Dior Surf Chick

it wouldn't be so bad if the fabric print weren't so sh*tty.

This will definetly go down in FS history as one of the worst lines ever produced. :lol: :sick:

it makes me sad, though. i used to love dior, they had the most luxurious, beautiful clothes. i don't know what is happening..but it's scaring me. :cry:

Originally posted by crystalized@Mar 21st, 2004 - 6:47 am
it makes me sad, though. i used to love dior, they had the most luxurious, beautiful clothes. i don't know what is happening..but it's scaring me. :cry:
My sentiments exactly. :( :(

I have a (horrible!) feeling inside that John Galliano may (secretly) be leaving Dior soon, so he produced all of this trash (and the entire Fall 04 runway show/collection) as if saying "f you" ??? i don't even know, but I hope not. I'd probably cry.. :unsure:

But I'm being positive and hoping that this isn't the truth. And I really don't think it is. Let's just hope that John gets his sh*t together soon and starts being more serious instead of producing more trash (which will probably make tons of $ for Dior anyway so it might not technically be "bad" ... !??!?)

:unsure: :/

i am a surfer and this entire idea makes me want to throw up. surfers are the anti-thesis of Dior. Rich, high maintenance and fashionable. ridiculous. if i see anyone in the water wearing that, or using those boards I will be the first to kick their ***es out of the water.

btw, roxy isnt even a true surf brand in my book, its a reaction to all the surf chicks in the water. true surf brands use surfers who are actually good, not just attractive in their campaigns.

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Mar 21st, 2004 - 11:47 pm
i am a surfer and this entire idea makes me want to throw up. surfers are the anti-thesis of Dior. Rich, high maintenance and fashionable. ridiculous. if i see anyone in the water wearing that, or using those boards I will be the first to kick their ***es out of the water.

Could you imagine the really flighty girls who will buy this and try to use the surf boards (even if they dont know how to surf)?

Like, Oh my god! You totally got WAX on my Dior Surfboard... YOU b*tch!

:cat claws: :hair pulling: :calls to daddy:

Originally posted by luna+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:41 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luna @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 12:41 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-oceanharlot@Mar 21st, 2004 - 11:47 pm

Could you imagine the really flighty girls who will buy this and try to use the surf boards (even if they dont know how to surf)?

Like, Oh my god! You totally got WAX on my Dior Surfboard... YOU b*tch!

:cat claws: :hair pulling: :calls to daddy: [/b][/quote]
:lol: I can just hear it...

Originally posted by ebatesy23@Mar 19th, 2004 - 10:57 pm
mmm...i mean i hope this doens't make it to australia...even the chanel surf stuff was better a few seasons back...and the surfboard was classy for surfer wannabes...

i mean, billabong and roxy are allt the go, i don't think dior will be able to make it into that market, way to upper class trashy...and any surfer would get honed on for using a dior surfboard.
fyi-that chanel surfboard was never produced...it was a prop and i believe karl gave it away at the end of the season...for some reason i think kate moss has it...anyway...chanel did not ever enter the surfboard business...

again...as much as i dislike this stuff personally, i think it will sell...it's like d&g...there is a market out there...as long as it says dior somewhere on it-preferably somewhere highly visible...people are gonna buy it...

looks very south beach to me...

:flower:

Didn't Gucci have a collection of surfboards a while back from like 3 grand?? As a surfer, I think it's completely ridiculous to spend extra money on a piece of foam and glass because it says Gucci or Dior on it. It is the same material as a regular $500 surfboard. If my friends and I every saw a "dior" or "gucci" surfer on the lineup, I think I would die laughing then tell them to get off the lineup and give them no waves! :P

Originally posted by Diesel21@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 10:54 am
Didn't Gucci have a collection of surfboards a while back from like 3 grand?? As a surfer, I think it's completely ridiculous to spend extra money on a piece of foam and glass because it says Gucci or Dior on it. It is the same material as a regular $500 surfboard. If my friends and I every saw a "dior" or "gucci" surfer on the lineup, I think I would die laughing then tell them to get off the lineup and give them no waves! :P
i don't think there's any real danger of that...as you said...no self-respecting surfer is going to buy one...it's really just beachwear... :flower:

i just remembered that a few months back, there was a cover of a surfing mag, where someone made a LV murakami-esque print board for the cover dude to use for a shot.

Everyone keeps saying that Galliano is doing so bad here. But I have to ask, what else can you expect from the man? I don't feel that any of his collections were that fantasticly designed. He makes clothes for trashy sluts with credit cards more than he does for people who really care about fashion. All of his "couture" collection have been over-the-top dresses being worn by models that have large pieces of unnatural rods comming out of their heads. It is really ridiculous that he gets all of his acclaim. There is a market for things with logos splattered on them, and there is nothing wrong with that, but it is about all Galliano is good for.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 5:54 pm
He makes clothes for trashy sluts with credit cards more than he does for people who really care about fashion.
I guess this is true.
I know a lot of "dancers," "women of the night" and dominatrixes who went wild for the latex rubber clothing and 7" heels Galliano did for the Fall-Winter season last year ;D ;D

I must admit I loved that stuff too. It was sexy, and a lot nicer than some of the trash he's coming up with as of late :/

437147-l.jpg

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Mar 21st, 2004 - 11:47 pm
btw, roxy isnt even a true surf brand in my book, its a reaction to all the surf chicks in the water. true surf brands use surfers who are actually good, not just attractive in their campaigns.
Quicksilver is Roxy's parent label. Are they not a true surf brand either? I don't know what you mean by "a reaction to all the surf chicks in the water". Surf chicks need cool clothes too. Billabong and many other brands have been making girls' clothes for years. I have also seen Roxy use true female surfers in their ads.

Originally posted by crystalized@Mar 19th, 2004 - 2:18 pm
maybe it's just me, but what is the point in a christian dior surfboard? :doh:
Same as the point of a Burberry skateboard.
B_Skateboard.jpg

Oh yeah, it's authentic.

those ads are atrocious....though there is definitely a market out there for Dior surfwear, i think there is probably a bigger population of people disgusted at the decline of Dior's reputation as a luxe fashion house.
i mean....SURFWEAR?! :( going very down-market if you ask me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->