Dior Magazine #1 Fall / Winter 12.13 : Marion Cotillard by Jean-Baptiste Modino

birdyandme

Reaction score
6a00e54ef964538834017c3.jpg

“It’s another way to communicate luxury,” said (Sidney) Toledano, flipping through the heavy, velvety pages and stressing, “This is not a catalogue. It’s fresh and modern. It’s how we see ourselves; our own maison. I think it translates perfectly the mood of the company right now.”
Source: fashioncopius.typepad.com via wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the styling, her pose, and most of all her expression. Her expression adds so much I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

i agree ^ love her expression, marion looks absolutely stunning. i quite like the layout too!

Marion!! <3 <3 <3 I love her so much. Not sure about the styling adjusting to her age, but she looks beautiful as usual. Looks like a cover of one of those thick fashion books, but I would also love to find this at the newsstand. Love how her lips look on red
Posted via Mobile Device

It's beyond fabulous!!!! Love how they made their logo into a proper cover masthead! Genius, Marion also channels her inner model-à-la Coco Rocha héhé I see :wink:) it's very cool. Obviously I love the clothes, very elegant and chic and the image is reminiscent of those old Vogue 50's dresses and photographs by Ritts and Avedon and that ever charming style so dear to Mr. Christian Dior. Nicely done!

^ I assume that with Ritts you actually mean Penn? Because Ritts is not associated with 50's Vogue at all.

This is such a great image of Marion. I love the way she is styled as well- it certainly harks back to classic Dior.

Contrary to Toledano's statement, it looks like this is just going to be a fancy catalogue available in their boutiques.

Yes, it will only be available in Dior Boutiques, exactly the same as Chanel's '31 Rue Cambon' and the Ralph Lauren Magazine etc etc...

Is it meant to be Dior's Le Monde d'Hermès ?

^I absolutely love ''Le Monde d'Hermès''. I'm not even certain as to exactly how I stumbled upon it, but I've never seen a more packed publication like that. I just wish I can purchase it regularly.

^ I hope it is along the lines of Le Monde d'Hermès too.. the little I've seen from it, it's quite inspirational, definitely makes you value more the entire work, aesthetic and legacy of a house, and what these houses mean in the first place.. which isn't just promoting crazy consumerism but encouraging creativity, appreciation, developing an 'eye' for design, etc.

The cover is gorgeous :heart:. I would normally not be interested in Dior, I wasn't really into the grandiosity of John Galliano's designs, so I have to keep repeating myself that this is the Raf Simons era (still hard to believe Raf is really behind Dior- never in a million years would I have guessed this 6 years ago). I hope it covers a good part of his conception of Dior, too..

^ I assume that with Ritts you actually mean Penn? Because Ritts is not associated with 50's Vogue at all.

yeah sorry I meant Penn, but I was thinking about Ritts' aesthetic ^_^

Whatever become of that Very Dior Magazine that was sent via mail, to Dior card holders? My mother used to receive that on a regular basis.

Don't Dior produced an online magazine also? I find that to be a massive failure. So I doubt I'll have much interest in this particular edition come a few more seasons.

Can anyone go into a store and get this? or is it exclusively for regular clientele?

This is absolutely stunning! The styling and use of colors is excellent and Marion is just simply gorgeous here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->