Discussing Fw04 Season

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
a quite hillarious little piece from wwd, in which Mizrahi sounds bitter-ish and a bit clueless too :innocent:

MEMBERS OF THE BORED: By this point, most retailers and fashion editors are ready to forgo any further dissection of fall runway trends, but Bergdorf Goodman’s Robert Burke, Neiman Marcus’ Sandra Wilson, Linda Dresner and Cathy Horyn and Allure’s Kristin Perrotta proved heartier than most Wednesday afternoon at a panel discussion, moderated by Isaac Mizrahi. It was organized by Marylou Luther and The Fashion Group Foundation and billed as “New York, London, Milan & Paris Collections 2004/05.”

Regarding the flamboyance at Alexander McQueen and John Galliano for Christian Dior, Mizrahi said, “Is there a club scene I’m missing? Because I don’t see that kind of hair and makeup anywhere.” :rolleyes:

Burke recalled more mundane moments. After seeing scads of capelets, furs, brooches and skirts, Burke said, “There was a certain point in Paris where I didn’t remember what I did see, what I didn’t see and where it was from.” :lol:

When Wilson mentioned another trend, the round-toe pump, Mizrahi chimed in, “Mine are at Target, by the way, for $29.” :rolleyes:

The Target-happy designer was chirpier about his competition. While Horyn was giving Christopher Bailey and Hedi Slimane two thumbs-up for how they do the mix, -i so agree- Mizrahi asked, “Who’s that?” referring to Bailey of Burberry. “How would I know that?” :blink:

Later, when Horyn likened Bergdorf’s having 14 women select outfits for its fashion week window displays to reality TV, Mizrahi said, “That’s a good idea. Do you want to pitch it with me?”

Indeed, Mizrahi sounds bitter-ish but nonetheless clueless, too. :rolleyes:

Thanks Lena! :kiss:

i certainly dont mind him when he's not making a fool out of himself :P

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 8th, 2004 - 4:02 am
i certainly dont mind him when he's not making a fool out of himself :P
:lol: I hear you Lena!

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 8th, 2004 - 2:00 am
Burke recalled more mundane moments. After seeing scads of capelets, furs, brooches and skirts, Burke said, “There was a certain point in Paris where I didn’t remember what I did see, what I didn’t see and where it was from.”   :lol:
sooooo true :wacko:

As far as I can remember, he's always been a cocky little baggage. I don't see this wisecracking as being anything particularly out of character.

That said, I used to really like the evening wear he used to design, and some of his stuff for Target (my fave discount store anyway) is pretty cute, though I have not bought any of it, myself.

He's not as vile as Karl Lagerfeldt, but he is still pretty obnoxious. A little bit of bile goes a long, long way.

Puuuhhllleease, Mizrahi belongs in Target. He never had talent, he only got anywhere because Karla loved him, if you know what I mean. My prediction, in 5 years - Jacobs for Walmart!!!

Originally posted by faust@Apr 8th, 2004 - 3:38 pm
Puuuhhllleease, Mizrahi belongs in Target. He never had talent, he only got anywhere because Karla loved him, if you know what I mean. My prediction, in 5 years - Jacobs for Walmart!!!
:rofl: j'adore the Mizrahi - Karla connection, as for him 'belonging' to target :lol: :innocent:

Mizrahi should pick better subjects for his wisecracking. Christopher Bailey's got talent up the wazoo, talent that doesn't even exist in the nether regions of Mizrahi's wildest imagination....

I mean, one's revitalizing Burberry, the other's settled for designing for Target. Now who exactly has more right to do the wisecracking now? :ninja:

with you orochian :flower:

the recent burberry collection is adorable and so VERY well styled :heart:

I kind of feel sorry for him though, I believe he's an incredible talent at the wrong house. Burberry has got branding problems that even a beautifully designed Prorsum collection can't solve.

That's precisely why Roberto Menichetti walked out before Bailey took over, though he was doing some wonderful things for the house, and was actually the one who spearheaded its recent transformation.

isaac mizrahi has got a LOT of personal baggage and issues...about his weight, hair, talent, etc...he so desperately wants to be a star...i find it very unpleasant to watch or hear about....

he's like a charicature of a bitchy gay fashion designer... :shock:

he's like an annoying jewish princess...oy... :doh:

FASHION MEAN

WHAT happens when members of New York's fashion scene get together for a discussion on next season's trends and are mediated by a flamboyant designer? All hell breaks loose. Case in point: last week's panel discussion about next autumn's runway trends, which included Bergdorf Goodman's Robert Burke, Neiman Marcus' Sandra Wilson, Linda Dresner and Cathy Horyn and was presided over by Isaac Mizrahi. Organised by The Fashion Group Foundation and entitled New York, London, Milan & Paris Collections 2004/05, the discussion turned ugly when talk turned to the flamboyance at Alexander McQueen and John Galliano for Christian Dior. Mizrahi said: "Is there a club scene I’m missing? Because I don’t see that kind of hair and makeup anywhere." And when Horyn reviewed Christopher Bailey's catwalk offerings, Mizrahi asked, "Who's that?"

this is from UK vogue

Haha, there can be a lot of discrepancies when discussing something as creative as fashion, but I guess people should learn not to launch personal attacks and hold grudges. It would be soooo boring if everyone's idea of fashion was the same!

It is my impression that Mizhari views himself as a misunderstood genius (and maybe he is...). It looks like he's only nice to his dog...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->