Dior Men Resort 2022 Paris

^^^ All his hype is paid for. You know, I’d much prefer someone like Jerry Lorenzo at Dior Men than Kim. I wouldn’t touch a lick of FOG, but despite how basic, how corporate Jerry’s designs are, it still possesses more personality than Kim’s.. and we’re talking about hoodies here.

That was I was saying with the archival/heritage house advantage! Of course no one would buy his clothing without the LV or Dior tag! I am not sure anyone on this forum likes him, but he definitely has a loyal base. I love that description of his work “nondescript”. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I find it interesting how he acts so intellectual and sophisticated though. I was watching an interview in which he discussed his personal archive that was filled with art work, old English “royalty” clothing from the likes of Vivienne Westwood and such, and supposedly 6,000 vinyl records. For someone so cultured, how these so called relics do not translate into his work is beyond me. Truly he spends more time collecting than pushing menswear forward, but hey, that is just my opinion.

LOL Yes— a brand is infinitely invaluable for the creatively-bankrupt. God— this man is such a plague of blandness and soullessness: Vuitton, Dior and now Fendi. Of course he would think so highly of himself. When one’s bastardized one high-end label after another to such financial success, it’s understandable why such a lesser would have such delusional grandeurs of his efforts.

I actually dont doubt that he has talents and used to like his designs (and persona) when he was at Dunhill. In fact, I thought he made Dunhill interesting. Or even his designs for Umbro many eons ago..

I started to find things becoming strange after his success from the Supreme LV collection. And things starts to go downhill from there. Dont want to imagine how the new Fendi will turn out in the coming days.... He reminds me of The Devil's Advocate...

This collection really just exposes how much Kim relies on his artistic collaborators. Without them (regardless how terrible some of them might be), you have this. Yawn.

I'll never understand the accolades he gets...and how he's always touted as having his finger on the pulse of what young, beautiful men are wearing??? Because young guys do not dress like this, and if they are, it's only because it's a promotional advertising opportunity and the clothes have been gifted to them.

He's a boomer who wishes he was young and hot. That's it.

I honestly only remember the bags. The clothes are just one big blur. He's very lucky he has such a talented accessories team to carry all the weight. LVMH should have just kept Sylvia at Fendi. She was good at clothes and bags, which this guy clearly is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->