Dior Homme

Christopher31

Reaction score
I really like the latest Dior Homme collection, I just wanted to know what you guys think of it.... and while im on that, what about dsquared2 also.

i love dior homme too.

were there any items in particular you liked?

hedi slimane always does amazing work at dior homme, however i am ready to see him explore different directions...maybe he will fall on his face, but it would at least let us know he does have some other influence besides the german-punk thing. i am sure lvmh has a hand in all of this as dior homme sells quite well exactly as it is, but i have confidence in hedi, i think if he went out on a experimental limb, he would still turn out a good collection. (it sometimes seems like galliano never turns out a conservative collection and hedi never an experimental)

this show though was uneventful.

not wishing to brag , i bought the military leather jacket with zip - off sleeves and his black combats wih matching pockets this autumn fom browns of south molton street in london . ' utterly fabulous ! ' he did some amazing things at yves saint laurent rive gauche but changed his style somewhat at dior homme .his book of berlin phtographs seems interesting , has anyone bought it ? fashion wire daily seemed to suggest tha his S/S04 collection was not as well received as the previous ones . there was a good snippet of hedi on the uk's BBC3 programme on david bowie's millions. hedi had designed a fabulous outfit of tight tailored jacket and very wide trousers which i believe bowie wore at an american fashion awards ceremony when he handed a fashion 'oscar' to hedi. i am sure that hedi will last and become one of the greats of 21st century fashion imho.

woah kit......that jacket is the BEST

so i take it you're a regular at browns too :innocent: i better not tell u what top im after or you might snap it up before me :ninja:

ACID you need not worry ! that was my last leather jacket purchase ! i bought it as a consolation after cancer surgery . it will go with my REAL ysl rive gauche leathers and the best of all - my ideal cuir montana ones .as you can see i'm a leather jacket freak ! what do you think of jean claude jitrois ? he is the only one to come up to montana's standard imho. selfridges in exchange square here in manchester has a dior homme selection but it's not up to browns standard or even that of harrods. one of my ex-pupils was the first to buy dior homme for harrods . she has moved on to the women's international designer section now. i wish i had tapped her for some discount when she was in men's international ! btw look at the dior homme web page , it's recently changed and is 'supah' .why don't they have a video of any of hedi's collections on' f.men' ? it's the same day in -day out ! the women' s channel FTV showed hedi's collections for ysl. i've got them somewhere on videotape.

Hedi is my fave too... It's getting quite expensive though. My favorite piece from this season that I snapped up, but have only seen 1 place.... A classic white shirt in canvas with a modified double collor w/ grey felt trim. The waistline is short up front and longer in the back in a fluid curve. Hedi's clothes make me feel great. It's all about the cut!
Pete

Im new to the whole big label fashion houses... thanx for filling me in, i did know who the designer was though so im not too clueless. im learning fast. I like the cut of the jeans and pants... also a black sweater i saw in a dior homme add in wallpaper mag.

Originally posted by Pete@Dec 11th, 2003 - 12:59 pm
It's getting quite expensive though.
WHEN WAS DIOR HOMME CHEAP?

of hedi's work at dior, i've acquired one of those sleeveless white button downs with the beaded shot-through-the-heart, a long brown scarf, and most recently a pair of the jeans from barneys. even on sale dior homme is not a laughing matter.

Never did I say it was cheap!
Word on the street says, It is getting more expensive in the coming season... Prices in Japan at the DH boutique put the basic trousers up to nearly $1k US dollars which is absolutely insane. Lets hope the US pricing isn't the same...
Pete

incidentally the ' original prices ' quoted on the rafaello network site are ludicrous !!! trousers shown at original price of £360 were actually on sale at selfridges in manchester uk at £240 full price LAST YEAR !!! from what i hear from my brother who recently visited tokyo EVERYTHING is vastly more expensive than in the uk and obviously the US of A !!! . that's why christmas shopping trips to NYC are the vogue here . i doubt whether you will find that dior homme prices will rise much above inflation next year. they have not changed manufacturers .it would have been reported in the trade dailies eg WGSN .

welcome to tFS kit & Pete, you both seem to know your slimaine's :P

btw, i like Dior Homme even for girls, but i think he did better while at ysl :wink:

Thanks Lena... I'm an official Dior Homme freak. I went crazy during last summers "Follow Me" collection. So many wearable pieces. My clothing $ is still diminished from it:smile:

LENA thanks for your welcome i absolutely agree with you about hedi at ysl .if he went back he could design BOTH the men's and the women's collections . he was offered both at givenchy , i believe , earlier this year . BUT , no matter where ,he's THE BEST !!!!!!!

i would never buy dior homme simply because its ALL TOTALLY OVERPRICED

im making my own menswear line right now..... :innocent:
kit can be my first customer :wink:

Originally posted by kit@Dec 12th, 2003 - 11:12 pm
hedi at ysl .if he went back he could design BOTH the men's and the women's collections
absolutely :wink:

he'd be great for Slimaine to do ysl homme & femme

what about me acid? slimaine sells his Dior Homme to girls, dont you? :P

ACID you must sell it to browns - they seem to have their fingers on the pulse ! there , or ' the pineal eye ' who spot all the coming names . can't wait to see your collection on ' f-men '!!!

Originally posted by kit@Dec 12th, 2003 - 8:22 pm
ACID you must sell it to browns - they seem to have their fingers on the pulse ! there , or ' the pineal eye ' who spot all the coming names . can't wait to see your collection on ' f-men '!!!
im planning to create 10 menswear outfits for end january 2004.......what i'll do with them im not sure......but thanks for the ideas

i want to make some big deal out of them.......in the way that women fight over handbags in the sales

my dream: (front page of daily mail) 'Blood drawn as Johnny Depp and Jared Leto fight over SRead tee' :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->