Dior Homme S/s 2005

Originally posted by Sybarite@Jul 6th, 2004 - 9:51 am
Hedi's ability to capture the 'zeitgeist' is amazing , but I think the perfect people for those clothes can't afford them.
exactly...and why would you...when you could just go to the thrift store and pick up the same thing...?... :rolleyes:

i don't get it... :unsure: ...it looks good for musicians or students...and since students can't afford it...i guess it's just for musicians... :lol: :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jul 7th, 2004 - 12:38 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 12:38 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sybarite@Jul 6th, 2004 - 9:51 am
Hedi's ability to capture the 'zeitgeist' is amazing , but I think the perfect people for those clothes can't afford them.
exactly...and why would you...when you could just go to the thrift store and pick up the same thing...?... :rolleyes:

i don't get it... :unsure: ...it looks good for musicians or students...and since students can't afford it...i guess it's just for musicians... :lol: :innocent: [/b][/quote]
And thus you describe my problem. I am a poor student who adores Hedi's clothes yet I cannot afford a single piece. Instead I scour thrift stores and sit at the sewing machine trying to make copies. If dior homme sold for around the same price as say the limited brands I would be loyal and zealous customer.

Originally posted by Mutterlein+Jul 7th, 2004 - 1:15 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mutterlein @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 1:15 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 7th, 2004 - 12:38 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Sybarite
@Jul 6th, 2004 - 9:51 am

i don't get it... :unsure: ...it looks good for musicians or students...and since students can't afford it...i guess it's just for musicians... :lol: :innocent:
And thus you describe my problem. I am a poor student who adores Hedi's clothes yet I cannot afford a single piece. Instead I scour thrift stores and sit at the sewing machine trying to make copies. If dior homme sold for around the same price as say the limited brands I would be loyal and zealous customer. [/b][/quote]
i think if you can customize your own clothes...you are far better off...you'll have something made exactly to your liking and completely original... :P :flower:

i dont know why but this collection reminds me of a junkie. great concept the whole rock thing but not ny style @ all. the skinny pants and sagging t.shirts make me want to cringe!!
btw ive never been an ardent follower of mens fashion so you ll forgive me for being naive but why is it that all the designers make their models look like junkies?

looks like mr. slimane's fall offerings were too loose for the amphetamine crowd because he's gone back to his i-don't-eat-ever skinny clothes. i see nothing new or innovative here and i am actually getting quite bored with this label. i think it's one of those unavoidable brands that people will continue to buy from (if for no other reason than to keep up with the joneses) but there's little to no movement from season to season.

suits are classic, but ratty jeans and tee shirts can always be altered to say something different. and WHERE ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WHO WEAR SCARVES DURING THE SPRING AND SUMMER? :shock:

I wish Jack would change his hair, i thought it was only like that for a shoot :S anyway i love all these skinney long haired boys (well some are pretty sick but the whole look is great). Also one think I hate is that dior never fits me and is always to big :(

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jul 7th, 2004 - 5:35 pm
WHERE ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WHO WEAR SCARVES DURING THE SPRING AND SUMMER? :shock:
probhably somewhere in England :lol:
its july and we have a BIG STORM :shock: :ninja:

Originally posted by Acid+Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Acid @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikeijames@Jul 7th, 2004 - 5:35 pm
WHERE ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WHO WEAR SCARVES DURING THE SPRING AND SUMMER? :shock:
its july and we have a BIG STORM :shock: :ninja: [/b][/quote]
Or here where I come from---- Scandinavia... cold.... :santa:

Originally posted by billabong+Jul 7th, 2004 - 5:45 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billabong @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 5:45 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Acid@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-mikeijames
@Jul 7th, 2004 - 5:35 pm
WHERE ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WHO WEAR SCARVES DURING THE SPRING AND SUMMER?  :shock:

its july and we have a BIG STORM :shock: :ninja:
Or here where I come from---- Scandinavia... cold.... :santa: [/b][/quote]
:shock: scandanavia! :heart: im so coming to visit :magic:
you can.......:shifty: show me around :ninja:

Being a HUGE dior homme fan... this collections dissapoints me, very hipster. I would wear alot of things in this collection but none of this is fresh. All the clothes are very obtainable elsewear ie. thrift. Oh and the pic of the model with the polo with the collar standing up :sick: , this is not abercrombie. At least im looking forward to copying these looks,... should be easy enough. Oh, I LOVE the gold track jacket! (wonder what the prices will be this season :wacko: ), i like the red pants also.

Originally posted by Christopher31@Jul 7th, 2004 - 7:57 pm
At least im looking forward to copying these looks,... should be easy enough.
No kidding. It was a bit tricky to copy looks from the previous season but this one is almost too easy.

I find it SO trashy. Everything, from the models to the clothes.
Just look at the model's faces. It looks like they were pulled away from a garbage can and kicked onto the runway, wearing some cheap vagrant-like outfit.

:rolleyes:

This is so boring to me. Like some else said, it's taking elements of tired hipster/scenester fashion. Nothing new or exciting here.

I agree with faust: the people who would actually look good in these clothes can't afford them. A couple weeks ago I passed this middle-aged gay man on 57th Street rocking the Dior Homme ravaged jeans and jacket look, complete with Dior shoes and bag. It all looked so sad. He's so far removed from the androgynous, pansexual, dirt-poor Berlin dirtbag that influences Hedi so much. He was trying so hard for that look. It was borderline depressing.

I actually liked f/w 2004 much more than this show. It was a good combination of commercialty and the Hedi essence. This, however, is just bland and uninspired. I, too, miss the old sophisticated Dior Homme.

Boring and bland. I loved his debut at the Dior and the first two or three collections, but this collection looks dated and "done" ! :angry:

dated and "done" !

that's it
but i still love those

i think its only down to earth, thats how 'everyday' guys dress
and i bet details will make all the diffrence

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 18 2004, 01:56 AM
i bet details will make all the diffrence
[snapback]312811[/snapback]​

My thoughts exactly. The only reason this collection SHOULD sell is for the quality of the fabrics (that so far has been superb) and the details (equally superb). Otherwise, like others noted, it's a thrift store look and there is no reason for buying this. The final test will be in stores.

I would have to say.. I miss the first few season where he design all the beautiful jackets with details.

I do agree with all of you that the final test will be in the detailing when it hits the stores.. BUT...

I don't know if you guys have seen it or not.. but I was at the dior boutique store in NY a week ago when they have all the new stuff, and can I just say I am disappointed.

The t-shirt is not even good material. The hoodie was SOOOOO disappointing. the material feels you buy it from Target... I WAS SHOCKED and kind of horrided by the crap material that was used for the hoodie.

There is also the coat.. which one of them is really solid and thick and heavy.. I think may be it is great for the East Coast weather.. but to travel and carry that big clunk is impractical

There was also a jacket that is yet to be here but the black one that makes you look more skinner than you really are(I have to look for the photo).. and it damn cost $7500.. and it is not leather it is just cotton...

I just felt that it is getting ridiculous that they are still trying to test their market how far they can push to maximize their profit and minimize their cost... I think they know from previous season that the price point was too high so what they did is lower the quality of material and make it cheaper..

I love the good old days when material was good and the detail/design was great. Even though at beginning when you think a piece of leather jacket for $3000 for the frist 2-3 season is expensive it is not when the leather jacket past season was $7000 and this season, the cotton jacket is $7500...

I will love all my past season Dior stuff even more now.....

You should all read "The fashion conspiracy" by Nicholas Coleridge if you feel this way; it gives some chilling insights into this world. Even though it's an old book, it's a must read as well as "No Logos" by Naomi Klein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"