Dior Sunglasses

Hutzan said:
The "Bondage" glasses I believe were from S/S 2004 and for some reason I remember them being called the punk glasses. The ones in that picture are the non rhinestoned ones, the sparkles you see are just the makeup. I saw the iced out ones in Paris at some huge sunglass emporium for something like $1200 Euro.
S/S 03. They also had another plastic kind that were called punk (I think)...Those I found at Off 5th but not in any wearable colors.

These sunglasses used to be all over ebay, running for around 800 for the covered in crystal version.

there is a photo of paris hilton wearing the 'punk' sunglasses.

Clearly they've made the crystals less dense on the 'for sale' version of these sunglasses so I'm sure they'd be alright to see out of. The runway versions would be literally impossible.

Meg said:
there is a photo of paris hilton wearing the 'punk' sunglasses.
Yep, I remember she wore them on the first Simple Life...
Dior F/W 03 (I loved this collection)
00121.L.JPG

firstview

Diorling said:
*They were called the bondage, right? Here they are...just the ones I wanted were covered in crystals (except for the lens)
no, those are called dior punk. i have those in the swarovski crystal version, gift from an ex.

Diorling said:
Dior F/W 03 (I loved this collection)
these aren't punks, i forgot the names of these... but they're basically just a headband...

these are mine... the 'dior punk strass' ...

dior_punkstrass_9f8vu

puremoda

brian said:
no, those are called dior punk. i have those in the swarovski crystal version, gift from an ex.
whats her number, I want a pair :brows::rofl: Im just joking, I tried them on, and they looked really bad on me because they were too small, they just didnt look right...

as for these, im 99% sure that they look better on the runway, and you will look stupid with them on casually, but i still love them too :heart:

Mr. Fabulous said:
I'm most-likely sure that there might be a thread about these sunglasses, if so mods, i appologize. But I think they're soooo funky. :P I'd love to see them around, I can't wait till we're able to get a hold of them, that is if I can. Does anyone know anything about them?

these from f/w 06 are called REMOVE... the catwalk version was a lot better but you could barely see out of it, the entire thing was covered in crystals. the commercial version has less crystals on it so you can see a bit better.

brian those are gorgeous :buzz: dior f/w 03, has to be a favourite collection for both rtw and couture, its so strange how then rtw and couture were so different...now rtw is always like the previous couture :ermm:

JR1 said:
whats her number, I want a pair :brows::rofl: Im just joking, I tried them on, and they looked really bad on me because they were too small, they just didnt look right...

as for these, im 99% sure that they look better on the runway, and you will look stupid with them on casually, but i still love them too :heart:

:lol: i look a little silly with them on--i haven't worn them in 2 years... plus, bad memories :sick:
but they are quite stunning in their own way...sparkle like nobody's business...

Last edited by a moderator:
JR1 said:
brian those are gorgeous :buzz: dior f/w 03, has to be a favourite collection for both rtw and couture, its so strange how then rtw and couture were so different...now rtw is always like the previous couture :ermm:
f/w 03 rtw was the first fashion show i ever went to... what an amazing first go!! i was stunned, and everytime i watch the video i fall in love again and again... :heart:

but no, that's not how dior works-- the haute couture always inspires the ready to wear but it works in chronological order: spring couture influences fall rtw... fall couture influences spring rtw... check s/s 03 haute couture, you can see the similarities between it and f/w 03 rtw... ^_^

i also went to the show for f/w 03 couture... i really love that one; probably my favourite dior show especially since it had the elements of spain in it... it was really motivational... you can also see how it inspired the d'trick show....

BRIAN! Ill buy those Punk strass from you...

And I was thinking "wheres Brian so he can clear everything up for us?"

Yes, sorry...i got confused then...I was thinking f/w03couture -> f/w03rtw...:doh: Your so lucky you got to see that show, imo they were the best dior shows...the f/w03 couture is the best...im listening to the soundtrack now, i just wish i had the video...i remembered ages ago though, i hated it...but i still punch myself now for thinking that...

Wow, those must be a pain to see through :blink:
I like how they look, but I wouldn't want to wear them because they look like they would make my eyes hurt from trying too hard to see clearly :lol:

And I was about to say the same thing as Brian; Those slim glasses were called 'Punk'. Didn't someone wear them in a music video a while back? Eve, or someone? I remember seeing them floating around on ebay too, I think they were around $900 around the time I got the dior Fire glasses (for my mom) I don't think the Punk glasses would look good on me, but the crystal covered ones sure are spectacular.

Mr. Fabulous said:
soo..guys, how much do you think they'll range?
I dont know, Im leaning toward 700-900...

Because the pair I have, have literally 1/10 the amount of crystals they're using on those, and mine were 330...

look what I found :P : 6880029499

And at about twice the ebay price of the glasses when they came out.:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->