Dior Men Pre-Fall 2020 by Steven Meisel

The styling looks great, pity about the photography and set design. The lookbook for this line posted here looks way more impressive, however generic.

At least it's not the usual Dior Homme cast. Kohei, Malick, Braien zzzzzzzz.

Louis Vuitton > pedestrian clothes, well-styled, well-executed campaign.
Dior > great clothes, over styled, really pedestrian campaign.

LVMH in a nutshell.

This collection was unnecessary and so is this campaign. When will these brands learn that less is more?

Kim Jones is really like Edward. His Dior is pure name-dropping. I think he loves the idea of working with Meisel (obviously) but he actually don’t know what to do with it...
From Vuitton to here, the campaigns are literally the same.

Meisel does Max Mara and we can all agree that it’s always the same setting but weirdly, each campaign has it identity. This is just a picture that will make the hypebeasts happy...

This collection was unnecessary and so is this campaign. When will these brands learn that less is more?

Now, and probably the hard way. I was really curious as to how the F/W collections presented in February/March are going to be produced and how wholesale accounts are going to be able to pay for their orders etc. Really interesting months ahead.

Well, I suppose prices will be sliced so much that some of us would be able to walk around in head to toe Dior Men. I'd buy that beret. :Pink:

Life & Style Mexico Digital Edition

:sigh: These look like department-store window displays for back-to-school promos. A decade ago, this would be the HF equivalent of Punk’d… :double sigh:

(As for the brand, admittedly there are some decent nondescript tailored pieces that I would wear, easily… But I’d absolutely not spend money on. And that’s Kim’s entire design aesthetic since the beginning of his career: I’ve always been convinced that he is so lucky to have snatched these jobs with these extremely high-profile brands— cuz if he were designing under his own name, nobody would give a crap about him and his design. He’s never brought anything new or fresh, not even an identity. At least Maria Grazia’s Dior has an identity…)

^^^ Holt’s wishes they could achieve even this level of cheapness. The brand is run by witless hacks who only know how to cheapen high fashion to the mid-range department-store aesthetic. And that's being kind.

Last edited:
I’M SCREAMING!!!! Holt Renfrew shade I am living :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Knowing Benn, he was likely shading me thinking I would defend that dump Holt’s… But hahah-- little does he know I’m all too aware of the hack team that signed off on Jarrod Scott looking like a depressed Walmart shopper in their current campaign and running the Holt's brand like it’s Le Chateau and Footlocker…

(God, the Payless Shoe realness of the Chuck's shot is as low as it gets.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"