Dior Homme S/s 2005

:blink: thats a bit too expensive , but it looks great

Originally posted by ionn24@Jul 24 2004, 06:17 PM
I would have to say.. I miss the first few season where he design all the beautiful jackets with details.

I do agree with all of you that the final test will be in the detailing when it hits the stores.. BUT...

I don't know if you guys have seen it or not.. but I was at the dior boutique store in NY a week ago when they have all the new stuff, and can I just say I am disappointed.

The t-shirt is not even good material. The hoodie was SOOOOO disappointing. the material feels you buy it from Target... I WAS SHOCKED and kind of horrided by the crap material that was used for the hoodie.

There is also the coat.. which one of them is really solid and thick and heavy.. I think may be it is great for the East Coast weather.. but to travel and carry that big clunk is impractical

There was also a jacket that is yet to be here but the black one that makes you look more skinner than you really are(I have to look for the photo).. and it damn cost $7500.. and it is not leather it is just cotton...

I just felt that it is getting ridiculous that they are still trying to test their market how far they can push to maximize their profit and minimize their cost... I think they know from previous season that the price point was too high so what they did is lower the quality of material and make it cheaper..

I love the good old days when material was good and the detail/design was great. Even though at beginning when you think a piece of leather jacket for $3000 for the frist 2-3 season is expensive it is not when the leather jacket past season was $7000 and this season, the cotton jacket is $7500...

I will love all my past season Dior stuff even more now.....
[snapback]315399[/snapback]​

That's a shame, Hedi's quality has been top notch so far. How did you like the store? It's a pain to go uptwon for me. Do they have any S/S 04 left? :ninja:

Originally posted by faust@Jul 26 2004, 12:12 PM
That's a shame, Hedi's quality has been top notch so far. How did you like the store? It's a pain to go uptwon for me. Do they have any S/S 04 left? :ninja:
[snapback]316075[/snapback]​

That store is so lame... and I love Dior Homme. They aren't nice to me every time I walk in, like I am not worthy or some BS. They had very few dress shirts left on sale. The new stuff is in. I'd buy DH at Bagutta and skip the store.
Pete

Originally posted by Pete@Jul 26 2004, 01:24 PM
That store is so lame... and I love Dior Homme. They aren't nice to me every time I walk in, like I am not worthy or some BS. They had very few dress shirts left on sale. The new stuff is in. I'd buy DH at Bagutta and skip the store.
Pete
[snapback]316108[/snapback]​

I sensed that. Cool, now I don't even have to go there :lol: I just got back from Bagutta, there is a certain DH sweatshirt that immediately made my A/W shopping list :lol:

Originally posted by ionn24@Jul 24 2004, 09:27 PM
This is the jacket I am talking about costing $7500
[snapback]315486[/snapback]​
:sick:

I know the sweatshirt. Black, very cool wide slouch turtleneck right? Made mine too, but I prob don't have the $ to get it for a long while. All yours!

Originally posted by faust@Jul 26 2004, 02:58 PM
I sensed that. Cool, now I don't even have to go there :lol: I just got back from Bagutta, there is a certain DH sweatshirt that immediately made my A/W shopping list :lol:
[snapback]316134[/snapback]​

When I visited the NY store the salesperson was very friendly and helpful... and I didn't buy anything (it's much cheaper in Europe)
Anyway you have to visit the fitting room (created by an italian artist... a very psychedelic experience)

Originally posted by Pete@Jul 27 2004, 06:56 AM
I know the sweatshirt. Black, very cool wide slouch turtleneck right? Made mine too, but I prob don't have the $ to get it for a long while. All yours!
[snapback]316402[/snapback]​

Yep, that's it! Yea, no way I'm paying full price for that. Just have to keep my fingers crossed, that's all. I say we chip in for it :lol:

Originally posted by Sybarite@Jul 27 2004, 08:00 AM
When I visited the NY store the salesperson was very friendly and helpful... and I didn't buy anything (it's much cheaper in Europe)
Anyway you have to visit the fitting room (created by an italian artist... a very psychedelic experience)
[snapback]316430[/snapback]​

Still, however minimal, I would rather support indie stores like Bagutta (although I doubt they need my support much, every time I pass by there during the day, I see ladies who lunch there with the limos waiting outside).

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 26 2004, 02:19 AM
:blink: thats a bit too expensive , but it looks great
[snapback]315891[/snapback]​

Yeah... tell me about it... I was taken back a lot by how much that piece of jacket cost... :(

Originally posted by faust@Jul 26 2004, 12:12 PM
[snapback]316075[/snapback]​

I went in there a few times and I got mixed feedback.... some sales are helpful and some are not so... They did have the S/S 04 stuff left on sale at 40% ONLY. which is kind of crappy sale percentage I think.

The store is interesting but nevertheless it does NOT have ALL the collections, which really bizzares me....

The store in Paris of course has more comprehensive collection, BUT. Here is the big BUT, they only put like 40% of the collection out because they want you know what you want and ask for it. Which I thought was kind of lame marketing strategy. I mean how do you expect average joe to know in depth of what Dior Homme collection have :wacko:

On top of that... what even bizzares me even more is that for like really expensive items i.e. leather jacket, there was one really really hot leather jacket from s/s 2004 and I enquire about it and the sales told me that they have sold both size 50 and 52 and they only have size 48 left because they only carry one size each. This is when they are having a sale of past season and they barely got new stuff in(that was like 8 months ago) and the same with Galieries Lafayette when they don't even have the new stuff. I was also a bit surprised with that. The sales told me the reason why it also sells so fast because when they have new stuff.. they will call the celebrity first and they will come in an choose... etc... :wacko: Oh well...

What made it worse was when I was kind of a little bit upset that I couldn't try my size the sale asked me " well.. are you really going to buy it?! It is 7000Euro?!" Of course it is damn expensive.. but that was kind of crappy what he asked me... of course I am not going to buy a damn 7000 Euro leather jacket but its free to try it on right??!!! Damn it!!!!! :o I think he don't mean it badly though.. but that was kind of off-putting.

AND YES I AM TALKING ABOUT 7000Euro leather jacket NOT 700.

Originally posted by faust@Jul 27 2004, 09:33 AM
Yep, that's it! Yea, no way I'm paying full price for that. Just have to keep my fingers crossed, that's all. I say we chip in for it :lol:
[snapback]316460[/snapback]​

I find that most of the Dior items goes out of the door pretty slowly in US, not the case in Paris. So I would wait until the sales anyway.. unless there are a piece that is to die for!!!

I am slowly building up my wardrobe with Heidi's design. Now I have 3 jackets and 1 hooded jackets which are 4 of my prized collections so far... and I got them all on sale!!! Woohoo!!!!

These are some of the jackets that I am talking about which I think that has much more detail and are his signature style....

Originally posted by ionn24@Jul 27 2004, 05:07 PM
On top of that... what even bizzares me even more is that for like really expensive items i.e. leather jacket, there was one really really hot leather jacket from s/s 2004 and I enquire about it and the sales told me that they have sold both size 50 and 52 and they only have size 48 left because they only carry one size each. This is when they are having a sale of past season and they barely got new stuff in(that was like 8 months ago) and the same with Galieries Lafayette when they don't even have the new stuff. I was also a bit surprised with that. The sales told me the reason why it also sells so fast because when they have new stuff.. they will call the celebrity first and they will come in an choose... etc... :wacko: Oh well...
[snapback]316649[/snapback]​
Perhaps they'd better close their stores and send their overpriced items to celebrities right away :innocent:

Originally posted by ionn24@Jul 27 2004, 05:07 PM
I went in there a few times and I got mixed feedback.... some sales are helpful and some are not so... They did have the S/S 04 stuff left on sale at 40% ONLY. which is kind of crappy sale percentage I think.

The store is interesting but nevertheless it does NOT have ALL the collections, which really bizzares me....

The store in Paris of course has more comprehensive collection, BUT. Here is the big BUT, they only put like 40% of the collection out because they want you know what you want and ask for it. Which I thought was kind of lame marketing strategy. I mean how do you expect average joe to know in depth of what Dior Homme collection have :wacko:

What made it worse was when I was kind of a little bit upset that I couldn't try my size the sale asked me " well.. are you really going to buy it?! It is 7000Euro?!" Of course it is damn expensive.. but that was kind of crappy what he asked me... of course I am not going to buy a damn 7000 Euro leather jacket but its free to try it on right??!!! Damn it!!!!! :o I think he don't mean it badly though.. but that was kind of off-putting.

AND YES I AM TALKING ABOUT 7000Euro leather jacket NOT 700.
[snapback]316649[/snapback]​

It's weird that they don't put everything out in Paris. The reason it doesn't sell in the US that much is because it's cut is really unforgiving, and yea, it is damn expensive. It is a pretty standard procedure though to buy everything of one size each. Also, they don't want stores to have the same merchandise because it's bad for competition. That's why you often see different stuff in different stores. Anyway, all this "trying to be too exclusive" stuff is an off-putting marketing strategy that is getting too old. After all if you realize that it's just clothes, beautiful, flattering, desirable, artful, but STILL unimportant, you won't want to deal with the attitude. I think the SoHo stores realized it first, and that's one of the reasons the business boomed there. Who wants to walk in a store and be looked up and down? Not me - I'll take my money elsewhere :lol:

Originally posted by faust@Jul 28 2004, 10:22 AM
It's weird that they don't put everything out in Paris. The reason it doesn't sell in the US that much is because it's cut is really unforgiving, and yea, it is damn expensive. It is a pretty standard procedure though to buy everything of one size each. Also, they don't want stores to have the same merchandise because it's bad for competition. That's why you often see different stuff in different stores. Anyway, all this "trying to be too exclusive" stuff is an off-putting marketing strategy that is getting too old. After all if you realize that it's just clothes, beautiful, flattering, desirable, artful, but STILL unimportant, you won't want to deal with the attitude. I think the SoHo stores realized it first, and that's one of the reasons the business boomed there. Who wants to walk in a store and be looked up and down? Not me - I'll take my money elsewhere :lol:
[snapback]317071[/snapback]​

Yes the cut is very unforgiving.. and what is even worse.. sometimes you have the perfect fit.. when you wash it.. it shrinks...argh :angry: :( :cry: (sorry just a little drama here!)

And yes this marketing strategy is tooo old and boring... but they also have distance regulation too..... A boutique told me that they can't carry Dior Homme because Bagutta carries it.. Dior wouldn't let them carry it.. oh well....

As with their cloth.. yeah.. just beautiful, flattering, desirable and artful... you have hit all the key point.. at the end of the day.. you can't eat it!!!LOl

As with SoHo stores.. well.. they are getting worse and wrose.. now that the brand names have moved there... ugh... :sick:

CH

Originally posted by ionn24@Jul 28 2004, 04:50 PM
Yes the cut is very unforgiving.. and what is even worse.. sometimes you have the perfect fit.. when you wash it.. it shrinks...argh :angry: :( :cry: (sorry just a little drama here!)

And yes this marketing strategy is tooo old and boring... but they also have distance regulation too..... A boutique told me that they can't carry Dior Homme because Bagutta carries it.. Dior wouldn't let them carry it.. oh well....

As with their cloth.. yeah.. just beautiful, flattering, desirable and artful... you have hit all the key point.. at the end of the day.. you can't eat it!!!LOl

As with SoHo stores.. well.. they are getting worse and wrose.. now that the brand names have moved there... ugh... :sick:

CH
[snapback]317201[/snapback]​

Bah, my sentiments exactly (about SoHo)! So you know A and Bagutta?! My favorite stores (well, A is a much more favorite, but I go to Bagutta for Dior and Watanabe). Do you know IF boutique? Are you located in NYC or Paris, I can't quite determine that from your posts :lol:

Distance regulation, yes, everyone has it. They have to, otherwise everything will end up on sale :lol: The only thing I don't understand is how Jeffrey carries Stella McCartney?! They are next door!!!

Originally posted by faust@Jul 29 2004, 10:00 AM
Bah, my sentiments exactly (about SoHo)! So you know A and Bagutta?! My favorite stores (well, A is a much more favorite, but I go to Bagutta for Dior and Watanabe). Do you know IF boutique? Are you located in NYC or Paris, I can't quite determine that from your posts :lol:

Distance regulation, yes, everyone has it. They have to, otherwise everything will end up on sale :lol: The only thing I don't understand is how Jeffrey carries Stella McCartney?! They are next door!!!
[snapback]317797[/snapback]​

Yeah I know A and B! :lol: I also know IF... they have great Ann Demul.. stuff.

I actually have sent you a pvt email message. Faust.

The reason why Jeffrey carries Stella is because they had carry her label long before she was famous... and so they just let Jeffrey carrie it. Actually I would say Jeffrey has the strongest clientel out of the whole NY boutique. BUT this also means you are not going to get the signature pieces. Unless yuo know the sales really well!!! Their sale stuff is nice but I think they are under a lot of pressure to sell. Two of my sales guys just left Jeffrey... and now I have no one to call... damn it... :angry: now I have to re-build my reputation.. :sick:

Jeffrey also has the next season the fastest I know.. damn... they got in Dsquared should in January when no one in NY has it and it took another 3 months before Saks had it.. and another 3 months(6 months after Jeffrey had it) for OTP to get the damn shoes. and the shoes at Jeffrey's sold out in 2 weeks... sooooo crazy.. they probably have some relationship with the custom officer or something.. may be the management sleeps with all of them?!!!! :blush: :wacko: :P :blink: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->