Dior Homme S/S 2019 by Steven Meisel

What a disappointment. I thought I'd see a great concept but these look like high production backstage photos after the show.

I was excited before opening the thread. This could have been photographed by anyone, no?

Crikey, I daresay Meisel ruined an otherwise splendid collection! This kind of cheap ploy is suited to some capsule collection for Moschino. Also, Kim. Do you honestly feel chuffed putting this out as your debut campaign?

I don't think I'm ready for Meisel to jump on the indie wagon. Please, no!

Stunning cast. That's it.

(Can anyone ID the models, please?)

I still hate the new logo. Thanks MGC!

Stunning cast. That's it.

(Can anyone ID the models, please?)
Prince Nikolai of Denmark, Lukas Gomann, Malick Bodi, Romaine Dixon, Valentin Caron.

Oh! Is Kim done with that Noah guy from the FW17 Vuitton campaign?
He was so cute!
Good composition, the clothes are still bad but i'm waiting for the additional shots.

i really don't understand why he wanted to use kaws for his debut here, he's 10 years late with that

Meisel, sweetie, what were you thinking?

I kinda like it.
Although I can imagine the creative team, having countless meetings until late nights, hiring and firing dozens of talents until they figured out where to put that logo. They realised the worst place is the best place: people usually see the upper right corner when they turn the page of a magazine, so obviously there is no better place for the revolutionary "Times New Roman" logo. Hey, at least it's not Helvetica.

The Dior Press site says the campaign is for the SS19 Denim collection, so I guess there will be something different for the main line?

Nevertheless, it looks terrible and dated. Kaws? Really?

The Dior Press site says the campaign is for the SS19 Denim collection, so I guess there will be something different for the main line?

Unfortunately it's the same concept for both lines. Kim Jones has posted both on his Instagram (the one posted here features clothes from the main line).

actually I kinda like it. Basic but yet it's cute. Great casting tho

Looks like a spring catalogue shoot for any high-end department store. Not a good direction for a fashion brand.

Could a campaign made you like less of the collection behind? Yes, that is what is happening here.
Its Meisel, but he still human and he made a mistake with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->