Dior Homme Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

It's not as vulgar as his last collection for DH. Why I still prefer him over Hedi's vision is that Hedi's clothes are worn by people I can easily mug.

I think, this collection is something new, except big graphic T-shirt.
Every designer making crazy idea in very tight silhoet, lately.
but you know, 2010 is real future and that is acutual coming.
Are these really sexy? Are you turn on?
We shoud reconsider what next masculine is.

anyway, Sliman is gone.
Accept that.

not that bad...
I think it's much better than last collection.
the black and white match is amazing~

This was a really boring collection. He tried a few times at adding to the suits but the suits (like before-mentioned) need to be reworked entirely (by means of cut.) I really am not impressed with much fashion this year-- is the recession impacting fashion this much? I am deeply worried that there will be nothing more to get excited about if this is the overall level of frivolous on the runways.
Ah, I'm depressed.

From now, Lanvin is the king of Paris week with Dior leaving us with nothing to be excited about.

So with Dior Homme not being Dior Homme where can we look to get our fix?

Build a petition for Hedi Slimane to come back ....
or just move on ....

This is fun to read every season everyone wanting Hedi Slimane to come back .... But I've noticed there - after 3 or 4 seasons ? - more people insist on the fact Slimane FOR DH was over ........
Slimane was just an art director, a creative person ....
please move on and make this petition .....

but it doesn"t seem Slimane wants to come back to RTW .... every season there's a rumor .....

I think Slimane's exit was well-timed, otherwise we might have had to confront the fact that he was losing his edge.

Also, though I'm no fan of KVA and wouldn't buy Dior Homme myself I do understand the customer they're going for. In many ways, Dior Homme today is a more marketable, mainstream brand that it was a few years ago, which is probably thanks to Van Assche. I wonder how they're doing financially but I don't have access to that info..

Some of the shirts seem to have a bit of a resemblance to last season's Prada collection.....you know the shading and the layering of the collars and necklines.

Some of this is nice, some of it isn't. It would be better if it wasn't Dior Homme, too large shoes to fill for such an "okey" collection. And all you Hedi-missers, this could be even better:

Everyone’s wondering why Delphine Arnault - Bernard’s daughter - was front row at Gareth Pugh this week, sparking rumors that LVMH is gearing up to add the young designer to their luxury constellation. So here’s the other part to that rumor:
We hear that not only has Gareth already joined LVMH, but he’s set to do so as Kris Van Assche’s replacement at Dior Homme (no word on where KVA will go).
And we’ll all read about it very soon - Vogue Nippon has a piece coming out soon that details the move.

-fashionista.com

I have the impression he thinks he designs for Ann Demeulemeester instead of for Dior Homme, I mean what's with the stripes and the assymetrical pants??? UgLEEEEEE!!!

I heard some rumor that gareth pugh will be a director for dior homme.
Is that true?

I heard some rumor that gareth pugh will be a director for dior homme.
Is that true?

Nothing is comfirmed, it's just speculations for now due to a scout-sighting at his show. There is a thread on this in the "Rumor has it"-forums :flower:

I didn't really get why everybody was so harsh on this collection. Sure isn't the best Dior Homme was able to, but it's not that bad after all. Far from it, looks very Dior to me, even though most of the latest men collections look a little too Commes des Garcons for my taste. The only thing I really don't want to see ever again are these overlength shirt-things. They are quite reminiscent of those horribe early 80s-dresses for people who couldn't afford a silhouette.

What is wrong with this line? Nothing compares to the Hedi era.

some pieces reminds me of yohji yamamoto.
better than last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->