Do Most Models Love The Industry?

model_mom

Reaction score
Do you all think that most models love the life that they have or just do it for the money. I think that it is a much harder life than most people realize and wanted to know what you all think. It seems like if you were really busy working all of the time that it would be okay, but the times that are slow would be lonely (being away from friends/family). I think that it is hard especially on the younger models.
Comments? :unsure:

I think that most of them DO like it.. even though it IS very hard work.. being so busy and away from family/friends etc.. ofcourse there's always the ones who do it just for the big buckss.. I would most definitely :heart: it!!

It really depends. In my model apartment at the moment, there are about 5 or 6 girls.

There is the girl who goes to bed at 10pm and wakes up at 7am, it doesn't matter whether or not she has to work the next day. Never parties, always taking care of herself, on the phone with her mom constantly, and just happens to be working with the top photographers, walking in major shows, and is only 17.

There is the 18 who works a ton, but parties every single night.

22 year old girl who parties every night, and doesn't work.

19 year old, was soo innocent at the beginning of the summer, now she's out of control, but working every single day. Doesn't really seem like she wants it any more :(.

19 year old who was on the rise, superstar this girl, got sucked up in partying.

Our lives are almost too easy. Drugs are too easy, Alcohol is too easy.

Some girls forget why they are in the best market in the world, new york city, and get caught up in the night life and aren't really into the whole modeling thing any more. It doesn't matter who it is, whether or not they're working, we'll find SOMETHING to complain about.

I personally LOVE it and wouldn't trade it for the world. I will say, I kind of lost touch with how much I realy really really wanted to succeed. All it takes is a roommate that works a ton, making me uber jealous, putting me back on track. :wink:

What someone takes out of a sitaution is really up to themselves. :flower:

thank you, almostfamous, for your post!!! It's really cool to hear how the models lives look like from an insider!!!

great insight and so wise almostfamous :flower:

i do it for the money. i used to want the fame and the glamour, but now that just seems silly. right now i am rather lonely, and i still have two weeks left, but thats what you have to do to get anywhere. im moving to new york this fall, and my boyfriends moving in the winter with me. he'll keep me company, so ill be fine. but being 17 and suddenly on your own all the time can be a kick in the head. leaving is always the hardest part, but im good once i get here. but boy do my phone minutes suffer! id probably be a lot happier if i didnt have to leave my boyfriend all the time, this business isnt really made for the involved, but what can ya do. im graduating early this year, spending an entire year on modeling, and entering FIT in the fall next year. the real job i am aiming for is a fashion designer, being /slash model will only help, i figure.

im very responsible when it comes to this career, its too easy to get messed up in the hype. i dont drink, do drugs, or party, i never have. the only reason im ever at party is to see the celebs :blush:

and boy walking to meetings every day in the below 0 temps is a pain in the ***! but its all worth it in the end :wink:

Thanks for the insight. You all sound like really bright girls. I always wonder if my daughter's feelings are shared by other models. She is young also and is often very..very lonely. Her goal is have a ranch someday and breed horses. She is a country girl and finds it hard in NYC. I miss her so much and often wonder if it is all worth it. She seems to be okay once she is up in New York, but like Sasha says...leaving is the hardest part for her.

Thanks again for your comments. I just wanted to see how other models felt and how they handle the situation. :flower:

I know some girls who have alot of trouble with the industry, all of the pressure/stress and being away from home, but I think most of them enjoy it. Once when I interviewed Agyness for my blog she said she loves everything about the industry, even the stuff she doesn't really like - which I think means that even though there is some bad stuff, it's worth it in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->