Do You Have a Food Allergy/Intolerance?

I have suspected fructose intolerance. It really messes up my stomach. I'm having a breath test to confirm it in the next couple of weeks.

So I had my breath tests a long time ago as well as many other tests, and I actually don't have a Fructose Intolerance (much to my surprise!), however, my gastroenterolgist has diagnosed me with IBS, which can respond in the same way to fructose. I've been referred now to a dietician.

Belowen, apples and pears have a higher fructose-to-glucose ratio - so it could be the fructose that is causing you trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
^some people are non-responder. they have a negative test but they actually are fructose intolerant. you can easily check it at home. before you eat anything in the morning, drink a large class of fruit juice. And also I read a lot that those breath tests were doing wrong. too much fructose or too less breathalyse. do you know how high your number was?
and if he diagnosed you with IBS, check out the low fodmap diet. I am trying this right now. (I am diagnosed with fructose and lactose)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->