Do You Wear Band T-Shirts?

i don't really have any old school band t-shirts... just things from concerts i myself have attended.

love to wear them under a blazer to work every now and then, though.
i don't have anything that would really be inappropriate at work. and i work in fashion so there's a bit more leeway in terms of our wardrobe choices

i'm wearing them pretty regularly now...

i've gone to so many shows in recent years (pre CV19) that my band shirt collection has increased tremendously...

:mohawk:

Only if I like the band! (my great white whale is a CSS tshirt but the only one I've ever seen is one that sold on Grailed yearssss ago before I could get to it:( time to DIY I guess since the band themselves says they love it when fans DIYed shirts for their gigs). My one rule is NO polyester blends though, that knocks out a lot of shirts. I'm still looking for an Oasis one that I actually like, preferably in a loose fit and black.

I would also love a BTS shirt from their HYYH tour, the design and the Chinese characters are so pretty. I had one from their Love Yourself gig that I went to but I don't like the design as much, the writing is a bit too minimalistic for my liking.

I've always loved the look of metal band shirts (the fonts and graphics are so elaborate) but I'm old-school enough to think you actually have to be a fan to wear the shirt so I'm not going to be getting one anytime soon.

^ I agree! I cannot think of a band I love sufficiently to wear their shirt :wink: My graphic Ts tend to have a social justice theme.

I've always hated graphic tees, and band tees are no exception. The only graphic tees I own are a Sofia Coppola one and a Pedro Almodóvar one and I exclusively use them to sleep in lol

I've always loved the look of metal band shirts (the fonts and graphics are so elaborate) but I'm old-school enough to think you actually have to be a fan to wear the shirt so I'm not going to be getting one anytime soon.
probably the band is new to a lot of the customers there. without any attachments, even the hard rock image might be consumed under the category of cute. more of the autonomy of the work and less of biographical info, original thoughts, meanings, or intentions. the advantage of object over authorship, and subject (the seer) put before object (the seen). the work can speak more free here. but this is only possible in your solitude.

but if the print is of any japanese band, they might hardly buy it there at junya watanabe while they could buy it somewhere else. because, for them, it is less of fashion than a souvenir item.

maybe it's a matter of distance. I have not worn anything with kanji /chinese characters, katakana, hiragana printed on it, since I wore a "海が好き" T shirt just for fun somewhere during the high school days. it's too close. to life. like jeans worn by miners in mines. it was when worn in the cities that made jeans a fashion item.

I had zero hesitation in wearing a helmut lang T with "reykjavik" on the chest.
also I wore a couple of madonna and child with two angels printed lang t-shirts in different colors.
japan is full of old customs with buddhism origin. but basically you would not see people wearing things with buddhistic prints. the minority who love both of these, domestic letters and buddhistic motif, used to be yakuza and motorcycle gangs. ( today's yakuza doesn't look like yakuza but blends in with the masses.)
and now it's yohji. for example, SS2002 for the buddhism season.

so when yohji does those things, they have this agonizing meaning of negating fashion by means of fashion.
the intention and circumstances might not be very clear outside of the country. but the work itself gets independent and you can take it freely then.

306408251_665407161243453_2367259417038035501_n.jpg

308467771_1139505216976833_6803543131406299056_n.jpg

15117d91620d46c82612a9e569fc1a33.jpg

junyawatanabe ikebukuro and shibuya
pinterest

I'm wearing a Franz Ferdinand tshirt from their first tour!

I wear metal band t shirts regularly. Morbid Angel, Dissection, etc.

I have my eye on a Yeah Yeah Yeahs shirt, I love the graphics on it.

I still have ones for Franz Ferdinand, Chromatics and White Stripes, they're all 15+ years old at this point but I'm not giving them up (the Franz Ferdinand one is from 2004 so will be 20 years old this year)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->