Doc Martens revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
does any one have any ideas how to soften them up a bit, myn crease me :(.. now they have gone not as popular again around here and its very wet weather i think its time to dig them out again...

I really want a pair but i've got size 41 feet.. Do they make your feet look bigger? Also, do they creat 'cankles'?????

You might be alarmed at first, but you gradually get used to how your feet look. I have size 41 feet too and I dont think they look any bigger than usual. My blog has plenty of pics of me wearing them so it's up for you to judge.

On the right person docs look effortlessly cool. But on me, they look a little horrible!!!

Love Doc Martens! Just bought a pair of cool patent leather ones!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of 16 eye ones and I love them :smile: They make my feet look big though (I'm a uk womens 8) despite the fact that I'm 5"8, but nonetheless I adore them. I broke them in by wandering around my house in them for a couple of weeks. I also have a pair of high heeled boots that look almost exactly like Dr Martens, but they're actually from London Rebel.

I'm planning on buying a pair of purple ones next...

In the late '90 I used to wear my sister's black ones, even if they were plenty of holes. I was in the grunge period. Last year was the All start black velvet tall ones, and now again DC Martsens.

I really want a pair but i've got size 41 feet.. Do they make your feet look bigger? Also, do they creat 'cankles'?????

No, they actually make your legs look thinner because you're quite chunky.
I have a size 42 foot and they don't look like clown shoes on me, thank god :smile:
Best to just go and try a pair on first and see if you like the look.

I want so bad to wear my Docs with some leggings & a floral swing tank but its summer... not overly hot now but its probably a big no no. Why is it you always want to wear things in the wrong season? *sigh*

Some photos of a collaboration between Dr. Martens & Sanrio, celebrating Sanrio's 50th anniversary. A series of Hello Kitty inspired boots are released:

drmartenssanrio7.jpg

drmartenssanrio1.jpg

All images from mondayflying.

*do not post links for credits, please**

Last edited by a moderator:
^I'm fascinated by them! They're so ugly that they're awesome at the same time. Would never ever wear anything like that, but I can already imagine all those Japanese Gothic Lolitas wearing them.

ugh what is with Hello Kitty? I never got the appeal and now it's on Docs? meh!

When I blogged about Dr. Martens in my primary blog, I was looking up Dr. Martens' shoes online. One thing I didn't realize was some of their non-combat boot shoes. The 1460-type boots are as iconic for boots as Converse All-Stars are for sneakers. I looked around on Amazon just to see what other Dr. Martens there are. I know I've seen oxfords and mary janes, but I was most surprised how there were some very chic Dr. Martens boots for women. For example, look up these shoes online from Dr. Martens: Vanna, Amber, Dia, and Romy. The only non-boot Dr. Martens of these four is the Romy shoes, which are loafers. It seems like Dr. Martens tries to infuse some of its tough character with all of their shoes, even their really chic shoes for women.

Im buy the low cut Doc, like the 'brouge' or 3 eye one im not sure what they're call..

But I measured my foot and they are exact size 5, although my Doc 8 eye are size 6 they are stretch.

Should I get the 5?? (its the only one left) and will they give a bit...?

The Hello Kitty stuff is actually tolerable to me. At least that is different from skulls or anything like that. The Dr. Martens Hello Kitty stuff looks pretty nice. Not sure why you'd go with Hello Kitty to be on tough shoes like Dr. Martens, but it's a nice touch.

i really think i'm one of the only people who isn't a doc marten fans!
they just look clunky on me, maybe it's becauase i'm so short?
although i have seen them in looks where i like them, like Audrey Tautou in Amelie.
but my prefered choice of lace ups are oxfords :D

i kind of like the sanrio ones with the characters all over them..im not sure i would wear them but they are pretty cute!

I'm thinking about getting the cherry red smooth 10-eye boot.
However I noticed there aren't half-sizes for the boots. I wear an 8.5 in women's US size which would convert to UK size 6.5 according to their sizing chart. Should I go a size up to 7 or size down to 6? Any advice would be much appreciated! ^_^

2317_1_.jpg

dmusastore.com

I started seeing Doc's in east London being brought back almost 1.5 years ago now. Its just starting to hit mainstream again now i guess. Been all over nylon over the last year.

I'm thinking about getting the cherry red smooth 10-eye boot.
However I noticed there aren't half-sizes for the boots. I wear an 8.5 in women's US size which would convert to UK size 6.5 according to their sizing chart. Should I go a size up to 7 or size down to 6? Any advice would be much appreciated!

doc's run larger than normal shoes, I wear a size 8.5-9 and I fit into a doc's 6 & 5

i wanted Tori's:

171256_366_45.jpg

classic 14 eyes, except a thinner sole, pointed toe, double zip, and no yellow stitching.
except........ i ordered them online and they didn't fit so i sent them back for an exchange. and i got nothing back!!! that's $60 wasted, because the sellers are not responding. :( :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->