Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hi,
could you please elaborate the term "luxury brands" as it might be many different brands depending on who is reading this.
thanks
:flower:

I'm interested in thoughts on what London Fashion Week represents - it is known for showing up and coming and emerging designers, and supporting young talent. But what about the industry heavyweights? Burberry, Alexander McQueen? Gareth Pugh was discovered in London and left as soon as he could afford it. So my question really is, do luxury brands - and by this I mean high fashion labels - have a place in LFW? Do they belong?

Most big brands show in Paris and Milan. Mcqueen shows womenswear in Paris and mesn in Milan and Burberry shows in Milan. London is mainly for the the up and coming.

New and hot is LFWs forte as you mention..
I was going to mention one british luxury fashion house that does show on LFW - Asprey.. but last time they showed at fashion week was F/W 08.09 if I recall correctly..

I dont understand what you mean by asking this...

There are plenty of 'luxury' brands showing at LFW (Aquascutum, Jaeger, Mulberry, Paul Smith etc etc) that account for a large part of the British fashion industry, why wouldnt they have a place showing at LFW?

Any fashion week is essentially a trade show for luxury goods.

If your talking about brands with 'fashion kudos' there's still Christopher Kane, Giles, Peter Pilotto, Todd Lynn, Marios Schwab etc etc etc etc
I wouldnt say Gareth Pugh was any more of a Luxury brand than the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->