Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane (2000-2007)

basilmus

Reaction score
I just wanna say that I absolutely LOVE Dior Homme because of Hedi Slimane. I was wondering if you guys know some places on the internet where you can buy it. I already know Brownsfashion.com, eluxury.com, yoox.com and ebay.com.

Dior homme is definitely amazing :smile: I wish they sold better stuff on eluxury though :( their selection isnt that good

I think there needs to be an official Dior Homme thread, where anything and everything about Dior Homme is discussed. There are always so many miscellaneous threads, and a lot of other threads get sidetracked with conversation about Dior Homme.

Dior homme hasn't been so good lately..wheres the originality?

Nader said:
Dior homme is definitely amazing :smile: I wish they sold better stuff on eluxury though :( their selection isnt that good
eluxury isn't as great as it used to be. i miss the days circa 2001-2002 when they used to sell nicer things.. nowadays the stuff on eluxury is just ugly logoed garbage that the masses just eat up. :yuk: :sick:
if only online places like neimanmarcus.com or saks sold dior/dior homme/galliano so people who don't have access to boutiques (like me!) could actually buy "real" clothes from these labels instead of logoed bull.. :angry:
right now on eluxury there's a $120 plastic dior dice keychain :rolleyes:
i cringe at the thought of how much the metal version of it goes for in the boutique.

Last edited by a moderator:
the prices this season are SO MUCH less than before.
and everything is already reduced at selfridges on top of that,
unfortunately, the clothes everywhere has bought in are :wacko: not good

Acid said:
the prices this season are SO MUCH less than before.
and everything is already reduced at selfridges on top of that,
unfortunately, the clothes everywhere has bought in are :wacko: not good

I did notice a distinct price difference. I could almost afford it! Howerver if you realized that half of it could be found at a thrift store then well....it's makes sense I suppose.

The quality is going down in recent times..
Why pay so much and not get the best quality possible for your money!?

There are some awesome DH jackets on eBay right now.
00_12_sb.JPG

aa_12_sb.JPG

13_12_sb.JPG

86_12_sb.JPG

And an eye t-shirt...
y29zc

raijin said:
Dior homme hasn't been so good lately..wheres the originality?
I don't agree on that statement:angry: . Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane stands for everything that has to do with originality. Look at the cut, use of colors and the materials. Fall/winter 2004 is simply toned down because, many says, the previous collections didn't sell much. If you notice small details that Slimane uses, you will find them at the other houses at next collection.

AlexN said:
I think there needs to be an official Dior Homme thread, where anything and everything about Dior Homme is discussed. There are always so many miscellaneous threads, and a lot of other threads get sidetracked with conversation about Dior Homme.
I do agree on that! This is the first place where I have seen people discuss DH. I believe that it would gather incarnated DH fans all over the world:D .

Just wanted to hear people's opinion on which Dior Homme collection is the coolest and why.

haha, I used to be a big slimane fan, basilmus, but ann D. and others were doing his kind of clothing way before him. The cut,materials,colors are not so original. Thier has been some innovation, but not that much. Being familiar with every collection, I can see this. Luster and Strip had marked similarities and these last 2 collections have not been new at all. Votc is very 80's influenced and s/s 05 is nothing that can't be found in thrift-stores. After seeing work of CCP, Linea, etc in real life, the difference in quality is huge and there is true innovation in these works. I can get my slim cut clothing elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
raijin said:
haha, I used to be a big slimane fan, basilmus, but ann D. and others were doing his kind of clothing way before him. The cut,materials,colors are not so original. Thier has been some innovation, but not that much. Being familiar with every collection, I can see this. Luster and Strip had marked similarities and these last 2 collections have not been new at all. Votc is very 80's influenced and s/s 05 is nothing that can't be found in thrift-stores. After seeing work of CCP, Linea, etc in real life, the difference in quality is huge and there is true innovation in these works. I can get my slim cut clothing elsewhere.
Sounds like you know your stuff. What do you do and what kind of clothing have the same slim cut? Are you from the UK?

raijin said:
ann D. and others were doing his kind of clothing way before him.
thanks... :flower:
not many people actually know this.
i love ann :heart:

brian said:
thanks... :flower:
not many people actually know this.
i love ann :heart:
Me too...:wub: I'd take an Ann Dem piece over a Dior Homme piece any day, although I still really love Dior Homme (except for a lot of S/S 05).

AlexN said:
Me too...:wub: I'd take an Ann Dem piece over a Dior Homme piece any day, although I still really love Dior Homme (except for a lot of S/S 05).
Are you guys talking about Ann Demeulemeester? Thought she was only doing womens clothing:blink: ?

basilmus said:
Are you guys talking about Ann Demeulemeester? Thought she was only doing womens clothing:blink: ?
Nope, menswear as well, and she's great at it. I must say I'm a big fan of Hedi's look he created for Dior Homme. The problem now is how to stay interesting within this concept, it must be hard to keep changing it. The silhouette he presented was refreshing, some sort of grunge luxury. I love his accessory line as well. so much better than the Dior female accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"