Dior Homme Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

anyone thought ss YSL mens?

that's some (random) very low trouser on #61. it's almost dsquaredish!!

the rest isnt so exciting. for some reason the fabrics look.... lackluster?
not what you want from a show centered around coats and things going around your neck, no?

This collection is finally working for me! Great silver pleated detailing! Love it!

diormwaw100105.jpg

This is a really great look.

diormwaw100544.jpg

WTF is this?

This is so BORING.
I really don't get how Kris can manage to make his collections for Dior look the same season after season.

anyone thought ss YSL mens?

and now you have beat me to the punch!! :boxer:

it was my very first thought upon viewing this. it's crazy however considering dior homme has an established aesthetic -- thank you very much hedi slimane -- that actually appeals to more people than mr. pilati's vision ever has. why is kris van assche doing this?

The collection is a disaster of leftover 90's remnants that are best bought at the local flea market BUT the shade of "stone" is a perfect balance between overwrought gray and conservative camel. PERFECT. Nix everything else.

You know I really love that shade of pale grey used, it looks great on all the standard pieces. And I like those long coats, in that shade of black they look very dramatic. Otherwise not particularly appealing...expected a little more detailing on the clothes themselves I guess.

and now you have beat me to the punch!! :boxer:

it was my very first thought upon viewing this. it's crazy however considering dior homme has an established aesthetic -- thank you very much hedi slimane -- that actually appeals to more people than mr. pilati's vision ever has. why is kris van assche doing this?

i'm starting to think van assche doesnt know what he is doing...
and not in a good way!
it's good that he tried for some seasons to do the new dior homme, then back to slimanes, then again something different... his approach to spring summer i found quite beautiful (the lightness and functionality of it without loosing the eyecandy side) and there i thought he was finding a path to finally stick to.
where this season comes from (or where is it going), i dont know

let's all say it together.....BORING!!!

Slimane?! Oh Slimane? Where are you, we want you back please!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The setting is so cool. The monochromatic palate does get a bit redundant, as does the long coats. It's not bad.

The entire collection will sell well, but this is not Dior Homme anymore, it's not a young innovative brand anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->