. Obsessed by the soundtrack.

Totally agree with you @TheoG , the treadmill thing was unnecessary, it subtracted something of the presentation instead of adding.

I like it, his one of the most, if not the most, luxurious collection. This is dripping expensiveness, and its not boring luxury, its exciting luxury, like Muiccia does sometimes. His work is getting so much better at Dior and that a bit funny, I think he knows that he is carrying the brand alone in terms of fashion, even though what I dont like this collection its not soooo fashion how I was expecting, maybe next time, with this new level of execution he will deliver a 10/10 collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s such an improvement from his first collection. I didn´t like his work at Vuitton; but this collection have some interesting looks. And part of the colour palette is very very sophisticated.

Love the play with drape and the clash of satin in different colours. Wish all the collection kept that direction; because the logo (DIOR overdose here and there) and tacky prints parts kill the whole sophisticated atmosphere...and those bear shaped details on the bags are beyond cheap.

Not a fan of the conveyor belt presentation. Makes it feel dead and static, like cows on their way to the slaughterhouse.

I feel like playing fashion editor here. These eight ones are my favourite looks, I wish he would have developed the rest of the collection from here:

1.JPG
2.JPG 3.JPG
vogue.com

Last edited:
Who was the model opening the show?

I hope he ditches the Alyx collaboration, it's already looking dated. Aside from that, This is the strongest collection from Dior that I've seen since Raf Simons' debut.

This show pissed me off for one reason : this annoying treadmill. The music was perfect, the casting great and the collection is really nice with enough edge and creativity mixed to very commercial pieces BUT models were there, still. Like in slow motion whereas I expected fierce catwalks, intense glaze, trousers in motion.

Everything felt... dead.

kim jones is one of the few designers i don't get, who is this guy he designs for? does anyonereally want to dress like this? it's so loud but at the same time very conservative.

Terrible collection.

As a man, I don't feel any appeal for this collection. I wouldn't feel "cool", "empowered","sexy" or whatever positive quality wearing such clothes.

It's a really dated and try-hard vision of fashion I think. Over the top details, too much informations, only expensive fabrics, embroideries bla bla. There is nothing sharp, innovative or simple about this collection.

It was as boring as the presentation itself. This is one of the worst fashion show I ever witnessed. And the dark lighting made it even worse...

Spectacular collection, one of his best! Such a strong look, and also refined. He just gets how to make luxury with an attitude. The silk draping on the tailoring was just incredible.

I do agree that Matthew Williams is not adding much. It was an unnecessary collab to begin with, Yoon heading the accessories is good enough.

It seems Kim is still taking Dior Homme down that futuristic path which I guess carries on nicely from his Pre-Fall show. Overall it was quite a nice collection but I felt that some of the looks had too much going on with all the metallics. I mean besides celebrities, who would wear that?

I think it was such a smart idea to team up with Matthew and Yoon because the accessories are the highlight here. I can just imagine how popular they'll be.

The prints in this collection were just awful.

fantastic. one of if not the best show this season. i love the collab with alyx actually, those were my favourite bits

love the presentation of it and the music

This collection remind me the Armani collections because of the ultra-luxury appeal, however what he is doing is far away more interesting that anything that Armani had been doing lately.

He needs to work on his prints, but the tailoring looks here are just divine, especially the looks that incorporate a slight feminine touch with a stole draping from a lapel. It’s definitely one of the decade’s strongest menswear propositions. A major improvement from his lackluster debut and a nice progression from his somewhat remarkable pre-fall collection.

Last edited:
Even if I never responded to a lot of his work at LV I still have to give respect. It's nice to see him transition into another house yet still find a new creative wind. I wish Hedi would take note....

Not really my own personal tastes but I can't deny how desirable and luxurious everything feels.

Not feeling the collection at all, although his tailoring is always spot on. (loving the casting too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->