DIY Mcqueen Kimono Jacket

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:woot: cant wait :flower:

MAKING A MCQUEEN: It's the moment cyber-fashionistas have been waiting for —SHOWstudio.com, Nick Knight's Web site, will on March 2 post an exclusive jacket pattern by Alexander McQueen. The kimono-style jacket is from McQueen's fall 2003 collection where it was made in black striped silk. In the past, John Galliano, Yohji Yamamoto and Julie Verhoeven have offered up previous patterns for the site.
:heart:

from wwd

wow! I have never heard of such a thing. I'm assuming you order the pattern? How much would it go for?

its a free download from showstudio.com already done in the past with patterns from galliano etc :wink:

Oooh! Sounds like fun. Do you have to subscribe to the site or anything? I love kimono-style things. I have an awesome 1970s pattern for a couple of kimono-inspired tops. Marvy!

How do the online patterns work? You print it out in sections, then tape the sections together? Is it size graded, or do they just offer one pattern in a general size (like 34" bust) and then you have to size it up or down, as necessary? That is not a problem for me; I am used to re-sizeing patterns, and I can hand-draft as necessary.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Feb 20th, 2004 - 6:09 pm
Oooh! Sounds like fun. Do you have to subscribe to the site or anything? I love kimono-style things. I have an awesome 1970s pattern for a couple of kimono-inspired tops. Marvy!

How do the online patterns work? You print it out in sections, then tape the sections together? Is it size graded, or do they just offer one pattern in a general size (like 34" bust) and then you have to size it up or down, as necessary? That is not a problem for me; I am used to re-sizeing patterns, and I can hand-draft as necessary.
i think you might need to resize as-you-like-it and i think the patern comes in pdf files to print and re-size from there.

showstudio.com is the fantastic fashion/art site of famous fashion photographer Nick Knight.
It's free for all, no need for membership, absolutely worths a visit :flower:

anyone has a pic of the jacket?
i wanna c
is it available yet?

OOhhh!
Great news!
I downloaded the Yamamoto!
And the Galliano pirate jacket was so complex!
I wonder which kimono jacket will it be ...
I secretly hope is this one ... :heart: :heart:
00141.L.JPG

Or this one
00151.L.JPG

Originally posted by blumarine@Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:45 pm
OOhhh!
Great news!
00141.L.JPG

Or this one
00151.L.JPG
so how did the Galliano and Yamamoto jackets go?
were they any good?
:woot: i want to make one too!
but i'm too scared! :wacko:
can't wait for them to come out!

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:57 am
Sounds cool. I need someone, too, to do it for me. :innocent:
but that's not DIY right?
hahaha... :D
u r cute!

Originally posted by tortoisie+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 4:39 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tortoisie @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 4:39 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:57 am
Sounds cool. I need someone, too, to do it for me. :innocent:
but that's not DIY right?
hahaha... :D
u r cute! [/b][/quote]
:smartass:

Originally posted by tortoisie+Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:53 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tortoisie @ Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:53 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-blumarine@Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:45 pm
OOhhh!
Great news!
so how did the Galliano and Yamamoto jackets go?
were they any good?
:woot: i want to make one too!
but i'm too scared! :wacko:
can't wait for them to come out! [/b][/quote]
the Galliano was too complex, I didn't even bothered to give the pattern to the lady who makes clothes for me ...
The Yamamoto I loved! Maybe it still is on Showstudio.com's archives!
I'll guess the McQueen will come in PDF (Adobe) format ...
I wanna see which one is!!!

i remember the galliano :wacko: pattern.........

i want this jacket :ninja: i would really screw it up tho' :lol:
is it up yet??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->