Dior> Pret-a-porter Focus On Jacket

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
091004_25.jpg

about time for Pret-a-Porter growth, surprisingly enough, thats not a bad jacket :shock: even though the photo session is killing it :innocent: :lol:

Dior Making Statement With Jackets

PARIS — Without any bias toward bias cutting, there’s more to John Galliano than drop-dead evening gowns.

That’s a message Christian Dior wants to send this winter by making jackets — curvy and lightly padded — the major statement for its first spring deliveries in late November.

And the French fashion house is putting major star power behind the project. Riley Keough, a budding model who’s the daughter of Lisa Marie Presley and Elvis’ granddaughter, will star in a special jacket-focused campaign, lensed by Nick Knight and styled by Galliano. The spots are expected to break in December fashion magazines in what is described as a “significant” worldwide campaign.

“The objective is to push the day part of ready-to-wear,” said Dior president Sidney Toledano. “John is so famous for gowns, all the casual collections and the knitwear. We want to make a real statement with the jacket because the story of the house starts with tailoring.”

Toledano stressed that Galliano himself was behind the initiative — and to be sure, the designer has been featuring many jackets, sometimes in extreme proportions, in recent collections. It marks a shift for a designer known more for theatricality than nine-to-five dressing.

Toledano said the jacket effort illustrates how couture know-how translates into rtw, as Galliano applied many techniques to the fitting, detailing and finishing of the garments, which are reminiscent of some of the house’s most famous styles.

But they have a strong contemporary edge, from a tiny piercing on the top silver button of a Prince of Wales number to numerous denim styles, some with utility pockets, others with sequin-edged floral appliqués. Fabric options include leather, suede, camouflage print and the signature Dior logo denim.

Toledano declined to pinpoint the results of a summer wholesale effort, but characterized the jackets as “plus” business that helped propel a double-digit gain for the season.

Retail prices for the jackets range from 855 euros, or $1,042 at current exchange, for a jean jacket to 1,816 euros, or $2,213, for a Prince of Wales checked version, to 4,868 euros, or $5,934, for a style with sequins and embroidery

from wwd

Thank you for this Lena :flower:

The jacket is cool :heart:
Someone please tell me why they are using Riley as the star of the campaign :doh:

Lovely jacket and top, but the shoes got to go!

i think everything but the jacket needs to ..GO

you are welcome guys :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 15 2004, 05:13 PM
i think everything but the jacket needs to ..GO

you are welcome guys :flower:
[snapback]368053[/snapback]​

Yes I forgot to mention the pants are bad too.....Lena can you believe we actually agree on Dior this time :o

LOL

I really like that jacket, don't like anything else. They could've done so much more with it style-wise. Paired over one of John's classic bias cut numbers it would've looked great.

might have looked great spike...but sort of defeating the purpose of 'getting away from the bias cut gown that galliano is known for' ...which i believe is the whole point of the campaign... ^_^

thanks for the article lena...very interesting marketing strategy...very...
galliano is very clever isn't he?!?!....

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 15 2004, 09:49 PM
might have looked great spike...but sort of defeating the purpose of 'getting away from the bias cut gown that galliano is known for' ...which i believe is the whole point of the campaign... ^_^

thanks for the article lena...very interesting marketing strategy...very...
galliano is very clever isn't he?!?!....
[snapback]368824[/snapback]​
Hey, if it aint broke, don't fix it ya know? :P

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Sep 15 2004, 06:21 PM
.....Lena can you believe we actually agree on Dior this time :o

LOL
[snapback]368144[/snapback]​

:lol: well, nothing is impossible right?

softgrey, i dont think it was Galliano's idea, the management seem to be having enough with the poor Pret-a-Porter sale figures at Dior :ninja:

Originally posted by Spike413@Sep 15 2004, 09:41 PM
I really like that jacket, don't like anything else. They could've done so much more with it style-wise. Paired over one of John's classic bias cut numbers it would've looked great.
[snapback]368813[/snapback]​
you mean you dont like the rasta bustier! how dare you! :o :P

the jacket is very nice, great shape...everything else is ugly :sick:

Originally posted by Spike413@Sep 16 2004, 10:41 AM
[snapback]368813[/snapback]​
Ditto. That's a very nice jacket...

I love the jacket, and I also love the pants, paired up with something else would look super cool :heart: B)

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 16 2004, 01:56 AM

softgrey, i dont think it was Galliano's idea, the management seem to be having enough with the poor Pret-a-Porter sale figures at Dior :ninja:
[snapback]369027[/snapback]​

i was going by this quote from the article lena.. :flower:

Toledano stressed that Galliano himself was behind the initiative — and to be sure, the designer has been featuring many jackets, sometimes in extreme proportions, in recent collections. It marks a shift for a designer known more for theatricality than nine-to-five dressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->