Do You PayLess?

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
Okay.. I just went into payless today randomly when I was doing my Bored Shopping...

I found two cute pairs of shoes (buy one get second half off!) :lol: ...
black open toed slingbacks and a pair of black and white marc jacobs knockoffs.. lol.. they made me laugh, but they're cute so i had to get them..

Anyways, I'm just curious how many of you are Pro-Payless.. or Payless-phobic.

i havent so far but there was a payless union sq. NYC and i walked past it every day.
i wouldnt buy formal shoes but maybe flip flops :wink: . i got some issues when it comes to shoes. they really gotta be great quality and def leather. otherwise i actually wont be able to walk in them even 1 minute.... feet just hurt :cry:

They make some of their shoes out of real leather and I've bought a pair of those before. I have a problem with fake leather too, it cracks and makes your feet smelly :yuk: . I've been scammed by cheap shoes so often that now I actually check the label to see if it's genuine leather.

Right before going out for my bday dinner, I lost one of my shoes, so I ran out to payless to get a pair of basic black pumps ...they were having the same sale so i found a clearance pair of slippers for $8 and got the pumps for $4... surprisingly the pumps have held up very well...

also, when they have that sale, i like to get trouser socks to wear under boots and such

haha. Im' wearing my slingbacks now to break them in... I think it all depends on the style of the shoe... and if its comfortable... I dont give a crap if they're designer... I'll buy from payless if I see something I like :wink:

i have bought exactly 3 pairs of shoes from there..

one are completely ugly an im just realizing it now :rolleyes:
the other are all stretched out after 3 weeks of wearing probably 3 days a week
the other i wear once a year and are still in good condition

but now..i refuse to shop there..too cheap..may as well just spend the money on more expensive and higher quality shoes

Originally posted by hilfiger10025@Mar 18th, 2004 - 11:17 pm
i have bought exactly 3 pairs of shoes from there..

one are completely ugly an im just realizing it now :rolleyes:
the other are all stretched out after 3 weeks of wearing probably 3 days a week
the other i wear once a year and are still in good condition

but now..i refuse to shop there..too cheap..may as well just spend the money on more expensive and higher quality shoes
thats what i do. i just save up in order to buy the best shoes quality wise once in a while :wink:

I've never seen anything remotely cute at Payless, ever. I find cuter, more stylish shoes shoes at Target and Rack Room than at Payless. Maybe the one in my area is not a good one?

:unsure: I grew up wearing payless shoes, and thanks to that, I have developed bunions, corns, and yes, if they are vinyl they will make your feet smell. Not to mention, some of their shoes have literally just fallen apart when I used to wear them (glue came apart, etc.). So, I would buy them only if you're going to wear them once, or not all the time. After years of wearing Payless shoes, I'd rather go for Doc Martens, Skechers, Converse. Dansko... things that last a long time, and don't sacrifice you're foot's health.

I definately would if I found something I like..but that hasn't been the case as of now

Originally posted by Aziandoll@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:43 pm
:unsure: I grew up wearing payless shoes, and thanks to that, I have developed bunions, corns, and yes, if they are vinyl they will make your feet smell.
Bunions and corns are hereditary and I know people who have them and only wear expensive well made shoes. Sounds like you were wearing shoes that didn't fit and you can't blame that on Payless.

Anyway, I buy my 3 year old shoes from there...very cute styles and sturdy.

Hum ... my brother destroys shoes on a weekly basis, that's why my mum buys stuff for him from there -most of the time- ... the thing's I'm not quite sure of their quality .. generally, I don't mind about the label if I like something and it's well-made ... but Payless hasnt convinced me -so far-
PS I'm talking about the menswear ... even though I complain about quality, I'll guess those hard-helmet-worker-type (STANLEY) leather shoes may last forever ...

I can't do the Payless thing. It's not a snobbery issue--I have seen some pretty cute stuff in there. It is a horrible, malformed feet issue.

Low arches, super-long toes, and a prominent bunion on my right foot. I have to have a good quality shoe in a wide width, and I have yet to find something at Payless that doesn't have me grimacing with discomfort before I've even completed my trial lap up and down the shoe store floor.

Thank you ballet and genetics. Obviously, I don't wear sandals, either. :sick: My feet are so nasty.

I don't think I've ever been in one. The next time I pass one, I'll look in just to see what this it's like.

I bought ONE pair of shoes this summer. I have worn them ZERO times. They hurt my feet badly but I still bought them because they're an exact replica of a pair of shoes Audrey Hepburn had (pointy flats with a buckley) and they were only $10...

Originally posted by esiders+Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esiders @ Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Aziandoll@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:43 pm
:unsure: I grew up wearing payless shoes, and thanks to that, I have developed bunions, corns, and yes, if they are vinyl they will make your feet smell.
Bunions and corns are hereditary and I know people who have them and only wear expensive well made shoes. Sounds like you were wearing shoes that didn't fit and you can't blame that on Payless.

Anyway, I buy my 3 year old shoes from there...very cute styles and sturdy. [/b][/quote]
Bunions and corns are caused by wearing tight fitting footwear. How can they be hereditary? My mother and grandmother have them because they only wore high heeled tight fitting shoes all their lives. I never did and I don't have bunions or corns.

It doesnt matter how expensive the shoes are - if they are high and have no laces or buckles, then they'll have to be quite tight to stay on your foot.
You only have to look at the likes of Posh Spice who only wears the best quality shoes and has had to have bunions removed to see that it doesnt matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtletulip413
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->