Dior Homme Store Pics

Doesn't really seem like anything new or exciting to me. Like Lena said both Helmut Lang and Gucci have done the ultra-modern, chic stores. IMO though, they did it better. This doesn't seem like a place to shop, it seems a bit too conceptual.....more "art" then store.

Originally posted by Spike413@Apr 27th, 2004 - 11:41 am
This doesn't seem like a place to shop, it seems a bit too conceptual.....more "art" then store.
Well, you know Hedi :wink: ...

Originally posted by Spike413@Apr 27th, 2004 - 11:41 am
This doesn't seem like a place to shop, it seems a bit too conceptual.....more "art" then store.
I would never mind that.

are these pictures in black and white or is it really just...sparse.

it's nice anyway.

The store (New York) is very underwhelming in person. A lack of actual merchandise, and a plethora of track lighting just add to the overall nauseating affect of the cramped store.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Apr 27th, 2004 - 11:55 am
Well IMO Fashion is art, and Art is fashion B)
yeah, but with the shortage of Dior Homme retailers, you would think they could at least have more merchandise. And although I support fashion as art, I certainly don't support merchandising as art, that is like the bigest oxymoron ever. A store is supposed to make money, art shouldnt be based on money. If it was called the Dior Homme museum it might be fabulous, but not as a store.

The sheer amount of reflective surfaces in the store isn't very soothing to the eyes - and that's a blatant antithesis to the minimalist aesthetic that it's otherwise alluding to.

I generally don't fancy staring at myself everywhere I turn, or flatten my nose by running into a mirror. The goods should be firmly on display in a store; they should actually form an integral part of the decor, not detracted by it.

And even if we disregard that pratical side of merchandising, strictly on the level of design this is breaking no new ground. Minimalist, spare, modern aesthetics are generally the vernacular for upscale merchandising of our era, and this isn't by any stretch of the imagination an examplary sample.

I like it!
But it's cuz its got a Mies Van der Rohe feeling, and I'm a HUGE fan of his work ...

I am all for fashion as art. I feel that fashion is a form of art, naturally. But when I'm shopping I don't want to feel like I'm in a museum. To me this is too severe, it's kind of overpowering. Like I said, too conceptual....for a store anyway.

for the ny store, u also have to consider the size and shape of the store......its no more than 15 feet wide and prolly 50-60 feet long......if it was done in more of a plain manner, itd look like a crappy little boutique.........instead the design makes it one of the most interesting stores in manhattan, like it or not...

dl

omg that is the most amazing interior ive seen in my life (well... not life... but... ) its sooooooo modern and clean-cut! where is it?

ps. did anyone ever visit the LV store on Champs Elysees? Its my least favorite interior...... blegh

there are pics from the tokyo store

as well as pierre cardin pieces and clothes all in the new issue of interior design mag (US).
i would recommend buying it.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:01 am
I certainly don't support merchandising as art, that is like the bigest oxymoron ever.
If it was called the Dior Homme museum it might be fabulous, but not as a store.
true :wink:

i find uber minimal /austere environments a tiny bit tired ..they've been out there for quite some time (decade+) maybe its time to move on to something a bit more relaxed..

to me, it seems a bit dated and museum-ish (which is a turn off when i'm out shopping)

So I finally made my way to the store in NYC. The verdict is - bleh. The store has no personality, it's too generic, too minimal. It's very narrow, a lot of merchandise is simply shelved too high, so you can't even get a good look at it. The salespeople look scary, they are in their late 30's or 40's - very Madison slick, nothing like the image Hedi is trying to promote. The two customers that were there looked exactly like the sales people. Like metal-on-metal has noted before their trying to look young rock-n-roll is pretty sad. The whole place is completely out of sync with Hedi's aesthetic. But hey, I guess that's who drops the money on Madison Ave. Needless to say I am not going back, I'd rather get my Dior Homme in Bagutta in Soho or Barneys. The only good thing about the merchandise (like in any designer boutique) was the accessories range that you won't find in a department store. I can never understand why department stores skip out on accessories - designers like Helmut Lang, Ann Demeulemeester and Hedi make some awesome accessories that are very hard to come by.

I also tried all three new Dior colognes (sorry guys, I don't feel like digging for that thread, but this is not really of topic). 2 out of 4 had no personality whatsoever, they had an overwhelming smell of soupey water. The only distinct scent was the Noir, but it's not my style - too heavy.

places like these make me uncomfortable....
but it is kind of nice :P

o yeh... i never said wat i thought of the store after visiting it.. but its been said already

small cramped
crappy
sh*t sales staff
YUCK ugly
antithesis

To me, it looks like they're trying to alienate their potential customers as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->